SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by jgmtens, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:21 PM
Modesto, California USA
Joined Jan 2004
732 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0beert0 View Post
made these for a friend to use on his MQ9.
I made customs/border patrol markings for a cessna 310 a year and a half ago. I caught grief by some for showing a "repressive government agency that hurts poor people trying to survive."
I responded to then do it legally. I still fly it, proudly.
Holtenbacker is offline Find More Posts by Holtenbacker
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:33 PM
<<x USMC
United States, CA, Burbank
Joined Jun 2010
675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holtenbacker View Post
I made customs/border patrol markings for a cessna 310 a year and a half ago. I caught grief by some for showing a "repressive government agency that hurts poor people trying to survive."
I responded to then do it legally. I still fly it, proudly.
As well you should! I'm sure these are the same people that will not fly Axis warbird models. Some people just need to lighten up and enjoy the hobby.
r0beert0 is offline Find More Posts by r0beert0
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Giving Thanks!
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:28 PM
What's up with that?
United States, CA, Clearlake Oaks
Joined Jul 2011
1,764 Posts
Hey All, After an exhaustive internet search - I'm stumped! I'm trying to refinish the old (2003?) quarter scale Hangar 9 Super Cub in Alaska State Trooper markings. What has me stumped is the AST logo just behind the registration (circled in red in the second photo).

I found a set of 1/25 police car decals with the logo and contacted the manufacturer but he said the graphic is not available, I've ordered a set of the decals through a distributor - but I'm not counting on them scanning and enlarging well enough for a 1/4 scale graphic to be made. I've also contacted the Alaska State Troopers public affairs office to see if they could possibly put me in touch with someone in their aircraft maintenance section - I just sent that out so I'm waiting on a reply.

Anyway I just thought I'd throw it up here 'just in case' someone might have something laying around!

Thanks! ~ Robin
cubcrafter60 is offline Find More Posts by cubcrafter60
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 27, 2013, 04:11 PM
RC Adddict
Canada, BC, Williams Lake
Joined Jan 2010
4,357 Posts
Is this the one ?

http://www.google.ca/imgres?start=30...&tx=188&ty=101
Wilfor is offline Find More Posts by Wilfor
Old Jan 27, 2013, 04:38 PM
What's up with that?
Joined Jul 2011
1,764 Posts
Wilfor - Yea! I spent like 8-10 hours looking for this graphic! Almost makes me want to pick a new scheme (kidding)!

THANK YOU!!!! It may require slight modification but I'm about 98% closer than I was an hour or so ago!

Thanks again! ~ Robin
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 27, 2013, 04:57 PM
What's up with that?
Joined Jul 2011
1,764 Posts
Wilfor - After looking a little closer, I think that the shields in the logo on the aircraft have more of a painted look than the photorealistic shield on the plate. I may be able to modify it but I just wanted to say I really appreciate the link! ~ Robin
PS - Sorry I was trying to figure out what happened here - the bottom image won't open because it's already full size!
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by cubcrafter60; Jan 27, 2013 at 05:50 PM.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 05:03 PM
RC Adddict
Canada, BC, Williams Lake
Joined Jan 2010
4,357 Posts
No problem .. The one i posted is for a license plate and i thought it looked a little to clean as well .It was the only one i saw that wasnt from an angle on the side of a plane or car . Post what you come up with

PS this is the best i found on a car http://www.flickr.com/photos/34057640@N07/6437161421/
Wilfor is offline Find More Posts by Wilfor
Old Jan 27, 2013, 05:32 PM
What's up with that?
Joined Jul 2011
1,764 Posts
Wilfor - I did see that one but I kinda think it's a little more detailed than the one's on the aircraft. - Here's a real quick and dirty clean up of it (the resoloution wasn't that great in the photo)! ~ Robin
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 27, 2013, 05:38 PM
What's up with that?
Joined Jul 2011
1,764 Posts
Since I couldn't delete this duplicate post - I'll use the space! Monday 5:54 PM

I mentioned in my first post that I had e-mailed a request for information to the Alaska State Troopers, Public Affairs Officer.

Well I got home today to find an email from her saying she had forwarded the request to the head of their aircraft maintenance division, and a second from the head of aircraft maintence (CC'd me) asking a mechanic if he would get the info to me!

I requested a FS color number for the blue paint and a photo of the logo - I'll post what I get when it gets here!

Moral of the story, if all else fails, ask! - Worst they can say is no.

Thanks again Wilfor for your help! ~ Robin
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by cubcrafter60; Jan 28, 2013 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Double post
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:54 AM
What's up with that?
Joined Jul 2011
1,764 Posts
Hi All - Sorry for all these posts!

Here's the photo I received from the Alaska State Troopers aircraft maintenance section (thank you)! It looks like the shield has been 'updated' since the photos I had were taken.

The second is the best I was able to come up with in paint (not real thrilled with the background field). Not having done this before, can anyone tell me if its clean enough to have a decal or vinyl graphic made?

The last is the badge alone just in case someone with more skills wants to (or could ) take a shot at the background fields!

Thank's! - Robin
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:26 AM
Just Me
United States, OR, Salem
Joined Apr 2006
873 Posts
If you're planning on having a decal make and not making it yourself, the best source I've found is Callie's Graphics. I'm sure she can work out the colors to your satisfaction. She just did a set for my wife's glider and they are fantastic...
Brner is offline Find More Posts by Brner
Old Jan 30, 2013, 01:12 PM
What's up with that?
Joined Jul 2011
1,764 Posts
Brner - Thanks! Yes - this is for a quarter scale project so I think I'm going to have Callie Graphics do them! I just had my first experience with them, they shipped the day after I finalized the artwork! They should be here today!
~ Robin
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 03, 2013, 06:33 PM
ancora imparo
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
6,865 Posts
Apologies, this is a bit OT but I thought folks here might be able to help.

Anyone know where there is any more pictures of this aircraft? Especially a top and bottom view? It is presumably a TA-4 set up for target towing.

Thanks
jj604 is online now Find More Posts by jj604
Old Feb 03, 2013, 07:09 PM
United States, PA, Telford
Joined Jun 2006
39 Posts
Try this site http://www.airliners.net/ top right side of page type L-39. (this is not an A-4 as the caption says)
dderst is offline Find More Posts by dderst
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:43 PM
What's up with that?
Joined Jul 2011
1,764 Posts
jj604 - Had (Hungarian Amour Decals) has a 1/72 (72-054) set for this aircraft (not sure where you would find them). Here's a couple more pics of the aircraft and the model.
Nice scheme - Good hunting! ~ Robin

Aero L-39ZO Albatros - cn 831119 Hungarian Angry Hornet...
RCG Plus Member