SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Michael Heer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 21, 2006, 02:03 PM
Darwin Australia
Joined May 2002
6,960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodriven
Just curious... isn't the motor (prop) shaft positioned too low on a mount like that? Imagine the location of the motor (prop) shaft on a GWS 350 geared system. It's higher. Almost at the stick location. So... short of cutting up a GWS plane to reposition the stick mount... how will these work?
All the foam GWS aeroplanes, except the Formosa II, have two holes for the stick. The top hole is used when an EPS gearbox is fitted and the bottom hole will allow this outrunner mount to be used and still have the propeller shaft in the same position.

Ken
kensp is offline Find More Posts by kensp
Last edited by kensp; Apr 21, 2006 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Change text for clarity
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 21, 2006, 04:38 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kensp
All the foam GWS aeroplanes, except the Formosa II, have two holes for the stick. The top hole is used when an EPS gearbox is fitted and the bottom hole will allow this outrunner mount to be used and still have the propeller shaft in the same position.

Ken
Ken, The GWS planes I have are not consistent with a lower stick slot location (Formosa1, PT-17, E-starter, and TM400). E.g. My Formosa 1 slot worked very well for my outrunner in a GWS 400 gearframe mount, but to use this same mount I had to move the lower slot down about 1/4 in. on the E-starter, and the TM400 didn't have any lower stick slot at all... I had to construct one. Here's some pics:
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Apr 21, 2006, 05:40 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAY GWS
Hi Chris,

notch -- for the screws.

the tabs -- Cable recess or cable guide or cable aperture (helped by Roger Lombard)
--- Let the wire to go through, I think if you do not need. it is very easy for you to remove it.
Ray,

What is the Inside Diameter of the circular plastic part? It will have to be big enough not to interfere with the rotating portion of an outrunner obviously if mounted from behind like in the pictures of the simple mods I have been doing to your 400 size gear frame below for outrunner use. Will your new mount work with 22-23mm OD motors like this??

Regarding the slot for the securement screw, it looks to me if the screw is used on the bottom of the stick instead of the front end, the mount could come loose and pull off if the screw did not clamp firmly on the mount. Am I looking at that correctly? If so, a simple hole would be much better... doesn't require any clamping action from the screw to stay in place.

What will be the cost of this part here in the US? Maybe the 400 gearframe will remain my choice (I hope you keep making those, even if you abandon the 400 moros at some point)
Last edited by Tom Frank; Apr 21, 2006 at 05:47 PM. Reason: slot comment
Old Apr 21, 2006, 06:07 PM
Darwin Australia
Joined May 2002
6,960 Posts
Tom

You have shown that the lower stick holes are not all in the same alignment. I hope then that GWS will make an outrunner mount to enable the use of the same hole as the EPS Gearbox. I have designed such a mount so GWS should be able to do so also. The only problem is that the rotor must be at the front of the motor.

Ken
Last edited by kensp; Apr 21, 2006 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Add text for clarity
Old Apr 21, 2006, 06:58 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kensp
Tom

You have shown that the lower stick holes are not all in the same alignment. I hope then that GWS will make an outrunner mount to enable the use of the same hole as the EPS Gearbox. I have designed such a mount so GWS should be able to do so also. The only problem is that the rotor must be at the front of the motor.

Ken
Ken,
Can you get this E-fliite mount in your locale? It certainly does the job for me.

My hope would be that GWS would standardize on the lower stick location if nothing else so we wouldn't have to come up with a different solution on their various planes. Modifying the foam is easy enough, but getting the right side and down thrust takes a lot more effort than having it cast into foam from the get-go.
Old Apr 21, 2006, 07:31 PM
Darwin Australia
Joined May 2002
6,960 Posts
Tom

The E-flite mount is not available in my area of Australia. To get one from Horizon, or anywhere in the USA, would cost me $4.99 + $8.00 postage. I can make the one of my own design in about 1/2 an hour and spend $0.25 for materials.

Ken

Edit:- One of the reasons I like GWS products is that they are available World Wide. This means that even if I cannot get a GWS product in Australia I can get it fron a country like Japan that has a low international postage rates.
Last edited by kensp; Apr 21, 2006 at 10:20 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Apr 21, 2006, 10:05 PM
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,697 Posts
Hi Ken,

Thank you for your words and supports. I've pushed my colleagues to ship early birds' order on 2208/18, new ESC and
programming card earlier.

