HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 15, 2012, 05:04 PM
Australia, QLD, Beaudesert
Joined Jul 2008
552 Posts
Hi Guys,I had a look around and it seems all places say 2 poles,
Even the manufacturer web site and the manual for the motor does not say!
Neal
Ps Consensus says 2 pole.
neale is offline Find More Posts by neale
Last edited by neale; Nov 15, 2012 at 05:09 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2012, 05:48 PM
Joined Jul 2008
552 Posts
I am about to order the 100 amp dlux esc, I see it is chunky, any thoughts?
Neal
Ps. too late!
Ordered programmer, and ESC ordered, AUS warehouse.
Last edited by neale; Nov 15, 2012 at 07:03 PM.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:08 PM
The wheels touch down FIRST??
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jun 2009
24,111 Posts
I have a DLux 70A at home - I'll see how it fits in the Siren fuze. Then check to see how much bigger the 100A will be to give you an idea of size.

I'm thinking the 70A would have been enough for the motor you're planning to run - oh well, if the 100 fits, at least you've got some ESC headroom and shouldn't be stressing it (and I reckon if you're pulling 100A you're in wing-tearing-off territory anyways LoL)...

BJ
BJ64 is online now Find More Posts by BJ64
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:14 PM
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Feb 2009
1,287 Posts
Another question or two... The wing is glued into one piece correct? Does the horizontal stab come off? The reason I ask these questions, is to figure out the best way to store the model. I love models that pack away back in the original box they came in, i.e. my radian dismantles back into the original box for transportation and storage.
yellowcolorado is online now Find More Posts by yellowcolorado
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:43 PM
Joined Jul 2008
552 Posts
Thanx BJ,
I have ordered the 100, but if you can test fit, I can compare, it appears it will fit(appears), to yellowcolorado, the wing is glued into one piece, you will not get it back in box, not without a dumb thumb event anyway
Neal
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:46 PM
Joined Jun 2009
24,111 Posts
In short, in the normal config:
- yes, the wings are glued together and so are 2m long,
- and yes, the rear stab can be removed via 2 screws but you have to carefully unhook the elevator control rod to do it...

BJ
Old Nov 16, 2012, 04:37 AM
Joined Jun 2009
24,111 Posts
Heya Neal

I just checked the DLux 70A in my Siren - and it fits with room to spare. It's actually shorter (but fatter) than my Plush 80 that's in there at the moment.

According to the HK website, the 70A and 100A are the same dimensions - 69x33x23, so you should be good to go

If you carefully cut your wiring to appropriate lengths, it should all fit in nicely...

BJ
Old Nov 16, 2012, 07:25 AM
Joined Jul 2008
552 Posts
Thank you BJ, I cut roughly cut a block of balsa this arvo test fit into the siren, I think it should be ok too.
I have not had to work wih so little room for a while, I am kinda happy that the esc has what appears to be good cooling, not a lot of volume left in there, as I also want to put my bec up front as well,if it balances out.
I am gooing to use a switching bec, so I want to put all the distance I can between it and the Rx.
Solded the molex plugs on tonight, It took two shots at it, but all good now, should make it a bit easier to fit wing on and off, plus looks neater.
Got a busy weekend, so I am planning to fit the wing and tail servos Sunday night and look some more exactly how to do the Rx fit, tempted to cut a small hatch/access port in top of fuse to allow easier fitment of Rx, but if I can figure out how to get the Tx secured down the fuse, behind the batt tray without cutting an access port that would be good.
Have a good weekend.
Neal
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:39 PM
Tim Lampe; Hobbico R&D
Champaign, IL
Joined Dec 2009
3,644 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N2UMK View Post
Post#1757 motor # is wrong; should be 28-45-3600; sorry, hope no one got confused. I corrected it today.
Does anyone know the # of poles in this motor?
I guessed 4 poles but not sure.
The rpms on the data logger come out about right with 4 poles.
Tnx
Pat
Hi Pat.

The Ammo inrunners are 2 pole.

Tim
KRProton is offline Find More Posts by KRProton
Old Nov 16, 2012, 05:01 PM
Clifton, VA
Joined Mar 2003
81 Posts
All - thanks;
2-poles; Could not find it in print anywhere.
Tim- I pm'd u regarding a motor mount question. I figured out the 2"x2" square.
Thanks again everyone.
Pat
N2UMK is offline Find More Posts by N2UMK
Old Nov 16, 2012, 07:07 PM
Joined Jun 2009
24,111 Posts
Neal - the Dlux Speedies have a built-in BEC, so you don't have to run a separate one if you don't need/want to.

Re the Rx - I've put mine up in the rear of the fuze just behind the wing bolt, and drilled a couple of small holes in the side of the fuze just forward of the bolt area to poke the Rx whiskers out. I hold them in place with some BluTack (you could also use a dob of hot-glue etc. - so long as you can get the Rx out if the need be).

It's not a great pic, but the black dot to the right of my thumb is where the antenna come out (one each side).

BJ
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:03 PM
Joined Jul 2008
552 Posts
Thanks BJ,
I see the esc has a bec, I just would like the idea of seperate bec, also I was wanting to get the Rx back a little further back if I can, I would like to have it well out the way if I can, and dri;ll out the fuse the same as you have.
Just mixed up some epoxy and put the wing joiners together, messy job that one!
I will do the servo trays when I do the wings, I have decided to use stock wing joiners, this plane wont be flown like a pylon racer!
Neal
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:07 PM
Joined Jun 2009
24,111 Posts
Oh yes it will... trust me

LoL

BJ
Old Nov 17, 2012, 03:19 AM
Joined Jul 2008
552 Posts
Well BJ ,maybe I will mayybe I wont!!!II just put the wing together, cant say I am all that happy with the job.
Alignment is not all that great, and have a ridge here and a low point there, my own fault, I should have checked the alignment out with a dry run, and had a much more critical look at it, by the time I noticed it , was too late, epoxy everywhere! It is not going to effect flight, there sraight, just thought it would have been a tad better out of the box, had I been aware I would have sorted it a little better.
Not a lot holding them there wings together, I can see I will be a bit over cautious first couple of flights!
hope to get the servos and Rx in tomorrow, then wait for motor gearbox and speedy to turn up.
Neal
I
Old Nov 17, 2012, 04:43 AM
Joined Jun 2009
24,111 Posts
I put a drizzle of epoxy on the the end rib of each section as well as on the joiner bar...

BJ