Curse you Red Baron!
North & East of Sacramento California
Joined Apr 2004
567 Posts
Yippee!
Multiplex Easy Star Thread #18, Voted By Owners To Be The Best Airplane Ever

Hello And Welcome To Thread 18.

You may ask how can this be the Best Airplane Ever

If you do not have one, get one and you will see.

Here is the link to part 17, Easy Star thread #17, the biggest trilogy ever!
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=345376

This forum is for those who love there Easy Star (EZ) and have made many modifications to it.

From time to time you will see other "off topic" items come up. That is because this forum has become like a large family.

So come and join in on the fun.

Welcome to the family, the family of EZ owners.

Brandie
Grassy Knoll is offline Find More Posts by Grassy Knoll
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 07, 2005, 11:54 PM
Curse you Red Baron!
North & East of Sacramento California
Joined Apr 2004
567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by park-n-fly
Brandie,

How about this for the title of the next thread?

EasyStar...the thread that just won't go away!
Hey Park-n-Fly: Sorry I didn't notice sooner.

Brandie
Grassy Knoll is offline Find More Posts by Grassy Knoll
Old Apr 08, 2005, 08:14 AM
Australia, NSW, Katoomba
Joined May 2002
5,430 Posts
PADDY logging in.

I just don't want to end up two pages behind like before!!!

Cheers. The Irishman.
oldpilot is offline Find More Posts by oldpilot
Old Apr 08, 2005, 09:59 AM
better than park-n-work
California
Joined Jan 2005
564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassy Knoll
Hey Park-n-Fly: Sorry I didn't notice sooner.

Brandie
No problem, Brandie. It wasn't such a good idea, anyhow.
park-n-fly is offline Find More Posts by park-n-fly
Old Apr 08, 2005, 10:12 AM
fly more...build less
Calgary AB
Joined Mar 2005
153 Posts
I have an example of what a good trainer the easystar is. I was flying and noticed the motor was cutting out every once in a while for about a 1/2 a second at a time and it wasn't responding very well to my control. I decided to land to check it out. I found that the "trainer" switch on my transmitter was sticky and was pushed a bit to the side. This would normally allow a student to fly the plane instead of me... if there was a second transmitter plugged into mine and a student controlling it. So even though there was nobody controlling the plane for some of the flight I was able to land it without any damage. I just have to lubricate that switch so that the spring can keep it defaulted away from the trainer setting and don't have to repair an airplane. I hear it is easy to repair but can wait to find out.
flossandfly is offline Find More Posts by flossandfly
Old Apr 08, 2005, 10:16 AM
depron_dad
Melsele, Belgium
Joined Mar 2005
133 Posts
Flight report

Flew the EZ* in winds of 8-10 meter/sec (force5)
Climbs is spectacular, goes up like an elevator, flew using our 8cell 9.6V packs as they add a bit of weight stabilising the EZ a bit.

Was WOT when I turned downwind, dropped 5 meter in height but a what speed did it fly! picked up so much speed turning into the wind I had to apply downforce to keep it going level.

Most landings very slow, I slightly harder, drifting off the wind, it didnt want to land and I nosed her down. EZ wouldn't quit flying.

Kid scared of flying in too much wind, he's cautious, not bad to know ones limits.

DeeCee.
deecee is offline Find More Posts by deecee
Old Apr 08, 2005, 10:37 AM
this space available
Atlanta, GA
Joined Dec 2004
418 Posts
Ez Links

Detract's Easy Star fan page - http://www.mpx-easystar.de/
Dtract's links to previous threads - http://www.detract-online.de/mpx-easystar.de/forum/

Tyber's Easy Star fan page with annotated build - http://www.tyber.com/easystar/

Pat Plawner"s Easy Star review - http://plawner.net/4/easystar/easystar.html
Electron & Bungymania What Is A Good First Plane - http://plawner.net/3/1st_plane/

Joe
Joe_Atlanta is offline Find More Posts by Joe_Atlanta
Old Apr 08, 2005, 07:13 PM
No place like cloud base!
Joined Jan 2005
307 Posts
Good idea posting the links Joe! Thanks!!

