Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 10, 2005, 11:55 AM
Denver, CO
Joined Jan 2005
545 Posts
Don't you hate it when you work 3 solid days building your first glow plane

And when the planned maiden day arrives you get 2 feet of sloppy wet snow? In APRIL!!!? Especially when all three building days were sunny, 65 degrees and beautiful.. I sure do. Grrrr...

I guess I'll just recheck the throws, clean up the radio compartment again and work on some flapperon programming. I really need to do more engine break-in, but I can't even get outside my door.

Greetings from snowed in Denver!
tridim is offline Find More Posts by tridim
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 10, 2005, 01:37 PM
don't think.. just fly!!!
Littleton, Colorado
Joined Apr 2004
554 Posts
lol... i live in denver too and i was looking forward for today to go flying, first thing i noticed was the snow!!! it was everywhere!!!, now i have to stay home... at least i can fly my sim, that's COLORADO! the weather changes so fast you won't know what hit you!

PS. where do you fly? i fly at CHATFIELD LAKE and on channel 55 i will be out there next SAT and SUN, if you fly there come by and say hi
xoon is offline Find More Posts by xoon
Old Apr 10, 2005, 02:10 PM
Denver, CO
Joined Jan 2005
545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoon
PS. where do you fly? i fly at CHATFIELD LAKE and on channel 55 i will be out there next SAT and SUN, if you fly there come by and say hi
I usually fly at the local park (Bible park) or the old Lowrey AF base sports complex. I'm certainly going to have to find some new places to fly my glow beast. I'm AMA-less as of now, so that'll limit my choices.

Is there an AMA field at Chatfield? I've only seen the Arvada and Aurora fields. I liked the layout and setting of the Arvada field, but I've heard there are bad RF interference problems there.
Old Apr 10, 2005, 02:39 PM
Littleton, Colorado
Joined Apr 2004
554 Posts
you don't have to be an AMA member to fly at CHATFIELD.. but you have to be na AMA to be in the club
Old Apr 10, 2005, 03:08 PM
USA, MI, Harrison Township
Joined Sep 2000
3,776 Posts
A whole 3 days? I don't think I got done cutting out the pieces of my current plane in 3 days. Try 3 months normally. What is annoying right now is working on a plane since September and not being quite finished yet since both days this weekend have been good weather.
RyanPSU21 is offline Find More Posts by RyanPSU21
Old Apr 10, 2005, 04:06 PM
Denver, CO
Joined Jan 2005
545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanPSU21
A whole 3 days? I don't think I got done cutting out the pieces of my current plane in 3 days. Try 3 months normally. What is annoying right now is working on a plane since September and not being quite finished yet since both days this weekend have been good weather.
Well, I was kind of forced into an ARF situation this time. Although put my last laser cut kit together in 2 evenings. I guess what I'm getting at is that I put in about 30 hours in 3 days so I could fly by this Sunday. It just ain't gonna happen, even though the plane is ready to go.
Old Apr 10, 2005, 05:14 PM
Littleton, Colorado
Joined Apr 2004
554 Posts
hey, if you're going to fly a GLOW, go to CHATFIELD lake and fly there... it's great, paved runway, great scenery everything a flyer would ask for
Old Apr 10, 2005, 05:55 PM
USA, MI, Harrison Township
Joined Sep 2000
3,776 Posts
Paved runways aren't that great. Just means more damage the plane if your landing isn't perfect. Unless I was flying ducted fans or something that really truly needed if I'd always choose grass.
RyanPSU21 is offline Find More Posts by RyanPSU21
Old Apr 10, 2005, 06:09 PM
Denver, CO
Joined Jan 2005
545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanPSU21
Paved runways aren't that great. Just means more damage the plane if your landing isn't perfect. Unless I was flying ducted fans or something that really truly needed if I'd always choose grass.
My favorite landing surface is infield dirt or cropped soccer field grass. I've only landed on pavement a few times. The thing I don't like about runways is the inevitable cross wind and the fact that I have to land while observing from the side. No big deal, I'll just have to learn a new skill.
Old Apr 10, 2005, 06:24 PM
Littleton, Colorado
Joined Apr 2004
554 Posts
pave runway is great... great take off... but landing is kinda different, missed the runway got to go over and redo it. well if you're gonna fly glow that's what you got to learn.

if you going to go fly there let me know... i'll help you around

PS. i'm only a 15 year old kid
Old Apr 10, 2005, 06:35 PM
Denver, CO
Joined Jan 2005
545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoon
pave runway is great... great take off... but landing is kinda different, missed the runway got to go over and redo it. well if you're gonna fly glow that's what you got to learn.

if you going to go fly there let me know... i'll help you around

PS. i'm only a 15 year old kid
Cool.. I'll try to make it out next weekend. It's kind of a long drive with gas prices as high as they are. If you see a glow newbie out there with a new H9 Twist and a Saito 72, that's me.
Old Apr 10, 2005, 09:05 PM
Canucklehead
GTA, Ontario, Canada
Joined Apr 2004
827 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tridim
And when the planned maiden day arrives you get 2 feet of sloppy wet snow? In APRIL!!!? Especially when all three building days were sunny, 65 degrees and beautiful.. I sure do. Grrrr...

I guess I'll just recheck the throws, clean up the radio compartment again and work on some flapperon programming. I really need to do more engine break-in, but I can't even get outside my door.

Greetings from snowed in Denver!
Snowed here in Ontario last week which is unusual but has been known to happen.

I'm kinda in the same boat as you. Sunny weather today. 18c, nice light wind. Great day for flying. Only problem, my old TX broke and my new one hasn't arrived yet. Oh well, always next weekend.
orenda635 is offline Find More Posts by orenda635