HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Michael Heer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 27, 2006, 01:54 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Shijr, Taiwan. DungGwan, China. City of Industry, California.
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
GWS China just finished 2nd batch of GWS 2205 BL motors and ESC.

Catch on time to tranship out from Hong Kong via TNT, UPS and Fedex before Chinese New Year Vocation started.

Pretty soon, world wide GWS flyers will receive them soon.
GWS4CEO is offline Find More Posts by GWS4CEO
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2006, 08:14 PM
The Cocky One!
Modesto CA
Joined Nov 2004
940 Posts
A sad day.

To all who shall hear this, greetings. A sad day has fallen here at GWS USA. We have lost a loved one in Richard Higly, who was the service officer at GWS USA. If you have ever called and talked to him; then you know what a kind person he was. I will miss him till the day that I die. He was my very dear friend. Jeffrey Hunter
Jarhead is offline Find More Posts by Jarhead
Last edited by Jarhead; Feb 01, 2006 at 08:22 PM.
Old Feb 08, 2006, 10:43 PM
Never Trade Luck for Skill
United States, FL, North Port
Joined Jan 2005
12,905 Posts
GWS P-38 for sale?

This website is showing a GWS P-38 with a part #. Whats the Scoop?

http://www.bmi-models.com/site/index.php?i=2196
MERLIN V16 is offline Find More Posts by MERLIN V16
Old Feb 09, 2006, 04:41 AM
Houng-wen Lin
Shijr, Taiwan. DungGwan, China. City of Industry, California.
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
I am very sad to hear about GWS USA staff: Mr. Richard Higly passed away during I am busy in Germany Nurnberg Toy Fair.
GWS4CEO is offline Find More Posts by GWS4CEO
Old Feb 09, 2006, 04:55 AM
Joined Jul 2004
1,537 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarhead
To all who shall hear this, greetings. A sad day has fallen here at GWS USA. We have lost a loved one in Richard Higly, who was the service officer at GWS USA. If you have ever called and talked to him; then you know what a kind person he was. I will miss him till the day that I die. He was my very dear friend. Jeffrey Hunter
He was one of the best. A very nice gental man with so much passion in RC model airplanes. He rode motorcycle to GWS USA everyday. I am very sure many GWS flyers spoke to him. Sorry to miss such a wonderful friend. He will always in mind and never forget.

Ray K. Liao
RAY GWS is offline Find More Posts by RAY GWS
Old Feb 17, 2006, 03:49 AM
Joined Jul 2004
1,537 Posts
New Item from GWS

GWS EZ Pushrod Connector In Stock Now.

The photo below is the GWS EZ Connector for pushrods. It comes with 5 EZ connectors and Allen wrench. Using set screw to decrease the weight. This will ensure you be able to install pushrod easily on the servo horn. Keep these parts handy to make your life easier and with more time to fly.

Item Number: GW/FAS7A
Old Feb 17, 2006, 03:50 AM
Joined Jul 2004
1,537 Posts
New GWS HD Propeller

GWS has one more propeller for you. We just added a new size of propeller in the GWS HD Series: HD1260 Propeller. GWS HD Series Propeller with excellent performance is designed by GWS CEO, Mr. Lin. It provides you more thrust with less current draw. You are welcome to test and compare with other major brands in the market. This will be an excellent propeller for GWS Formosa II flyers to use.

Item Number: GWPRO001

with shaft attach rings -- will fit 3 mm, 4 mm, 5 mm, 6 mm shafts.
Last edited by RAY GWS; Feb 17, 2006 at 04:39 AM.
Old Feb 17, 2006, 04:14 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
I am assuming that this "New" Propeller is made to mount on the EPS-400C gearboxes with that size nut?
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
Old Feb 17, 2006, 04:22 AM
Joined Jul 2004
1,537 Posts
Brushless Motors / Speed Controllers / GWS Brushless ESC Programming Card

As many of you know that GWS will have more brushless motors and speed controllers plus programming board soon. I post some info here for all of you.

GWS has more products in related to Brushless motors. We have 2 more Brushless Speed Controllers plus GWS Brushless ESC Programming Card.

Item Number------ Description-------------Notes------US Retail
GWESC15A---BL Speed Controllers 15A--Available Now------$25
GWESC25A---BL Speed Controllers 25A--Available in March--$35
GWESC35A---BL Speed Controllers 35A--Available in March--$45

For Brushless Motors:

After 2205/15T Brushless Motor, GWS has 2 more brushless outrunner motors. Bigger motors with more power for you to enjoy the flight and feel the thrill. Please check our web page for more detail info.