Mike
cheymike is offline Find More Posts by cheymike
Old Apr 09, 2005, 12:09 AM
better than park-n-work
California
Joined Jan 2005
564 Posts
Hellooooo...is anyone out there?

The EasyStar crew must be sound asleep...this thread is all the way on page 2 of the foamies list.
park-n-fly is offline Find More Posts by park-n-fly
Old Apr 09, 2005, 12:14 AM
The Original Slacker
Bristol, TN
Joined Apr 2005
768 Posts
yeah, many are on east coast time...

Left coast represent!

-Dave
Pezzer is offline Find More Posts by Pezzer
Old Apr 09, 2005, 02:32 AM
groundlooped
sydney nsw australia
Joined Mar 2005
280 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by park-n-fly
Hellooooo...is anyone out there?

The EasyStar crew must be sound asleep...this thread is all the way on page 2 of the foamies list.
hey folks....I,ve been back to thread #1 and on and on etc. what a marathon read....if these threads were in bookform it would be as thick as tolstoy,s war and peace, and, a lot more interesting, y,all gotta do it! even if it,s just SPLASH,s "learning curve" I,m not gonna tell yer the thread no.(cause I,m old an forgot to write the no. down!), but,.'.RIGHT ON" SPLASH! I suppose many of us have trodden the same path.
NOW,to the serious stuff, still flyin, EZ* MK1 (3rd wing 2nd fuze. but still the "original," LOL).....being a careful flyer I treated EZ*MK1 as I would the traditional stick,n,tissue a/c i,ve been building since about 1954.
The MK2 EZ* ...permax 480 7.2v,6x3 graupner folder,zoom zoom mod. to rudder, old pilot,s naca. mod. for esc. hitec81mg servo,s(yeah I stripped the gears on the 55,s during a"controlled" crash) and I was gonna go with ailerons,zoomie,s report was ''there not worth squat" I,m still puttin, them in but only as spoilers,zoomies cf. thru the fuze. and fg. packing tape before the fuze. is glued....I know when it,s time for the "maiden " pic,s must be posted...MRS.HITLER ..(same date of birth....and she,s a magazine ed. hence the mrs h),so a grand daughter will be doin, the honor,s
Cheers,Col.
groundlooped is offline Find More Posts by groundlooped
Old Apr 09, 2005, 02:50 AM
Australia, NSW, Katoomba
Joined May 2002
5,430 Posts
COL.

Where are you flying your EZ* in Sydney area.

Cheers. Paddy.
oldpilot is offline Find More Posts by oldpilot
Old Apr 09, 2005, 07:49 AM
If it wasn't for the foam
PA
Joined Dec 2004
522 Posts
Clipped Wing EZ*

Has anyone tried a clipped-wing EZ*? I expect it would be faster, carry its momentum through loops better, sustain inverted flight, etc. And ailerons would work better than on the stock wing. I bet you could get some great performance out of her. I can only afford one EZ* at a time, so I'm not willing to butcher mine. But for those of you who have multiple EZ*'s...
tduro is offline Find More Posts by tduro
Old Apr 09, 2005, 09:15 AM
Huntsville AL
Joined Sep 2003
895 Posts
Aqua EZ star

Haven't when back to all the threads but has anyone tried the EZ star off water?
Miderror is offline Find More Posts by Miderror
Old Apr 09, 2005, 10:13 AM
Wilkesboro, NC
Joined Sep 2004
103 Posts
Removing the molding marks

I just got my EasyStar and have been planning it's construction. Has anyone found a way to remove the molding marks. I sanded one off in a not very visable spot. Even with fine grit sand paper it takes away the nice shiney finish and makes the surface a little fuzzy. I'll probably just leave them unless someone has a way to remove them and have a nice slick finish.
FlyingAgain is offline Find More Posts by FlyingAgain
Closed Thread