HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 12, 2005, 07:17 PM
Joined Mar 2005
81 Posts
WTB Hitec Eclipse 7 or Optic 6

Hey all

I am pulling my hair trying to decide which transmitter to go for the Eclipse 7 or the Optic 6. I got the money ready to go and its burning a hole in me pocket
I know this question has been asked before but the answers in the thread left me even more confused than before.

I have a Stryker and have decided to take the plunge and buy myself a new setup. I think I have narrowed it down to the Eclipse 7 or Optic 6 but can't decide which is for me.
I want to buy a radio that will last me quite a while that I wont grow out of. I have an offer from a guy I know for a New Eclipse 7 with spectra 4 x HS-425BB servos. 2 Tx bat. packs a HFD-08RD Rx. and a nice lil carry case for the transmitter. He wants $320 but I think I can get him down to $280. Does this sound like a good deal?

Thanks guys....
barmybovine is offline Find More Posts by barmybovine
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 12, 2005, 10:02 PM
What power line?
Rocky Mountains
Joined Aug 2004
3,507 Posts
Optic 6. Read the review, as I did, and go out and buy it the next day. Then, read the book and enjoy the heck out of it. I like mine.
PoudreDerf is offline Find More Posts by PoudreDerf
Old Apr 13, 2005, 07:13 AM
Singapore
Joined Nov 2004
150 Posts
Sold my JR 3810 and got Optic 6 with spectra 40Mhz.

Thanks
almtmd is offline Find More Posts by almtmd
Old Apr 13, 2005, 07:35 AM
Joined Mar 2005
81 Posts
Thanks guys

I think I am leaning towards the Optic
Old Apr 13, 2005, 09:23 AM
S.A.D. member
United States, TX, Round Rock
Joined Dec 2004
9,424 Posts
The only advantage of the Eclipse is its 7th channel. But sometimes this is a HUGE advantage. In everything else the Optic is superior. It's a pity that the Optic is 6 and not 7 or 8.
ivanc is offline Find More Posts by ivanc
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 17, 2005, 09:24 AM
Joined Mar 2005
81 Posts
Thanks guys

Well I thought I was leaning towards the Optic until I found an ebay deal
I got an Eclipse 7 with Spectra, 4 7Ch. Dual conversion receivers <all Hitec> .
14 Servos <almost all new> and 2 Tx batt. packs. I got the deal for $325 shipped. I think I did pretty well.

Most of the servos although are to big for my needs right now. I only have a couple of foamies but plan to be making many more. I have 4 used HS-422 , 3 new in box<1 used> HS-425BB's, 3 new in box HS-325BB's 1 new in box HS-75BB Retract and 2 Hobbico CS-25's . The latter being the only ones of any real use to me right now.

Do folks use these size servos on electrics. I dont think I will get into gas in the future. Maybe I should try selling some of these servo's. I would like to get Lipo's as I have just ordered myself my first brushless , one of those little BP21's that I thought I would try on my stryker and a little slow flyer I built. Maybe someones interested in a trade for some other type of equipment? Let me know if you are at scottmaingi@fallsmedia.com

Thanks again for your replies

Scott
Old Apr 17, 2005, 10:00 AM
Joined Sep 2002
2,098 Posts
Servo City has the Eclipse w/Spectra for $220 and the Optic w/Spectra for $180. No receivers or servos. But you would have had about $100 additional to spend to get to $320.

How well you did on Ebay is dependant on how much of the extra stuff you can actually use. Large servos and 7 ch receivers may not work well in smaller electrics.

Decisions... decisions.

SG
sierra-gold is offline Find More Posts by sierra-gold
Old Apr 17, 2005, 12:13 PM
Joined Mar 2005
81 Posts
the receivers are smaller than the one I use now so I should be good there. Yeah I think the servo's will have to go . Oh and I got like 12 different crystals for the RX's too. I have found the Eclipse new with spectra slightly cheaper than the price you found but couldnt resist getting all the other goodies to. I'm happy with the deal anyway. I could only get 2 new receivers <same models> with the extra $100 you mentioned and that would not have included shipping.

Thanks for the reply
Old Apr 17, 2005, 11:17 PM
United States, AZ, Arizona City
Joined Sep 2001
4,983 Posts
If you decide to go with the Eclipse, then PM me. I've got one,tx, unused receiver and four servos.
GaryO is offline Find More Posts by GaryO