SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 09, 2008, 04:37 PM
Snowboarder
Toulouse, South France
Joined Oct 2007
511 Posts
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this thread. I came here because I was advise to buy a Viktor Cermark... and by searching deep in the forum, some people say that the Siren is maybe better, and for sure a little larger.

I'm into helis for 2 years, and have no plane orientation issues. I wanted to buy a sailplane, but with some nice speed... it turned into a fast plane with soaring abilities along the time ...

So the Siren maybe the good one for me.

Here're my few questions :

- I live in south france, the Siren is sold here $290 ; so with the euros/dollars conversion, I will buy it international. Which site could I get it sold internationally and that accepts paypal. I don't want towerhobbies, because I will get customs They declare the total value of the package (I know it's legal)

- I'll be running it with a DX7 and a AR6100 receiver. I read on the posts that the antenna does not have to be in the fuselage because the carbon would break the signal, anyone running a DX7 in 2.4 gig on this plane ?

- I want it fast and nice, I just want the best setup for this plane in fact. I have 3S 2200mah 25C lipos that I use for my TREX 450/500.
=> Will it be OK ?

- What combo can I get to have a damn great Siren ?

Prop / Motor / ESC / my 3S lipos (do I have to go 4S as I read ?)

Take care everyone and best wishes for 2008

Sincerily

Cédric
okayplayer is offline Find More Posts by okayplayer
Last edited by okayplayer; Jan 09, 2008 at 04:48 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2008, 05:03 PM
YardGoat lives with mama
Joined Feb 2007
3,231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by okayplayer
Here're my few questions :

- I'll be running it with a DX7 and a AR6100 receiver. I read on the posts that the antenna does not have to be in the fuselage because the carbon would break the signal, anyone running a DX7 in 2.4 gig on this plane ?
Scroll back a few pages. I believe on pages 18 and 19 we were talking about this. A few of us are running 2.4Ghz. Drill tiny holes and run the wires outside the fuse

Quote:
- I want it fast and nice, I just want the best setup for this plane in fact. I have 3S 2200mah 25C lipos that I use for my TREX 450/500.
=> Will it be OK ?
Check the height of the lipos. I run 2 3s2100 TP lipos in parallel to get 3s2p4200

Quote:
- What combo can I get to have a damn great Siren ?
Read this thread. There are a few power systems that people are. Here is another thread about the Siren. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...330518&page=33

I run a Scorpion 3026-10, CC60 with the above mentioned lipos. I am really happy with it.

Hope that helps.
Liquidity is offline Find More Posts by Liquidity
Old Jan 09, 2008, 05:13 PM
Snowboarder
Toulouse, South France
Joined Oct 2007
511 Posts
Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I spent so much time searching information that I missed some.

My last question :

- I live in south france, the Siren is sold here $290 ; so with the euros/dollars conversion, I will buy it international. Which site could I get it sold internationally and that accepts paypal except towerhobbies.

Cédric
Old Jan 09, 2008, 05:16 PM
YardGoat lives with mama
Joined Feb 2007
3,231 Posts
Sorry Cedric, I can not help you there.
Old Jan 09, 2008, 11:30 PM
Isaiah 40:31
Joined Mar 2006
1,468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidity
Check the height of the lipos. I run 2 3s2100 TP lipos in parallel to get 3s2p4200

Liquidity - what did you do to fit the (2) 2100mah batteries in your Siren? Did you modify the battery tray or internal structure? If so, how did you do it? I'm trying to find a way to bypass that with my Eflite Power 25, which weighs in at 190g. Let me know, if you would. Thanks!

God bless - "Rare"
Rare Bear is offline Find More Posts by Rare Bear
Old Jan 10, 2008, 06:15 AM
Snowboarder
Toulouse, South France
Joined Oct 2007
511 Posts
anyone have any idea?
Old Jan 10, 2008, 06:44 AM
Germany
Joined Jan 2007
72 Posts
Quote:
Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I spent so much time searching information that I missed some.

