HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 02, 2002, 04:15 AM
Polk County, Georgia
Joined Dec 2001
10 Posts
Good Plane Under $250

I been here before but said I was getting a plane but lost interest in getting it. Well I think I want a plane now lol. IM thinking of a T52, maybe SS Pro, Maybe Push-E Cat, Maybe XL Pro, Maybe someone suggest another? I want something that a newbie flyer can fly and can stand up to newbie punishment. Any help or comments will be GREATELY appreciated.

I would kinda like one prebuilt but I am a long line model car and R/C car builder so I dont mind building.
Chris18 is offline Find More Posts by Chris18
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 02, 2002, 07:02 AM
Rehab is for quitters
West Middlesex, PA, US
Joined Jun 2001
4,853 Posts
A scooter will be up and flight ready in 15 minutes. But, not as durable as a T-52. T-52 will take a few hours of building time.
Also, scooter comes with everything ala rx, tx, esc, battery etc.
T-52 will need all of these things to fly. Examples of some parts...
20 amp esc is around $35, Cirrus 4 channel rx is $20 at hobby people, HS-81 servos at servocity is $17.95 a piece etc.

Dave...
LuckyArmpit is offline Find More Posts by LuckyArmpit
Old Apr 02, 2002, 07:20 AM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
You may want to read this thread before you decide.

A push-e-cat, with it's EPP construction, and prop mounted up behind the wing, is probably the best choice..
..a
Andy W is offline Find More Posts by Andy W
Old Apr 02, 2002, 04:06 PM
Polk County, Georgia
Joined Dec 2001
10 Posts
Hey thanks for the replys and info. I think im gonna stick and get a Push-E Cat. Looks good and from what I read good durable plane. I will post back when I purchase it.
Chris18 is offline Find More Posts by Chris18
Old Apr 02, 2002, 04:38 PM
Simian Member
Minneapolis, USA
Joined Oct 2001
245 Posts
I suggest you don't go cheap on your transmitter. I started with a three channel tranny that was pretty cheap. As soon as I went to an aileron plane I had to fork over more money for a better tranny and the old one is collecting dust. Your first planes should be cheap and disposable but not your tranny - that'll stay with you much longer than your first few planes.
HardLander is offline Find More Posts by HardLander
Old Apr 02, 2002, 06:44 PM
BANNED!!!
Laurel, MD
Joined May 2001
12,688 Posts
As far as getting a cheap transmitter, look in the for sale wanted section. There are always good deals there. I got my focus 4x for about $50 and then sold it later for the same price to help someone else out.

Jay
soholingo is offline Find More Posts by soholingo
Old Apr 08, 2002, 12:19 PM
MA
Joined Sep 2001
248 Posts
Soarstar with Quattro from Horizon...

Probably the best deal you can find is the Soarstar with Quattro Lite setup from Horizon Hobby. Cost me right under $250 shipped, and except for epoxy and packing tape, came with everything needed to get the plane airborne...

Forgot to add that the JLine Quattro lite is JR's equivalent of the Futaba SkySport 4, a basic 4 channel TX which can get you to your next model (mine was a glow Avistar) cheaply (with the aid of a Hitec Flight Pack from ServoCity).
f2racer is offline Find More Posts by f2racer