HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by jgmtens, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 01:41 PM
New York Highlander
United States, NY, Vermontville
Joined Apr 2012
1,616 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinman View Post
John, I've resized the image to the size I wanted according to the rulers, then saved the image using "save as" and under a different name. When I pull the resized image back in to PS Elements it goes back showing the original deminsions. Also, when I insert the new file into the program I'm using it inserts it at the same size as the original. I've done this at least a dozen times....all with the same results. I used Paint as K900 suggested and have had no problems with the size.

Bob
Are you also saving it as a jpeg?
GFergy is offline Find More Posts by GFergy
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 19, 2013, 02:43 PM
Joined Dec 2008
344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFergy View Post
Are you also saving it as a jpeg?
Yes. PS pulls it back under the new resized image under jpeg, but when I insert it in to the word processor it does so at the original image size. Even when I insert in to paint it the original size.

Bob
thinman is offline Find More Posts by thinman
Old Mar 19, 2013, 04:06 PM
<<x USMC
USA, CA, Rancho Cucamonga
Joined Jun 2010
673 Posts
Quote:
Yes. PS pulls it back under the new resized image under jpeg, but when I insert it in to the word processor it does so at the original image size. Even when I insert in to paint it the original size.

Bob
Hi Bob, when sizing up images I also up the image resolution if say the original is 72dpi you want at least 150 to 300dpi for print... this has always worked for me.

image>>image size: Document Size Resolution
r0beert0 is offline Find More Posts by r0beert0
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV + McLaren P1 = HELLA FUN
Old Mar 19, 2013, 05:35 PM
Joined Aug 2010
258 Posts
Quote:
John, I've resized the image to the size I wanted according to the rulers, then saved the image using "save as" and under a different name. When I pull the resized image back in to PS Elements it goes back showing the original deminsions. Also, when I insert the new file into the program I'm using it inserts it at the same size as the original. I've done this at least a dozen times....all with the same results. I used Paint as K900 suggested and have had no problems with the size.

Bob
Don't know what to say. I am using CS5 and getting exactly what I want. Instead of a ruler, I use the image size command. I can adjust dimensions and pixel resolution on demand. I was able to shrink a 16 in wide image to 5/8th in wide and up the resolution to avoid pixelation.

Can't show you because the image is proprietary.

I did notice, that I can insert the images into word and get any size that fits into a document. Although Word will automatically shrink anything it thinks is too large to fit. Including images that do fit. I use word to print my very small WS decals with great success.
JohnSH is offline Find More Posts by JohnSH
Old Mar 24, 2013, 05:10 PM
USA, Texas Hill Country
Joined May 2008
1,883 Posts
"GEE BEE SENIOR SPORTSTER" - Decal Needed

If anyone has an good clean b&w image of just the "GEE BEE SENIOR SPORTSTER" logo I'd appreciate it.
I've tried all over the net and only found a couple but I'm not computer savy enough to clean them up. I need to size it to about 2 inches in length , if that helps.
Thanks
capteasy is offline Find More Posts by capteasy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E-flite hawker Hurricane 25E
Old Apr 05, 2013, 12:07 PM
New York Highlander
Joined Apr 2012
1,616 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by capteasy View Post
If anyone has an good clean b&w image of just the "GEE BEE SENIOR SPORTSTER" logo I'd appreciate it.
I've tried all over the net and only found a couple but I'm not computer savy enough to clean them up. I need to size it to about 2 inches in length , if that helps.
Thanks
What logo are you referring to?
Old Apr 05, 2013, 05:27 PM
United States, NV, Fernley
Joined Oct 2011
2,002 Posts
Does anyone have a set of RAF EuroFighter decals? Or any other countries. I'm scratch building a large EDF twin version. My build thread here ----> http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1831924
acesimmer is offline Find More Posts by acesimmer
Old Apr 06, 2013, 10:24 AM
USA, Texas Hill Country
Joined May 2008
1,883 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFergy View Post
What logo are you referring to?
Disregard, I found what I needed... it was the the "Gee Bee" logo and the "Granville Bros...." on the tail.
Thanks,
ce
capteasy is offline Find More Posts by capteasy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E-flite hawker Hurricane 25E
Old Apr 06, 2013, 11:41 AM
United States, VA, Alexandria
Joined Sep 2008
987 Posts
found a great site for printing your own lozenge pattern, also has lots of other FF stuff!
http://www.ffscale.co.uk/page4e.htm
1967250s is offline Find More Posts by 1967250s
Old Apr 06, 2013, 05:22 PM
Qualified foam surgeon
United States, WI, Sheboygan
Joined Apr 2012
724 Posts
Luftwaffe Insignia and Riech Defense Bands colors.

The first few images on this page are good, when you download them they should shrink down and be very detailed.

http://www.asisbiz.com/Battles/camouflage.html
FlyGuy3345 is online now Find More Posts by FlyGuy3345
Old Apr 06, 2013, 09:52 PM
Joined Mar 2013
29 Posts
hay i am looking for some dx 7s stickers if someone could post those i would really appreciate it.
macdonald 17 is offline Find More Posts by macdonald 17
Old May 06, 2013, 03:31 PM
Depron Daz
United Kingdom, England, Basingstoke
Joined Feb 2012
1,117 Posts
I'm struggling to find clear enough images of the tail decals on the XH558 Vulcan when she was in Cold War white scheme. I believe it was 50 Sqdn?
Does anyone have any clear pictures of the St George shield (can't see what is in yellow) and the squadron badge please? I've just gone through all of these pages and had no luck. Google pictures of the plane go blurry when zoomed in.

Here's hoping

Daz
Daz393 is offline Find More Posts by Daz393
Old May 06, 2013, 09:41 PM
New York Highlander
Joined Apr 2012
1,616 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daz393 View Post
I'm struggling to find clear enough images of the tail decals on the XH558 Vulcan when she was in Cold War white scheme. I believe it was 50 Sqdn?
Does anyone have any clear pictures of the St George shield (can't see what is in yellow) and the squadron badge please? I've just gone through all of these pages and had no luck. Google pictures of the plane go blurry when zoomed in.

Here's hoping

Daz
How's this?
Old May 07, 2013, 01:04 AM
Joined Jul 2004
160 Posts
Raf waddington

I believe this is what you are after.

Reuben
F86_sabre is offline Find More Posts by F86_sabre
Old May 07, 2013, 01:42 AM
Joined Jul 2004
160 Posts
50 SQD Emblem

Here is an enlarged version of the squadron emblem preferably for tracing. Its about an A4 size drawing.

Reuben
F86_sabre is offline Find More Posts by F86_sabre