HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 12, 2005, 01:40 AM
That tree again!!!!
Germantown, MD, US
Joined Sep 2004
6,642 Posts
Hyperion BL motor & Hyperion ESC for shogun question

I just got a pair of 20A Hyperion BL ESC and a 3000KV Hyperion BL motor.

The impression is the motor is smaller (shorter than my current Himax 4200)
I do some calculation and see if I run 10 tooth pinion it will give me the wanted head speed (1700rpm - 2000 rpm). The ESC does not produce loud tone like the CC25 hooking to Himax (yes, the tone is from the motor)

The motor when running idle is too warm to touch, after running for more than a minute, I can't hold it in my finger because it's too warm.. Holding the motor I feel the heat goes up real quick. Is it normal? would it be good to run with my shogun?

Thanks

Thanh
thanhTran is offline Find More Posts by thanhTran
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 12, 2005, 02:17 AM
Renewed interest
Melbourne , Australia
Joined Jun 2002
8,950 Posts
I didnt think hyperion had a motor capable of the trex. they all look too small. the speedy on the other hand should be sweet. i am using one in a 3dpro and it is nice.
ozace is offline Find More Posts by ozace
Old Apr 12, 2005, 02:41 AM
Our Daddy and Heli Junkie
In Heli Wonderland
Joined Aug 1999
22,803 Posts
Running it on the ground and at low speed will jsut heat it all up too. BL motors are very ineffecient when run at low RPMs.
Fred Bronk is offline Find More Posts by Fred Bronk
Old Apr 12, 2005, 03:11 AM
Renewed interest
Melbourne , Australia
Joined Jun 2002
8,950 Posts
looks like the 3000kv hyperion motor is a speed 300 replacement motor much like the himax 2015 series. These are too small for the rex. The hyperion that may work is the long version of the motor which have kv 3400 and 3900 that are in the right range.
Old Apr 12, 2005, 05:31 AM
That tree again!!!!
Germantown, MD, US
Joined Sep 2004
6,642 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozace
I didnt think hyperion had a motor capable of the trex. they all look too small. the speedy on the other hand should be sweet. i am using one in a 3dpro and it is nice.
Thanks Ozace, which motor are you using? The Hyperion I got has screws for both speed 300 and 400 mounting. Right, it seems too small. Pity that I got a bad crash yesterday, flying at full speed into a tree. I thought I was behind that tree . Now I can't try that motor out until I got all parts to fix the whole thing...

Thanks

Thanh
Old Apr 12, 2005, 05:32 AM
That tree again!!!!
Germantown, MD, US
Joined Sep 2004
6,642 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Bronk
Running it on the ground and at low speed will jsut heat it all up too. BL motors are very ineffecient when run at low RPMs.

Thanks Fred,
How come the speed of the motor when running ilde (max throttle) is low and inefficient?

Thanh
Old Apr 12, 2005, 05:51 AM
Renewed interest
Melbourne , Australia
Joined Jun 2002
8,950 Posts
I have a mixture of motors. at the moment i have an align LF 3300 motor in and it seems quite good for the price. One has still got the LF 2800 align and a stretch kit. enough go for me. the nue motor is nice, i have tried a faigao 2500 kv motor as well.
i just cant bring myself to stick a big motor in the rex (multiplex or mega) i feel like the heli gets more benifit from being as light as possible.
Old Apr 12, 2005, 06:53 PM
That tree again!!!!
Germantown, MD, US
Joined Sep 2004
6,642 Posts
Thanks Ozace. Does the Align motor get hot after flying your TREX? I don't like the heat from my himax 4200 when running on my Shogun.
Thanh
Old Apr 12, 2005, 07:02 PM
Renewed interest
Melbourne , Australia
Joined Jun 2002
8,950 Posts
yep they get hot, but i dont worry, the motors are cheap and when they go i will just replace it.
Old Apr 12, 2005, 07:45 PM
That tree again!!!!
Germantown, MD, US
Joined Sep 2004
6,642 Posts
ic, I'm not really woried about it being fried Just want it to be more efficient so less heat.

Thanh
Old Apr 12, 2005, 07:47 PM
Renewed interest
Melbourne , Australia
Joined Jun 2002
8,950 Posts
for efficient operation the nuemotor wins so far.