New look transmitter and seems better than old CP
anyone have more comment on it?
helilover is offline Find More Posts by helilover
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 12, 2005, 06:09 AM
that's normal...i think
Joined Feb 2005
609 Posts
wow. well i have the old honey bee 2. for this one i can say that they definetly re-designed the transmitter. But, we need to figure out what the LCD display can display. Only battery info or flight modes, etc.? As for the helicopter, it looks like they just put on a new canpoy and a tail fin. Oh yeah, and the re-designed head looks better and probably feels better too
rohan is offline Find More Posts by rohan
Old Apr 12, 2005, 07:12 AM
NC
Joined May 2001
127 Posts
Wow, new head design and even looks like a freewheel unit on it. I wonder if we can just upgrade our old one with the new head parts? Looks like the lcd on the transmitter is just for the battery voltage level.
gns30 is offline Find More Posts by gns30
Old Apr 12, 2005, 07:17 AM
Joined Sep 2004
114 Posts
Hmm.. Tx with a Spectra module... not bad
Shard is offline Find More Posts by Shard
Old Apr 12, 2005, 10:02 AM
Crash=change of flying medium
Boulder, CO
Joined May 2002
1,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shard
Hmm.. Tx with a Spectra module... not bad
Why have you decided that the frequency module is Spectra-like, i.e. that you can switch channels by dialing the channel number?
From the picture (too bad it isn't larger) it looks like it's a fixed frequency module with what looks like a crystal on top (the green sticker).

Does anyone know if any additional information for this transmitter is available on-line?
bluesky123 is offline Find More Posts by bluesky123
Old Apr 13, 2005, 10:04 AM
Joined Dec 2004
75 Posts
Here are a couple of pages from the HoneyBee CP2 manual I found at:
http://www.esky-sz.com/english/
Website was slow.
KidNovak is offline Find More Posts by KidNovak
Last edited by KidNovak; Apr 13, 2005 at 10:35 AM.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 01:40 PM
Boulder, CO
Joined May 2002
1,355 Posts
> Website was slow.
To say that it's slow would be a gross understatement!

But that's only a little problem--the big problem is the quality of the manual. Only a complete idiot would write such a stupid manual! WTF is on page 6??? And who, in his/her clear mind would store a manual in the form of low resolution bitmaps? I'm not talking of the language...

Any way, the "new" version of the transmitter only seem to have an updated voltage indicator (LCD instead of a row of LEDs) and removable RF block. CCPM mix still cannot be disabled to use this transmitter with regular simulator interfaces.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 02:13 PM
Joined Sep 2004
114 Posts
bluesky123: If I'm not mistaken a Spectra module is nothing but a frequency modulator.. i.e. Channel 11 (72.010MHz) through Channel 60 (72.990Mhz). Which would mean that this radio does have a functionality of switching channels without changing the crystal. But as you said the picture is a bit small so can't say for sure.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 02:17 PM
Joined Sep 2004
114 Posts
OOppss.. I see what you're saying. This frequency modulator switches between world frequencies (35, 36, 72Mhz..etc). More of a selling gimmic if you ask me..
Old Apr 13, 2005, 02:57 PM
Boulder, CO
Joined May 2002
1,355 Posts
Shard,

This whole transmitter is a gimmic! They call a 4-channel transmitter with CCPM mix as "Channel Six" only because it transmits one of the slave channels as the 6th pulse in the PPM frame (the 5th pulse is not used). Following this logic, Multiplex should have called all their old Europa models as 6-channel transmitters as they duplicated the throttle channel in 5th and 6th pulses (to identically drive 3 servos in 6-ch receiver).

Regarding "Spectra" term.
AFAIK, "Spectra" is a trade mark of Hitec used for syntethised frequency module, which allows you to dial two digits of a channel number to switch to any channel in the frequency band of this module. Futaba recently introduced a similar syntethised module, while it was selling fixed frequency blocks for many-many years (I've seen old Gold-series Futaba transmitters with such RF blocks).

The frequency block in this ESky transmitter seems to be of fixed type with a regular Xtal sticking out of it. The only reason to introduce such a module (besides marketing hype) is to change the frequency band between 72MHz, 50MHz, etc.