HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by jgmtens, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 06:03 PM
but it's a nice obsession
Sandy, Utah
Joined Apr 2003
1,049 Posts
Cool
Post scale decals for downloading

Thought it would be nice to have a central place to go for various airplane insignia that members can use to make decals. Got this one from another post a long time ago. You should be able to right click on it and save it to your computer. If you insert it into MS Word, you can size it anyway you like. Then print it out on clear or white label paper and you have a decal!

You can get the full sheet label paper at most office supply stores. Also, at

http://www.onlinelabels.com/ol175.htm

(test results on page 21)

I usually just use the regular white paper (100 sheets for $11) and then cover it with clear packing tape to make it glossy and seal it. Then I cut it out and stick it on. But, there are a lot of different ways to do it as you'll see in the thread!

So, I'll start with this one. Hopefully others will join in with theirs. We could get quite a good collection!

Please abide by the wishes of posting members about use of their art for commercial purposes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leccyflyer

As Tom has pointed out, I'm happy to provide any files of graphics that I've drawn, for fellow modellers to make their own use of. I would be less happy if they were ripped off and produced as decals for profit, so we should make it clear that this thread is a resource for the mutal benefit of modellers and not a free source of graphics to be reproduced for profit.
Also, please only post decal photos - airplane photos just make it longer for members to download the pages when they are looking for decals.

Regarding Pinups, please only post scale Pinup type nose art that complies with RCGroups policy which bans posts that "contain content that portrays an area of the body normally covered by a bikini." Thank you.

As this thread is quite large, please use the "Search this Thread" function at the top to find what you are looking for before posting a request. If you don't find what you are looking for try: www.google.com and click on the "images" button at the top.

If you are posting a decal, it is very helpful to accurately name your decal in the post title so that other members can find it easily with a search of the thread.

LiftVsGravity started a helpful index here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=615

Periodically I go through and delete non-decal and duplicate posts so that we end up with mostly decals. This will make it easier for members to page through and find decals that are not labeled. Thanks for your contributions! Jon

WWII U.S. Star and Bar
jgmtens is offline Find More Posts by jgmtens
Last edited by jgmtens; Feb 20, 2012 at 07:59 PM. Reason: added note about google images
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 13, 2005, 06:08 PM
Sandy, Utah
Joined Apr 2003
1,049 Posts
U.S. Star and Bar with red stripe

Here is the current U.S. roundel:
Last edited by jgmtens; Aug 11, 2013 at 12:27 PM. Reason: new larger image
Old Apr 14, 2005, 01:27 AM
Keep off the Grass!!
Cardiff Wales UK
Joined Jun 2003
1,681 Posts
Come on then!

Well I, for another, think so too! Jon.

Not much interest in my Gull thread either, or your namesake's Luscombe

So I will donate some of the hard work with CAD "painting" I did on the Mk IX Spitfire MH 434. Here's the Duxford Breitling Badge of the period. The rest of the decals for this I'll post here asap.

BTW - I used Alt + Print Screen and then Elements 2 to get it this bad

Ade
Adrian Britton is offline Find More Posts by Adrian Britton
Old Apr 14, 2005, 02:28 AM
Keep off the Grass!!
Cardiff Wales UK
Joined Jun 2003
1,681 Posts
Another for MH 434

Here's The Officer's Wife's name and victories. Note the claim for half of an enemy Aircraft!

There's a "Discovery" episode about this particular Spitfire called "A Spitfire's Story"

Ade
Old Apr 14, 2005, 03:09 AM
East Anglia, UK
Joined Sep 2002
29,687 Posts
hers some I did for Ades ME109

ahem
vintage1 is offline Find More Posts by vintage1
Old Apr 14, 2005, 03:14 AM
East Anglia, UK
Joined Sep 2002
29,687 Posts
A bit for a camel

nm...
vintage1 is offline Find More Posts by vintage1
Old Apr 14, 2005, 05:54 AM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,473 Posts
Here's some that I did for my little FW 190. Ive had to dodge the scaling a bit to fit them on the page for display, but you can scale them to the size you like. The original CRD files are much smaller and more convenient, with the benefit of layers, allowing printing in white with a suitable printer. That explains why I've had to put grey boxes on the jpeg export file, they aren't there on the original. If you can't print white you would just have to cut around them very carefully. Two A4 sheets.
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old Apr 14, 2005, 06:11 AM
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,473 Posts
.and here's a Piper Cub tail logo - again the original CDR file has layers to allow printing of the white bits, but with this one it's not so critical.
Old Apr 14, 2005, 06:31 AM
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,473 Posts
Here's some unit markings for a DH Venom. The Squadron Badge is for 6 Squadron RAF and the logo is their Flying Tin Openers symbol, created in the Western Desert to reflect their role as tankbusters. There are some odd bits of RAF markings included as well, fire access points, rescue access, ejector seat warning markings, sorry no roundels in this one.
Old Apr 14, 2005, 06:36 AM
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,473 Posts
...and some 610 City of Chester Squadron codes and roundels for a Spitfire Mk 1. I'd chosen these codes to use for my Robbe Spitfire as there is a superb illustration in the Watakane monograph on the Spitfire that I was going to use. Then, lo and behold GWS used that same aircraft for their Spitfire decals so now I have to find another one
Old Apr 14, 2005, 06:52 AM
Build'em and Crash'em
Narragansett, RI
Joined Oct 2000
3,158 Posts
Not made by me, but was on the web for others to use, so I'll put it in here.
Ken Lapointe is online now Find More Posts by Ken Lapointe
Old Apr 14, 2005, 09:52 AM
Asker, Norway
Joined Feb 2003
313 Posts
Swedish old style roundel
Admiral Piett14 is offline Find More Posts by Admiral Piett14
Last edited by Admiral Piett14; Oct 30, 2005 at 11:39 AM.
Old Apr 14, 2005, 11:21 AM
Sandy, Utah
Joined Apr 2003
1,049 Posts
Hamilton Standard logo

Here's something to detail those props! Found it here with a lot of other company logos. Jon

http://www.fiddlersgreen.net/other/F...s/AC-Logos.htm

(There is a much larger file on page 26.)
Last edited by jgmtens; Dec 13, 2009 at 11:49 AM.
Old Apr 14, 2005, 01:01 PM
Field Marshal
Jakobstad,Finland
Joined Apr 2002
220 Posts
Great! In exchange for the Hamilton logo, here is my contibution..the Champion is from a photo of the replica, thus a little twisted.
Lusha is offline Find More Posts by Lusha
Old Apr 15, 2005, 01:53 AM
Keep off the Grass!!
Cardiff Wales UK
Joined Jun 2003
1,681 Posts
Spitfire MkIX

Here is the 27" span proto for the Q&EFI plan and the rest of the decals

Ade

Vinto! Nice job of the 109 "Hellhound".... what happened to the Aeroplane?