HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Michael Heer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 12, 2005, 10:48 AM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,251 Posts
Discussion
New GWS Announcement/Tracking thread

At the suggestion of an Ezone member I am creating this new sticky thread for GWS to announce when new planes are in production, being shipped or have arrived and are being distributed in the US or any place else they want to announce. After seeing about 50 different posts asking when the Formosa II will be available of the P-40. It was suggested that having one main place right in the front of the site where people could look could cut down on a lot of threads asking the same question. This will only be helpful if GWS uses this thread and people don't fill it with lots of posts asking the same question. Now that the China plant has employees and are training them to produce kits we will hopefully hear about some of these projects progressing. Moderator Mike
Michael Heer is offline Find More Posts by Michael Heer
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 14, 2005, 02:55 AM
Darwin Australia
Joined May 2002
6,960 Posts
Micheal
This is a great idea. I am expecting that the first new products from the China Factory will be appearing in the next couple of weeks. Then I think that we will have a flood of new GWS Products.

Ken
kensp is offline Find More Posts by kensp
Old Apr 15, 2005, 07:07 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,251 Posts
In response to some e-mails here are some items that are under development or awaiting manufacture. I do not know where they stand in the time line of future availability but hopefully news will be posted here as it becomes available. In no particular order these are the items that we are waiting for that I have heard about.
a) Two new three in one mixing boards for the 150 and 300 Mini Dragonfly helicopters, b) The Formosa II, c) The P-40 Warbird, d) New redesigned 3D Formosa, e) New redesigned 3D warbirds, New RTF trainer with radio all in one kit, f) GWS brushless motors and controllers. g) ??????
I know we are looking forward to these new items and word on how they are progressing and when they will be available. Mike
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 18, 2005, 01:00 PM
Random Flier
Oxford (UK) and Mtn View CA (USA)
Joined Nov 2002
1,374 Posts
There seems to be the following process in place at GWS, any of which could be deemed an "announcement", but I suspect most of us will be interested in 4-6:
1. divulging of product info on this forum
2. product R&D
3. adverts
4. production
5. availability at US LHS
6. availability in EU / other LHS [optional]

At stage 3: I've seen an ad for an FW190, and the (ho hum) profile "3D warbirds"
At stage 1: I recall the Airliner (aka 747) and Slow Stick with fuselage being "mentioned", with early prototypes.

I guess we should add links to these to the relevant messages on the forum...
isvana is offline Find More Posts by isvana
Old Apr 21, 2005, 09:56 PM
Joined Jul 2004
1,537 Posts
Thank you very much.

Ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Heer
At the suggestion of an Ezone member I am creating this new sticky thread for GWS to announce when new planes are in production, being shipped or have arrived and are being distributed in the US or any place else they want to announce. After seeing about 50 different posts asking when the Formosa II will be available of the P-40. It was suggested that having one main place right in the front of the site where people could look could cut down on a lot of threads asking the same question. This will only be helpful if GWS uses this thread and people don't fill it with lots of posts asking the same question. Now that the China plant has employees and are training them to produce kits we will hopefully hear about some of these projects progressing. Moderator Mike
RAY GWS is offline Find More Posts by RAY GWS
Old Apr 21, 2005, 10:27 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Shijr, Taiwan. DungGwan, China. City of Industry, California.
Joined Sep 2001
19,443 Posts
The first lot production of PHA300 should be shipped before my birth day May 31st.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...22#post3634600

I just tested GWS Dragonfly 300H version with 1300mAh Li-po packs by using new PHA this morning.

Continiously for 2 of 15 minites flights, plus another 3rd flight for 10 minites.

Every thing looks fine.

Will keep trying....

She flew nicely!