Hi Tom,

Brushless motors could be either front or rear mounted on this
new mount. Would you take another look at photos of it which were posted by Ray earlier, there are four longer holes stood inside of circle for fitting screws. I'd believe that it fits 22-23mm outrunners.
GWS EPS400C has been used well on lots of GWS airplanes. I do
not see any reason to abandon 400 gearframe. There are still lots of people would like to have brushed motors.

Chen
GWS CHEN is offline Find More Posts by GWS CHEN
Last edited by GWS CHEN; Apr 22, 2006 at 09:38 AM.
Old Apr 22, 2006, 12:48 PM
Joined Jul 2004
1,537 Posts
Dear All,

I will post more info later on... waiting info from GWS China.

Also thank you for your feedback.

I am very sure we will make more BL MTR Mounts. I will also pass your suggestion to our RD.

Thank you very much.

Ray
RAY GWS is offline Find More Posts by RAY GWS
Old Apr 23, 2006, 07:06 PM
Joined Jul 2004
1,537 Posts
Update Info -- size of the BL MTR Mount

Dear Friends and Customers,

After the release of GWS Brushless Motor, many of you have been asking and longing for this motor mount. Here we have the fresh new product for you. It will not take too much time to be ready to ship them out. I am sure you will like this Brushless Motor Mount. Flyers can mount GWS Brushless Motor 2205, 2208, 2212 Motors on this Brushless Motor Mount. We are ready to take order now. Please place your order now. Ready to ship in the beginning of May 2006.

Item Description: Brushless Motor Mount 28mm

Item Number: GWEMM28T

l Mount motor on the front or back

l With wire recess on each side

l Maximum Diameter: 28mm

l Design for stick mount 10x10mm

l Easy On & Easy Off

We welcome you to contact us. We will try to keep you updated about GWS product and information. If you are interested in this new product, please contact your GWS sales representatives or email to export@gws.com.tw.

Ray
Last edited by RAY GWS; Apr 30, 2006 at 11:32 AM.
Old Apr 24, 2006, 04:20 AM
Joined Jul 2004
1,537 Posts
**** Brushless Motor Mount****

Dear all,

Update some photos
Old Apr 28, 2006, 06:26 AM
Houng-wen Lin
Shijr, Taiwan. DungGwan, China. City of Industry, California.
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
BL motor mount test shoot last week. Should be on the production next week.

The MSRP in USA will be 2pcs for $2.00; 6pcs for $5.00.

We also supply this mount to kits maker in bulk pack for 50pcs, 100pcs per pack.
GWS4CEO is offline Find More Posts by GWS4CEO
Old Apr 28, 2006, 06:28 AM
Houng-wen Lin
Shijr, Taiwan. DungGwan, China. City of Industry, California.
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
Slow-Stick kits on the way to world wide GWS net work again!

Today, GWS China had shipped 3 40 feet containers before the long vocation start.

The long waited orginal Slow-Stick kits on the way to world wide GWS net work again!
GWS4CEO is offline Find More Posts by GWS4CEO
Old May 03, 2006, 10:25 AM
Joined Jul 2004
1,537 Posts
This BL Motor Mount will be available at RCX show with limited Qty.

My boss will carry some over.

Very limited Qty.

Ray
Old May 03, 2006, 12:47 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAY GWS
This BL Motor Mount will be available at RCX show with limited Qty.

My boss will carry some over.

Very limited Qty.

Ray
Ray, I'm really pleased to see GWS offering this new mount. Can you tell us how far from the stick the centerline of the motor will be with this mount?

I'm curious how this new mount will match up with the method (shown below) of mounting an outrunner in one of your 400 gearframes. Until such time that GWS changes the molds to create a lower slot in all their planes to accomodate this new mount, we are left to hack them in, and the existing lower slot locations are not consistant relative to the upper slots, and in some planes (e.g. TM400), there is no lower slot at all.

I'd REALLY like to see GWS change their planes to use their own mounts without forcing the use to figure it out. Is anything being done in this regard?
Old May 03, 2006, 10:40 PM
Joined Jul 2004
1,537 Posts
Hi Tom,

Please check the photos.

Let me know if you need more info.

Ray

*** This photo is only to mark the lenght for New GWS BL Mtr Mount****

*** Not for the actually lenght of the EPS400 motor mount ***