SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Michael Heer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 11:38 AM
did a reversed Immelman..once.
Novi, Michigan
Joined Nov 2002
2,254 Posts
sharp Corsair..airbrush effects look great.I have one to build this winter also..

...not sure if I'm going with grey or blue.
SKYPILEIT is offline Find More Posts by SKYPILEIT
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2012, 12:49 PM
Bloomfield, IN
Joined Nov 2006
937 Posts
If you crash and are going to trash a GWS plane before you trash it PM me. I may want to pay postage if you will ship it to me.
degreen60 is offline Find More Posts by degreen60
Old Oct 08, 2012, 03:10 PM
USA, NY, Buffalo
Joined Dec 2007
619 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYPILEIT View Post
sharp Corsair..airbrush effects look great.I have one to build this winter also..

...not sure if I'm going with grey or blue.
Thanks! I will say, the light blue/grey can be a little hard to see against a blue sky, but not as difficult as I thought it would be. I still have no regrets doing this scheme though. I can definitely see why they painted them this way.
thrashmaster71 is offline Find More Posts by thrashmaster71
Old Dec 01, 2012, 02:31 AM
www.thunderbolt-gallery.com
Joined Mar 2007
175 Posts
Here's a couple of glamor shots of my GWS birds

GWS ME 109 Park 480 2500 lipo, fully glassed, flew like a bat outta hell, over 100 flights, R.I.P. I will get another one- awesome everyday plane!

GWS P-40 This ones had a rough life, but I still have it

"Jigsaw 7 this is Jigsaw Leader"

The panels are aircraft scrap that I painted and then sent around this country and Germany to get the Aces signatures. Fun hobby, they took a few years to collect

Steve
MIGl7 is offline Find More Posts by MIGl7
Old Dec 01, 2012, 04:20 PM
USA, NY, Buffalo
Joined Dec 2007
619 Posts
Awesome! Those signed panels are really cool too!
thrashmaster71 is offline Find More Posts by thrashmaster71
Old Dec 02, 2012, 08:11 PM
Tennessee
Joined Apr 2009
5,639 Posts
Mig put a cheap set of rotaters on the P-40 and cut out the flaps for some serious fun.

Alan
GiusedtoBe is online now Find More Posts by GiusedtoBe
Old May 25, 2013, 01:37 PM
Bloomfield, IN
Joined Nov 2006
937 Posts
Here is my GWS Pizza. Is now a Sack AS6
Old May 25, 2013, 01:48 PM
5,200 Led Lighted Bike-Bob P.
USA, MA, Swansea
Joined Mar 2003
2,884 Posts
Degreen
You never cease to amaze me. I love it. I just was looking at a book with a similar German plane in it. I am sure this is it. I hope you enjoy it as it is a great conversation plane. Good luck on your maiden. German Circle Plane (Kreisfluegelflugzeuge ). I also Googled it.
**Neons** Bob
**neons** is offline Find More Posts by **neons**
Last edited by **neons**; May 25, 2013 at 02:07 PM.
Old May 25, 2013, 02:23 PM
Bloomfield, IN
Joined Nov 2006
937 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by **neons** View Post
Degreen
You never cease to amaze me. I love it. I just was looking at a book with a similar German plane in it. I am sure this is it. I hope you enjoy it as it is a great conversation plane. Good luck on your maiden. German Circle Plane (Kreisfluegelflugzeuge ). I also Googled it.
**Neons** Bob
This plane did not have a "maiden". It flew great as a pizza so I changed the vertical fin trying keep the new one close to the same area. Then I did a test flight and it still flew as good as it did as a pizza. The fin is a little larger than scale for wing diameter. I then added small horizontal tail fin and test flew again. Every time I made a change I test flew. Every time it passed flight test I would paint that area and then add the next item. The canopy is close to scale but the cowl is way smaller than scale. It flies great. I can almost make it hover. Maybe if I keep trying and getting better I will get it to hover. I can land it flat on the grass and it just sets there. Records show JG400(ME163 pilots) found it in a hanger and tried flying it so I put the JG400 emblem on the nose.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 08:07 AM
Joined Mar 2012
30 Posts
My me-262 unfortunately no longer around after and engine out just after rotation.
madmanbear is offline Find More Posts by madmanbear
Old Jun 18, 2013, 12:15 PM
Tennessee
Joined Apr 2009
5,639 Posts
On maiden?? That thing looked fantastic! Mine was a serious hanger queen w/ multiple motor/ESC combos but i finally found a pair of fans that really made it go but unfortunately mine is dead too. Thought about getting a new airframe but I have to have retracts.

Alan
GiusedtoBe is online now Find More Posts by GiusedtoBe
Old Jun 19, 2013, 09:59 AM
Joined Mar 2012
30 Posts
fortunately not on maiden but it was on the old 300h motors. it flys best on 55mm fan units (with modding) or on freewing 64mm fans as have flown other peoples at the club. Im going to get the freewing me-262 now i think .

Tom
madmanbear is offline Find More Posts by madmanbear
Old Oct 13, 2014, 10:53 AM
2RK
United Kingdom, England, Hampshire
Joined Jun 2011
86 Posts
GWS kits today as rare as a WWII relic ...

... so I'm quite happy to discover an intact Zero in the jungle, with the pilot still strapped in his seat!

It's actually new, imported by another forum member here in the UK from GWS and still waiting for fair weather for its maiden flight. After that I plan to put floats to convert it to a Rufe floatplane.
2RK is offline Find More Posts by 2RK
Old Oct 13, 2014, 01:12 PM
Unrepentant Carnivore
Brandon, Fl
Joined Mar 2005
2,509 Posts
Clever! I remember when GWS models were everywhere - the perfect platform for bashes. Now they are so rare, you are hesitant to cut them up for anything other than the original model. I wonder who has / where the molds are.

Jim
jamesdr is offline Find More Posts by jamesdr
Old Oct 13, 2014, 09:04 PM
2RK
United Kingdom, England, Hampshire
Joined Jun 2011
86 Posts
Thanks, Jim ... They still make them, don't they? gordynic imported a number of kits from GWS Taiwan and as far as we know he's the only one in the UK selling brand new GWS kits. There are none left in our local hobby shops as no one else is importing them.

BTW, I see that you're in Brandon. I had a wonderful vacation in FL over a year ago and mostly stayed in Riverview. I managed to give my nephew a few training flights ... and met a couple of local fliers at that big parking lot west of Walmart-Brandon. Could you be one of them?

Gel
2RK is offline Find More Posts by 2RK
Last edited by 2RK; Oct 13, 2014 at 09:12 PM.