SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by jgmtens, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 07, 2013, 03:03 AM
Indonesia, Kepulauan Riau, Bintan
Joined May 2013
1 Posts
setting remote control

Dear All

i have news remote control Flysky 6CH , now i want to learn configuration for rc plane .
add Item i have

1 propeler apf 6x4
brushel out of runner 1pcs
servo 9 g 4 pcs
battery 2200
ecs 30A

i need some body to help configuration setting with csv file. i have application digital radio on my Pcdekstop.please

thank you
qris.nikoi is offline Find More Posts by qris.nikoi
to remove ads between posts
Old May 07, 2013, 11:16 PM
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Aug 2012
1,273 Posts
@ Qris.Nikoi-

I think you posted this in the wrong place...this forum is for Decals
Weed89 is offline Find More Posts by Weed89
Old May 21, 2013, 09:38 PM
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Nov 2011
340 Posts
Anyone try printing on waterproof vinyl paper. This stuff is made by Cricut. Says it can go through any inkjet printer and is waterproof.

http://cricketcandy.com/
Rangie5169 is offline Find More Posts by Rangie5169
Old May 22, 2013, 09:14 AM
San Diego, California
Joined Dec 2004
3,479 Posts
"Says it can go through any inkjet printer and is waterproof."

The paper may be, but is your ink????

Les
LesUyeda is offline Find More Posts by LesUyeda
Old May 22, 2013, 12:19 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,362 Posts
Looks like it may be viable. I found this on another website selling waterproof inkjet vinyl:

"A common question we receive about this media is: How can an inkjet media be waterproof if the ink itself is water-soluble?

The ink is trapped onto the media. The concept is similar to what happens if you spill fruit juice on white cotton fabric, such as a T-shirt. The dye molecules get trapped in the cotton fibers and cannot be removed easily using only a gentle stream of cold water. Sometimes warm water and soap will not even remove the stain."

But notice right after that they "recommend" either a laminate or UV spray protectant for durability.

Here's the website:

http://www.papilio.com/inkjet%20wate...m%20media.html

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old May 22, 2013, 12:25 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2011
1,474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crxmanpat View Post
Looks like it may be viable. I found this on another website selling waterproof inkjet vinyl:

"A common question we receive about this media is: How can an inkjet media be waterproof if the ink itself is water-soluble?

The ink is trapped onto the media. The concept is similar to what happens if you spill fruit juice on white cotton fabric, such as a T-shirt. The dye molecules get trapped in the cotton fibers and cannot be removed easily using only a gentle stream of cold water. Sometimes warm water and soap will not even remove the stain."

But notice right after that they "recommend" either a laminate or UV spray protectant for durability.

Here's the website:

Pat
I love this stuff! I use it exclusively on all my repainted planes. I am even going to try using it to "skin" my foamies where the sun "gatored" the surface. Because it is a matt finish, it takes paint very well also.
CarToon is offline Find More Posts by CarToon
Old May 22, 2013, 04:00 PM
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Aug 2012
1,273 Posts
I am using Avery label Laser/Inkjet glossy clear stuff it has 8 labels per sheet 2x3" each.

so far so good for nose art and smaller decals the stock # is 22822 you go to Avery's website and upload your stuff to a template online then use your printer to print it Very easy
Weed89 is offline Find More Posts by Weed89
Last edited by Weed89; May 22, 2013 at 04:08 PM.
Old May 31, 2013, 05:29 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2011
1,474 Posts
Does anybody have the VF-17 Jolly Roger for the Hellcat?
Old Jun 17, 2013, 03:21 PM
New York Highlander
United States, NY, Vermontville
Joined Apr 2012
1,681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarToon View Post
Does anybody have the VF-17 Jolly Roger for the Hellcat?
Something like this?
GFergy is offline Find More Posts by GFergy
Old Jun 17, 2013, 04:23 PM
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Nov 2011
340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crxmanpat View Post

Here's the website:

Pat
Went with the Papilio waterproof vinyl. Worked out fantastic. Only comment I would make is I wish it came in clear. With a white back ground there is a lot of exacto work to be done, especially on text type decals. But overall i love this stuff. Holds secure and completely wateproof as is without any laminate or UV spray. On our planes, they are not in the sun long enough to do that much UV damage, and if you need to, print another and reapply it if they start to look faded. I soaked these under the faucet and no runs what so ever. I highly approve and endose this product 100%.
Rangie5169 is offline Find More Posts by Rangie5169
Old Jul 01, 2013, 12:19 PM
United States, VA, Chesterfield
Joined Mar 2001
5,377 Posts
I am using a Mac and would like to know what program you guys use for making decals, numbers, etc? Thanks
Pat Daily is offline Find More Posts by Pat Daily
Old Jul 01, 2013, 12:37 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2011
1,474 Posts
I take images from this thread, or from the net, or scan from a decal sheet and blow them up. Then I clean them up and adjust color in Sketchbook Pro 2011, an inexpensive and easy to use drawing program that I use at work, which comes in PC and Mac formats.

Then I do test size printing in Photoshop to get the exact size I need before printing to the vinyl stickers. Of course, there are other less expensive ways to print if you don't have Photoshop. I sometimes use Photo Studio, a "poor man's" version of Photoshop. It has a lot of the same features, but is easier to navigate than Photoshop.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 03:48 PM
IAMCANADIAN
Canada, BC, Squamish
Joined Jul 2002
4,744 Posts
AETE CF188b (F18) 188907

I've done these for a Shumate F18 at 75% or 21" span. Original file is Inkscape.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=5040
Grejen is offline Find More Posts by Grejen
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Grejen; Jul 16, 2013 at 04:28 PM.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 06:15 PM
Gulf Breeze, FL
Joined Jul 2006
2,988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grejen View Post
I've done these for a Shumate F18 at 75% or 21" span.
Excellent - thanks!

The "907" on page 1 - is the italicized version for the right side? Photo appears to show regular version on left side.

Gene K
speedy01 is offline Find More Posts by speedy01
Old Jul 19, 2013, 04:28 PM
United States, NV, Fernley
Joined Oct 2011
2,066 Posts
Does anyone have the graphic or at least a clean side on photo of the 100th Anniversary commemorative paint scheme of No 3 Sq The large center reef and crown is the most important.

I'm scratch building a large twin of this model and need a simple paint scheme due to time constraints.

Build thread here --- > http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...831924&page=25
acesimmer is offline Find More Posts by acesimmer