Item Number----Description--------Notes----------------US Retail
GWBLM001------2205/15T----Sold Out & Back ordered &------$15
Available in March
GWBLM002------2208/18T----Available in March--------------$18
GWBLM003------2212/--------Available in March--------------$21

GWS Brushless ESC Programming Card

Item Number: GWPGM001
US Retail Price: $10

Flyers can carry this small & compact programming board to the flying fields and change the setting on the GWS Brushless Speed Controllers without a PC. The functions flyers can change:

1. Battery Cutoff Voltage
2. Brake Setting
3. Responding Delay Time to Throttle
4. Switching Frequency
5. Timing Advance

We will try to keep you updated about GWS product and information. If you are interested in this new product, please contact your GWS sales representatives or email to export@gws.com.tw.

Ray from GWS

Please click on the link below to see the original document.

http://download.gwsus.com/gwstw/gwsnews0218.doc
---530KB
Last edited by RAY GWS; Feb 23, 2006 at 08:56 PM. Reason: add photos for Programming Card
Old Feb 17, 2006, 05:13 AM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guapoman2000
I am assuming that this "New" Propeller is made to mount on the EPS-400C gearboxes with that size nut?
Hi guapoman2000

It would be one of the best propellers used on Formosa II.

Chen
GWS CHEN is offline Find More Posts by GWS CHEN
Old Feb 17, 2006, 10:54 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWS CHEN
Hi guapoman2000

It would be one of the best propellers used on Formosa II.

Chen
No doubt however, it really depends on how you setup one's particular FORMOSA-II. For those that like 3D ship then perhaps it will be a good fit, however, for those that like to fly Sport and not 3D then, a smaller diameter propeller with a little more pitch maybe in order.

Carlos
Old Feb 18, 2006, 04:45 AM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,703 Posts
Hi Carlos

Yes, I agree with you. There is 1170 in line. Some more new propellers have been designing and testing for brushless motors.

Chen
Old Feb 18, 2006, 06:02 AM
Darwin Australia
Joined May 2002
6,960 Posts
Carlos.

I disagree with the premisis that the Formosa II meeds a smaller than 12 inch diameter propeller with a larger pitch to fly patern aerobatics.

I am curently using my Formosa II with a 300 Watt outrunner to learn to fly Sportsman Patern. The propeller I am using is an APC 10 x 5 Thin Electric because the GWS 10 x 6 HD is too fast for good aerobatics. With the larger pitch propellers the aeroplane gains too much speed on the down lines when the propeller is pulling the aeroplane toward the ground and looses too much speed on the up lines.

Ken
kensp is offline Find More Posts by kensp
Old Feb 18, 2006, 06:23 AM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,703 Posts
Ken, how about using a 250W on Formosa II for patern flights?

Chen
Old Feb 18, 2006, 08:22 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kensp
Carlos.

I disagree with the premisis that the Formosa II meeds a smaller than 12 inch diameter propeller with a larger pitch to fly patern aerobatics.

I am curently using my Formosa II with a 300 Watt outrunner to learn to fly Sportsman Patern. The propeller I am using is an APC 10 x 5 Thin Electric because the GWS 10 x 6 HD is too fast for good aerobatics. With the larger pitch propellers the aeroplane gains too much speed on the down lines when the propeller is pulling the aeroplane toward the ground and looses too much speed on the up lines.

Ken
Ken,

I know that many of you refer that WATTs is WATTs but, it all depends on the Propeller RPMs. I don't seem to understand what you mean by

[PHP]"loosses too much speed on the up lines?"[/PHP]

A propeller will pull the model through say a very good round loop as long as the Propeller RPMs are sufficient even though you go with a smaller Propeller Diameter and considering you do change out one with a high pitch. I can understand if the airframe has lots of drag with a large round Cowling or fat FUSE that does not allow for Sport Flying then, I would assume the model would not be considered as a good Sport model to be begin with.

My Great Planes Super Sportster EP having less than 300 Watts with a Brushed Modified 550 motor allows for spectacular Sport flying. Just because you have less Watts does not mean that you will have an inadaquate power system to allow the model for Sport Flying and other manuvers. Depending on how you setup that particular power system and selection of Propeller, gearbox ratio etc.. will determine. My Sportster EP performs the best largest loops of any of my models in my fleet and performs low level inverted passes to end with 1/2 outside loop to bring her back right-side up.

The Sportster EP is powered by the Japanese Kyosho Endoplasma 16-turn (3,700 RPM/Volt) in the Electrify GD-600 gearbox using the pinion to provide for a 3.8:1 ratio and get this...swinging the APC "Sport" 9 X 8 Propeller!

http://media.putfile.com/Super-Sport...Endo--9X8-Prop

Oh, yeah, the Sportster tips the scale at a little over 3lbs. and has only 383 sq.-in. of wing area.

If you don't have the air speed, I guess the WATTs was not harnessed or setup correctly for the type of Sport flying I was referring to, unless of course in Australia, there's a different definition of this...
Last edited by guapoman2000; Feb 18, 2006 at 08:40 AM.