Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by jgmtens, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:04 PM
Whad'ya mean over engineered?
United States, CA, Clearlake Oaks
Joined Jul 2011
1,444 Posts
jj604 - Look what I just found! Hope these help. ~ Robin
cubcrafter60 is offline Find More Posts by cubcrafter60
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Diversion: My Easy Star Hack
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:29 PM
ancora imparo
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
6,130 Posts
Thanks gents!

Just love the way you can get expert advice in minutes on the forums.

And apologies for thinking it was an A4 from the original angle.
jj604 is offline Find More Posts by jj604
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:25 PM
Joined Jul 2011
1,444 Posts
jj604 - You're welcome! I kinda liked it - I started on a repaint for the L-39 in RealFlight just to see how it would look in the air! ~ Robin
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 04, 2013, 12:33 AM
Joined Jul 2011
1,444 Posts
Wilfor & Brner - Thanks for all the help - Callie said she can make what I've collected work in quarter scale so I sent it all off to her! Thanks again & sorry for taking up so much space! ~ Robin
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 04, 2013, 04:57 AM
ancora imparo
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
6,130 Posts
Robin the other L39 you might like is the ones in the "Baltic Bees" aerobatic team. Similar scheme.

John

http://www.airfighters.com/photo/994...batros/YL-KSM/

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubcrafter60 View Post
jj604 - You're welcome! I kinda liked it - I started on a repaint for the L-39 in RealFlight just to see how it would look in the air! ~ Robin
jj604 is offline Find More Posts by jj604
Last edited by jj604; Feb 04, 2013 at 05:07 AM.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 07:20 AM
Just Me
United States, OR, Salem
Joined Apr 2006
813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubcrafter60 View Post
Wilfor & Brner - Thanks for all the help - Callie said she can make what I've collected work in quarter scale so I sent it all off to her! Thanks again & sorry for taking up so much space! ~ Robin
Robin,

You're very welcome. I've only used Callie's services one time but was very pleased with not only her work but also with her communication and the quick delivery of her product. The ease of laying down her decals also really impressed me.

And BTW, "Taking up space" is what we all do on here....lol

Don
Brner is offline Find More Posts by Brner
Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:12 PM
Joined Jul 2011
1,444 Posts
jj604 - Thanks, I saw that while searching for yours! I like the angry Hornet better though! I'm just playing with the L-39 in realflight - I'm more of a Super Cub or DH Beaver kinda guy- but I did do a 'quick' search for a EDF L-39! ...

Don - Last week I had Callie make up a set of my own design (fictitious) markings for my Flyzone Beaver so it wouldn't look like every other one at the field! Complete set for $19.00 Total (incl. shipping)! We e-mailed once or twice to sort out some details and when I sent the money, they shipped the very next day! I think that's pretty impressive for a custom print job. She's always responded to e-mails by the next buisiness day and has always been very gracious for the work.

I also just finalized and ordered the 1/4 scale AWT Super Cub graphics from Callie and got a note from her today that they'd be in the mail tomorrow!

Last - Thanks Fellas, some of those Beaver graphics came from this thread! ~ Robin
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 07, 2013, 08:00 AM
United States, KY, Bowling Green
Joined Jul 2011
1,075 Posts
ERCO Ercoupe logo's

Here are the left and right side nose log's for Ercoupe.

They can be resized and printed on decal sheet inkjet paper cut and trimed and applied.

Bill
Bill Smudge is offline Find More Posts by Bill Smudge
Old Mar 07, 2013, 09:43 PM
New York Highlander
United States, NY, Vermontville
Joined Apr 2012
1,533 Posts
Ferocious Frankie kill decals

Here is the kill decal for the Ferocious Frankie P-51 Mustang (banned in some countries).

I have the Durafly version in 1100mm.
GFergy is online now Find More Posts by GFergy
Old Mar 16, 2013, 02:37 PM
Joined Dec 2008
344 Posts
I know this is probably not exactly the place for this post, but it does pertain to one of the decal images in this thread.

I downloaded one of the images and wanted to resize it. I used Photoshop Elements 8 to do the resizing and got it the size I wanted. But, and here's the problem, when I save the resized image it saves it back at it's original size. If I open the file in PS 8 afterwards it shows the new size, but if I insert the image into my wordprocessor, or any other program, it inserts it at the original size not the new size. I have saved the file in the GIF format it downloaded as, and JPEG format with the same results. Hope someone is using PS and can help me out.

Thanks,

Bob
thinman is offline Find More Posts by thinman
Old Mar 17, 2013, 05:12 AM
Thatsright I drankthe rum
USA, MN, Robbinsdale
Joined May 2006
1,304 Posts
stick the image into Basic windows Paint ...
go to image >>>>strech/skew >>>>>>put in the size you want % in the boxes
re-save as new name or rewrite over the old file
DONE
K9000wner is offline Find More Posts by K9000wner
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 17, 2013, 08:00 AM
New York Highlander
United States, NY, Vermontville
Joined Apr 2012
1,533 Posts
I've also had luck using MS Word. Open a new doc, insert the picture, then you can drag the corners to resize. For good resolution, it's always better to reduce, than enlarge, so start with a large file size. You can also turn on grid. That helps with sizing as well.
GFergy is online now Find More Posts by GFergy
Old Mar 17, 2013, 10:35 AM
Joined Dec 2008
344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by K9000wner View Post
stick the image into Basic windows Paint ...
go to image >>>>strech/skew >>>>>>put in the size you want % in the boxes
re-save as new name or rewrite over the old file
DONE
Thanks a bunch K. That did the trick.

Bob
Old Mar 18, 2013, 07:53 PM
Joined Aug 2010
258 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinman View Post
I know this is probably not exactly the place for this post, but it does pertain to one of the decal images in this thread.

I downloaded one of the images and wanted to resize it. I used Photoshop Elements 8 to do the resizing and got it the size I wanted. But, and here's the problem, when I save the resized image it saves it back at it's original size. If I open the file in PS 8 afterwards it shows the new size, but if I insert the image into my wordprocessor, or any other program, it inserts it at the original size not the new size. I have saved the file in the GIF format it downloaded as, and JPEG format with the same results. Hope someone is using PS and can help me out.

Thanks,

Bob
When you edit and save a file in any Photoshop product, it does not change the original file. Instead, it creates a history file that on;y Photoshop can read. To save a redimensioned (or changed in any other way) you must "save as" to a new file name and the type of file that you want to use. The new file will have the properties that you want.
JohnSH is offline Find More Posts by JohnSH
Old Mar 19, 2013, 01:23 PM
Joined Dec 2008
344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSH View Post
When you edit and save a file in any Photoshop product, it does not change the original file. Instead, it creates a history file that on;y Photoshop can read. To save a redimensioned (or changed in any other way) you must "save as" to a new file name and the type of file that you want to use. The new file will have the properties that you want.
John, I've resized the image to the size I wanted according to the rulers, then saved the image using "save as" and under a different name. When I pull the resized image back in to PS Elements it goes back showing the original deminsions. Also, when I insert the new file into the program I'm using it inserts it at the same size as the original. I've done this at least a dozen times....all with the same results. I used Paint as K900 suggested and have had no problems with the size.

Bob