SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 19, 2010, 09:55 AM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
I hope I'm wrong - that will mean more of us can bump up the power with confidence. Just make sure it's always pointed away from civilization when you light it up!

..a
Andy W is offline Find More Posts by Andy W
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 19, 2010, 01:17 PM
The Kid
Detroit, MI
Joined Dec 2007
2,587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy W View Post
I hope I'm wrong - that will mean more of us can bump up the power with confidence. Just make sure it's always pointed away from civilization when you light it up!

..a
As with all other flying, safety is number one at all times! I'll be sure to catch this one on video when I go for it. Unfortunately, class does not get out until May 7th, and then its internship time. But I hope to have the power system assembled by next week, that way it will be a 24hr process of putting in a new motor mount for the NEU P32. Hopefully a flight by the second week of May.

Also, a nice like new Medusa 28-56-2800 for sale ready for the next guys siren
Thekid3418 is offline Find More Posts by Thekid3418
Old Apr 19, 2010, 01:23 PM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,853 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thekid3418 View Post
As with all other flying, safety is number one at all times! I'll be sure to catch this one on video when I go for it. Unfortunately, class does not get out until May 7th, and then its internship time. But I hope to have the power system assembled by next week, that way it will be a 24hr process of putting in a new motor mount for the NEU P32. Hopefully a flight by the second week of May.

Also, a nice like new Medusa 28-56-2800 for sale ready for the next guys siren
Hey Kid, this is exaclty what you need for your big batteries and Extreme watts.

http://www.soaringusa.com/products/p...ategory_id=262
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Old Apr 20, 2010, 11:17 AM
The Kid
Detroit, MI
Joined Dec 2007
2,587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
Hey Kid, this is exaclty what you need for your big batteries and Extreme watts.

http://www.soaringusa.com/products/p...ategory_id=262
I'd prefer one of these

http://icare-rc.com/Alex%20f5b.htm

But they are both over 2X the cost of the Siren! Which is way out of my price range. Maybe one day I'll be able to spoil myself with one, but not today. There are more important things to consider, like a degree and a career before thinking about my hobby that much!

That being said, it is a good idea for anyone looking to run the power I am running to get a better model then the Siren.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 12:26 PM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,853 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thekid3418 View Post
I'd prefer one of these

http://icare-rc.com/Alex%20f5b.htm

But they are both over 2X the cost of the Siren! Which is way out of my price range. Maybe one day I'll be able to spoil myself with one, but not today. There are more important things to consider, like a degree and a career before thinking about my hobby that much!

That being said, it is a good idea for anyone looking to run the power I am running to get a better model then the Siren.
My GF bought me the F5B Hawk from i-care. She bought it on Dec 21st and I received it Jan 28th. It had a tear in the wing so I shipped it back. All of that time waiting, I decided to get a refund and not have her spend so much money for a first Hotliner......in came the Siren.

But....it looked really sweet. Plenty of room for big batteries, I test fit my 4S 5000 in it before I shipped it back
Old Apr 21, 2010, 08:36 PM
I didn't have to use my AK
United States, NC, Etowah
Joined Nov 2007
365 Posts
Hi everybody! I am using the brushed set up on my siren but I can't get the motor in through the fuse? Am I missing something?
avoidingexpert is offline Find More Posts by avoidingexpert
Old Apr 21, 2010, 09:08 PM
The frigin Catalina wine mixer
USA, CA, Buena Park
Joined Oct 2006
599 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by avoidingexpert View Post
Hi everybody! I am using the brushed set up on my siren but I can't get the motor in through the fuse? Am I missing something?
Which brushed motor are you using?
flightmare is offline Find More Posts by flightmare
Old Apr 22, 2010, 06:57 AM
Joined Apr 2010
2 Posts
help

I am new to electric flight, I fly nitro rc helicopter, and I bought a siren, my question is: which engine to use prop and esc, would appreciate any help do not know much electric flight.
jaimecus is offline Find More Posts by jaimecus
Old Apr 22, 2010, 07:19 AM
I didn't have to use my AK
United States, NC, Etowah
Joined Nov 2007
365 Posts
I have the ht-600, the tower combo set up, the motor fits if I remove the sleeve from it, What is the sleeve for?
avoidingexpert is offline Find More Posts by avoidingexpert
Old Apr 22, 2010, 07:29 PM
USA, CA, Buena Park
Joined Oct 2006
599 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaimecus View Post
I am new to electric flight, I fly nitro rc helicopter, and I bought a siren, my question is: which engine to use prop and esc, would appreciate any help do not know much electric flight.
S

Start at page 1..See Andy's kontronic 480 setup..Then read on and see how many options there are..
Old Apr 23, 2010, 07:56 PM
PA
Joined Jul 2003
103 Posts
I'm ready to try out my siren with its new power system. I've flown it a couple time on about 300watts waiting for all the pieces. The setup is a hyperion zs3025-06, 3 cell 4200, rfm 14.5x14, and phoenix 125. This setup is supposed to be good for around 190amps and near 2000watts. I bench tested it for a couple seconds and its scary. Any thoughts on launching it? Should I throw with the motor on or wait until its in the air? Thanks
nate 1001 is offline Find More Posts by nate 1001
Old Apr 23, 2010, 08:53 PM
USA, CA, Buena Park
Joined Oct 2006
599 Posts
Throw it powered up..
Old Apr 23, 2010, 10:11 PM
The Kid
Detroit, MI
Joined Dec 2007
2,587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nate 1001 View Post
I'm ready to try out my siren with its new power system. I've flown it a couple time on about 300watts waiting for all the pieces. The setup is a hyperion zs3025-06, 3 cell 4200, rfm 14.5x14, and phoenix 125. This setup is supposed to be good for around 190amps and near 2000watts. I bench tested it for a couple seconds and its scary. Any thoughts on launching it? Should I throw with the motor on or wait until its in the air? Thanks
I would love to hear how this goes! Its sounds as though you will have very similar power levels as I am expecting. Do you have a way to record RPM? It would be interesting to compare RPMs, to in a way compare the effiencies of your LV outrunner setup and my HV geared inrunner. It should be a tight race!
Old Apr 24, 2010, 01:59 AM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,853 Posts
Opinions please

I plan to maiden tomorrow. For a reason I choose not disclose at the present time...... Would there be a great reason "not" to fly the siren without the CF servo cover on????

I need to "keep an eye on things" in there and it would be easier to leave it off.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 05:43 PM
United States, KY, Prospect
Joined May 2004
92 Posts
Help me decide which servos to use where.

Her is what I have:

1- Hitec HS-81mg
1- Hitec HS-82mg
2- HS-55
2- GWS S3002STD
2-CIRRUS CS-25BB

So which would you use where?

Building now so if you could suggest asap it would be appreciated.

Also- Did you guys put screw through the fuse and mount a box for the servos or just use 30 minute appoxy?

This is my first build. So I need some more advice.

Thanks
Red5 is offline Find More Posts by Red5