SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by jgmtens, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 21, 2006, 05:30 PM
Aviation Addict
Auburn, California
Joined Jan 2005
12 Posts
P&W 1800

Last for now...
Spin Daddy is offline Find More Posts by Spin Daddy
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 23, 2006, 12:54 AM
Debris Fields 'R' Us
Union City, Ca
Joined Mar 2005
98 Posts
Sikorsky S16 Markings

Here is my addition. If you would like it in a Visio file I can do that also.
Quicksdraw is offline Find More Posts by Quicksdraw
Old Apr 23, 2006, 03:02 AM
Gatwick, UK
Joined Oct 2004
19 Posts
Manchots Penguins

Basic Flying School of the Belgian Air Force had a display team called The Manchots Patrol. They operated Stampe SV4's. The crest of the unit and the particular nature of the manoeuvres executed with great virtuosity by the pilots in the course of the air shows, contributed heavily in choosing an unusual and humoristic name: the "Manchots", French for penguins.
Carbon Copy is offline Find More Posts by Carbon Copy
Old May 01, 2006, 05:23 AM
Joined Jul 2004
162 Posts
Red Arrows Emblem

Lin
try this link
http://www.rc-network.de/magazin/art...0040-01.html#1

Browse there....you can see the Red Arrows emblem there. It is available in Corel and other formats.
Hope this helps

Reuben
F86_sabre is offline Find More Posts by F86_sabre
Old May 02, 2006, 11:31 PM
WLV, CA
Joined Aug 2005
2,250 Posts
made a cleaner version
IH8VTEC is offline Find More Posts by IH8VTEC
Old May 07, 2006, 01:32 AM
2.5kg C-17 foamy, No prob!!
Australia, NSW, Wattle Grove
Joined Mar 2005
807 Posts
Gotrek have a look at these forums for the f-117.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=481872
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=501920
and i have these to offer you...
PEZ
pezzer2003 is offline Find More Posts by pezzer2003
Old May 09, 2006, 06:22 PM
WLV, CA
Joined Aug 2005
2,250 Posts
New Nose Art

nose art
Old May 09, 2006, 11:14 PM
Harpy Wings Over Ohio
Joined Feb 2006
176 Posts
That's an interesting common element in all those nose art examples. I've isolated it and set it up in several colors.

I noticed the stencil was not always precisely done - sometimes a few letters were out of line.
Synthfilker is offline Find More Posts by Synthfilker
Old May 10, 2006, 12:08 AM
WLV, CA
Joined Aug 2005
2,250 Posts
here is the website I found them at
http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.co...11/walk379.htm

I missed some at the top.
Last edited by IH8VTEC; May 10, 2006 at 03:52 AM. Reason: fixed link
Old May 10, 2006, 10:21 AM
It's a trap!
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Feb 2006
3,143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pezzer2003
Gotrek have a look at these forums for the f-117.
Thanks, but that didn't really give me what I needed. Best I have been able to find so far is the one below.
GotrekGurnisson is offline Find More Posts by GotrekGurnisson
Old May 10, 2006, 06:25 PM
Always looking UP
Lilburn, Georgia, USA
Joined Nov 2000
2,361 Posts
Decals and the Blue Angels

Hey Guys

I do RC airplane `stuff' to help support my own RC projects. I convert old plans to laser cut kits, provide large format plans printing, create high resolution thermal print decals, banners, and do aircraft kits and designs from scratch.

I created the Blue Angels decals for Andy Willetts for his review of the GWS Cargo trans review.

This is an awesome thread, but some of us just cant spent hours of hard work to provide free artwork for decals. Sure you can grab image files from anywhere, but to import, scale, overdraw, and apply colors is not a 5 minute `Raster' print from a PC desktop computer. Desktop printers cant print white, water transfer decals need a clear overcoat, which will crack if applyed over covering, especially if the covering wrinkles and needs a quick blast from a heat gun.

Water transfer decals usually need a smooth surface to adhere to foam, which may require a clearcoat before applying them, then a second one after they are applied, watch for air pockets.

Cut vinyl is great for a simple one or two color `Overlay', if you can register them without messing up. A good decal consists of multiple colors, printed on receptive vinyl, then cut from the vinyl cutter to the exact outline of the decal. The process sends the print file to the printer, and a cut file to the cutter at the same time. The printer makes a registration target, that the cutter is calibrated to cut from.

The Gerber Edge print and cut system can print chrome, gold, white and about 30 `Spot colors'. The bottom line is, what is the quality of the airplane that the decals are going on, and what are you willing to spend.

There are other systems that print on vinyl, but need to be cut out after printing. They use outdoor inks that are UV stable, and rated for 2+ years in the outdoors. Check with your local sign or print shop for help, but dont be alarmed at the price. I usually include artwork time in my price, most sign shops charge $40 to $75 an hour!

I think alot of posters here are creating there own decals, then offering them up for free to others (which is good), or lurking around in this post, to see what they can get for next to nothing.

Here is one I created for Chris True's Dessert Storm A-10, so I guess I made a contribution

In any case, Have Fun!
FANMAN is offline Find More Posts by FANMAN
Old May 11, 2006, 10:33 PM
Pittsburgh, PA
Joined Jan 2002
1,271 Posts
Red,
Here's a link to a guy with a real nice Fat Albert. Maybe he can help out ?
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...0&postcount=95
-Mike
FlyByMike is offline Find More Posts by FlyByMike
Old May 12, 2006, 10:13 AM
WHAT THE...
Evansville, Indiana
Joined Jan 2005
1,576 Posts
here's some stuff
barmonkey is offline Find More Posts by barmonkey
Old May 12, 2006, 11:01 AM
It's a trap!
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Feb 2006
3,143 Posts
Hrmmm...was that tail insignia done by you barmonkey? Doesn't look quite right, based on a shot from the real thing. Good approximation though. Would be tweakable if you have the source file (PSD etc).

The text is pretty close. Would be pretty good if you lost the drop shadow and edited some of the letters - especially the capital A. What font is that?
GotrekGurnisson is offline Find More Posts by GotrekGurnisson
Old May 12, 2006, 01:59 PM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Aug 2004
2,364 Posts
Order of Layer

Hi,

I like the beautiful decal patterns posted here. I have a question though.
If I print out these decals to say testors custom decal sheet, should I apply the decals first to a painted foam plane (a little rough on surface) and then glass it, or should I glass the plane first and then apply the decal? Thanks for advice.
shschon is offline Find More Posts by shschon