Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by raptor22, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 10, 2005, 12:18 AM
Striving to Rip the Bring
San Diego, socal, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, the Orion arm, Milky way, Universe
Joined Apr 2003
6,320 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
For Sale
Basically RTF VERY UNIQUE...r/c ultralight

About 5-6 months ago a neghbor of mine who also flies r/c was moving and couldn't take most of his r/c airplanes with him.

He gave me this ultralight I had always thought was cool.

I don't have any pics, but it's .40 size with a nearly 100% carbon frame (very crash durable) that has wire "ribs" to hold airfoil shapes you can reshape in a crash. it is covered in ripstop nylon which needs a bit of repair from old age. He tells me it is very slow and stable (like a real ultralight), but get squirrely in much wind at all. it has a tricycle gear.

It comes with everything he originally had installed. I think he said the radio gear is futaba standard stuff, but its not accessible without cutting some tape and I'd like to leave it just as I got it. it includes a full range rx, two servos, a padded 4 cell pack, a tank, a OS .40LA engine with muffler, and the other bits and peices needed to get an airplane running.

I have been planning to fly it for awhile, but just don't have access to the equipment and such needed to run a glow engine; I am an electric only modeller at the moment.

It hasn't been run or anything in about a year, and I know pretty much nothing about nitro engines, so I have not tested any of it. But it worked perfectly last time it was used (not a single issue), so I can only assume it still works great. The engine may need tuning or whatever an engine needs after sitting around a long time.

I am asking $129,OBO+sh

--Alex
raptor22 is offline Find More Posts by raptor22
Last edited by raptor22; Jun 22, 2005 at 01:40 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 10, 2005, 01:19 AM
Joined Apr 2004
4 Posts
could you please send me a picture? focus242@yahoo.com
thanks
f242 is offline Find More Posts by f242
Old Apr 10, 2005, 01:21 AM
San Diego, socal, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, the Orion arm, Milky way, Universe
Joined Apr 2003
6,320 Posts
I can't; don't have a digital camera. I could borrow my teacher's monday, but i don't have one now.
Old Apr 10, 2005, 08:39 PM
Joined Apr 2003
6,320 Posts
bumpetty
Old Apr 10, 2005, 08:51 PM
Zebulon, NC
Joined Aug 2000
5,086 Posts
Trader Rating: 574
I would be interested too but would need to see a picture of it.
Steve H. is offline Find More Posts by Steve H.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 10, 2005, 09:00 PM
Joined Apr 2003
6,320 Posts
I see. I'll see if my teacher will let me borrow a camera tomorrah.
Old Apr 11, 2005, 10:13 PM
Joined Apr 2003
6,320 Posts
Pics.

Here are some. two of the plane, and the damage I was speaking about as far as tearing. it is restricted to that one wing.
Old Jun 22, 2005, 01:39 AM
Joined Apr 2003
6,320 Posts
Was clearing some things out today and forgot I never sold it.

Who wants it for $129+sh

That's a steal for a RTF plane outfitted with an OS

--Alex
Closed Thread