My last question :

- I live in south france, the Siren is sold here $290 ; so with the euros/dollars conversion, I will buy it international. Which site could I get it sold internationally and that accepts paypal except towerhobbies.

Cédric
Hi Cedric,

I've bought the siren at omnimodels.com, the price was 149US$, atthe time I bought there was a rebate action to save 15% (don't know if this kind of action is still available)
I didn't pay any customs, I have only paid the tax here in germany, that was 19%. But I think its still cheaper than your price in france. I 've study the taric table and find a definiton for the package without to pay custom. Here you can find the taric table, but its not easy to understand or better find the correct taric number...they change sometimes the numbers etc.
Meanwhile I've find a online shop in austria that also sell the siren, but its not available at the moment, perhaps you should ask, maybe they order it specially 4U, the price is there about 169€, and from austria to france you don't have to pay taxes or custom.

About the DX7:
It depends if your DX7 is a EU version (TX power reduced)? so with this version I would prefer he AR7000 RX for more safety.

rgds
Wolf
fwolf15 is offline Find More Posts by fwolf15
Old Jan 10, 2008, 01:39 PM
Snowboarder
Toulouse, South France
Joined Oct 2007
511 Posts
Hi everyone,

I want to buy a quite fast glider. I just wanna be sure that everyone says me : Go with the Siren

Am I right ?

I noticed this one also :

http://www.topmodel.fr/product_detail.php?id=12123

Anyone ?

Cédric
Old Jan 10, 2008, 01:41 PM
YardGoat lives with mama
Joined Feb 2007
3,231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare Bear
Liquidity - what did you do to fit the (2) 2100mah batteries in your Siren? Did you modify the battery tray or internal structure? If so, how did you do it? I'm trying to find a way to bypass that with my Eflite Power 25, which weighs in at 190g. Let me know, if you would. Thanks!

God bless - "Rare"
Nope. I did not modify anything to get the batteries in. I had to modify it to get my motor to work, but that is all. It is a tight squeeze with on battery on top of another, but it works. I will try to get a picture up later.
Old Jan 10, 2008, 02:24 PM
Germany
Joined Jan 2007
72 Posts
Quote:
Hi everyone,

I want to buy a quite fast glider. I just wanna be sure that everyone says me : Go with the Siren

Am I right ?

Anyone ?

Cédric

look here

there is a thread about or better within the wilco.
Old Jan 10, 2008, 04:29 PM
Germany
Joined Jan 2007
72 Posts
Quote:
Hi everyone,

Am I right ?

Anyone ?

Cédric
perhaps this is the same model as the wilco.
Old Jan 10, 2008, 04:43 PM
The frigin Catalina wine mixer
USA, CA, Buena Park
Joined Oct 2006
599 Posts
No Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare Bear

God bless - "Rare"
I was able to fit both 2100s end to end in the fuse of the Siren.You have to be selective what type brand 2100s you use..The Thunder Power pro lite 2100s will fit no problem.I beleive the flight powers are slender enough to slip in too..
flightmare is offline Find More Posts by flightmare
Old Jan 10, 2008, 07:17 PM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
With the tray removed, I was able to get a standard end-to-end sub-c pack into mine. The Neu 4900's are the same width as two sub-c's, so you could get a pretty hefty pack in there - way more than you need, really. There's no drawback to removing the tray, the carbon is stiff enough..
..a
Andy W is offline Find More Posts by Andy W
Old Jan 10, 2008, 09:06 PM
Joined Mar 2006
1,468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flightmare
I was able to fit both 2100s end to end in the fuse of the Siren.You have to be selective what type brand 2100s you use..The Thunder Power pro lite 2100s will fit no problem.I beleive the flight powers are slender enough to slip in too..
Pictures, please! If you have some pics, it would be great to see! I don't want to mod the fuselage, so if anyone has pics of their battery layout, please share. Thank you!!

God bless - "Rare"
Old Jan 13, 2008, 01:47 AM
Joined Mar 2006
1,468 Posts
Pictures of battery placement? Anyone??

God bless - "Rare"