The first lot production should be shipped before my birth day May 31st.
GWS4CEO is offline Find More Posts by GWS4CEO
Last edited by GWS4CEO; Apr 21, 2005 at 10:42 PM.
Old Apr 25, 2005, 12:49 AM
Joined Jul 2004
1,537 Posts
GWS New Product Brand New PHA-300

Hello Mini Dragonfly Fanatics,

GWS has a brand new product for Helicopter: PHA-300. The retail price is USD$85.00. PHA-300 will be available to at the end of May 2005. It will take sometime to reach GWS USA. This is a brand new 3 in one mixerboard with brand new design for helicopter.

Good News for current GWS flyers who own a GWS Dragonfly with PHA-01: Here is a chance for you to upgrade to a brand new PHA-300. This program will end on Aug. 31st, 2005. Flyers please contact us before the end of Aug. 2005.

How to upgrade your PHA-01:

1. Mail your PHA-01 (Still in good working condition, if your PHA-01 has been damaged, an additional re-condition & service fee may be applied.)
2. Download GWS User Data Form (from www.gws.com.tw). Print and mail together with your PHA-01 unit(s).
3. For each piece of PHA-01, pay US$35.00 difference for replacement of PHA-300 and handling. (Please download or contact GWS HQ* or GWS USA* for credit card authorization form.)

*For Flyers in the USA, please contact and mail to GWS USA.
GWS USA
138 South Brent Circle
City of Industry, CA 91789-3050
Richard@gws.com.tw
Tel: 909-594-4979
Fax: 909-594-8051

*For flyers outside the USA, please contact and mail to GWS HQ in Taiwan.
Grand Wing Servo-Tech Co., Ltd.
153, SEC. 2, DATUNG RD.
SHIJR CITY, TAIPEI 221
TAIWAN, R.O.C.
service@gws.com.tw
TEL : 886-2-86926255
FAX : 886-2-86926842
Old Apr 25, 2005, 02:36 AM
Joined Jul 2004
1,537 Posts
Info on GWS home page -- with forms to download.

http://www.gws.com.tw/english/news/20050425.htm
Old Apr 25, 2005, 01:22 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,251 Posts
If you have questions or issues with an announcement please send an e-mail, a PM or start a new thread with the question for discussion. I split off as a new thread the first two questions raised from Ray's announcement. Please look for the thread on Questions from the PHD-300 Announcement if you want to discuss anything to do with that announcement. Please leave this sticky thread for announcement only! Thanks! Moderator Mike
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 28, 2005, 02:53 AM
Houng-wen Lin
Joined Sep 2001
19,443 Posts
The replacement program be available from GWS USA and GWS HQ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by assib
...Will the replacement program be available via the distributors as well?
The replacement program be available from GWS USA and GWS HQ to save time and shipping cost.

We do not wish this replacement program create more trouble of handling and postage cost.

Since limited qty for first lot of PHA300 production, pls contact GWS USA or GWS HQ as your first convenience.
Old May 03, 2005, 03:08 AM
Houng-wen Lin
Joined Sep 2001
19,443 Posts
GWS New Mini Dragonfly Main rotor

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366222
Old May 03, 2005, 03:18 AM
Houng-wen Lin
Joined Sep 2001
19,443 Posts
GWS New Mini Dragonfly Main rotor

Ols check: GWS New Mini Dragonfly Main rotor
The professional version new rotor is a great choice for EM300H flyer!
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366222
Old May 04, 2005, 09:18 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Joined Sep 2001
19,443 Posts
GWS will demo fly PHA300 with GWS Dragonfly in RCX

During the RCX show, we will demo fly PHA300 with GWS Dragonfly.
Old May 08, 2005, 10:36 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Joined Sep 2001
19,443 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWS4CEO
During the RCX show, we will demo fly PHA300 with GWS Dragonfly.
I will also bring a few pcs samples of PHA300 for Ezone moderators who always come to help GWS during the show.

Mike, Fred, Jarhead... will get one to demo as well.
Old May 18, 2005, 08:06 AM
Houng-wen Lin
Joined Sep 2001
19,443 Posts
See you guys at RCX show soon!

I am at the airport VIP lounge waiting my flight to LAX with Mr. Steve Lo.

See you guys at RCX show soon!