HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Michael Heer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 09:39 AM
Ex RAF Techie
North East England
Joined Jun 2010
765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiusedtoBe View Post
So where does one find the GWS Mosquito and the GWS helicopter?

Beautiful planes BTW
Alan
Thanks dude! Trust me, if GWS made a Mosquito or decent helicopters, I'd buy them. It's too bad that I now own ALL of the GWS models that I like, and they're not producing any new kits.
davylah is offline Find More Posts by davylah
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 23, 2011, 11:38 AM
Tennessee
Joined Apr 2009
5,518 Posts
The corsair is a very nice flying plane. Would love to see what you could do with that one. Maybe a RN scheme. Here's mine. Lost the battery hatch so I haven't flown it in awhile. Went with individual aileron servos. Not up to your standard but a fun plane nonetheless.

Regards,
Alan
GiusedtoBe is offline Find More Posts by GiusedtoBe
Old Sep 23, 2011, 11:51 AM
Tennessee
Joined Apr 2009
5,518 Posts
G' Dub planes in action

Thought I'd post a few GWS planes in their natural element. It is a shame they aren't producing anymore. I would certainly buy more if they built a few more warbirds.

Regards,
Alan
Old Sep 23, 2011, 11:54 AM
Ex RAF Techie
North East England
Joined Jun 2010
765 Posts
Quote:
The corsair is a very nice flying plane. Would love to see what you could do with that one. Maybe a RN scheme. Here's mine. Lost the battery hatch so I haven't flown it in awhile. Went with individual aileron servos. Not up to your standard but a fun plane nonetheless.

Regards,
Alan
Hey, I think your Corsair looks great, don't be so modest! I'd heard they are one of the better flying GWS Warbirds, but I guess because the Corsair and Mustang are from over the pond, they don't hold the same appeal as the Spitfire. Even now, when I see the BBMF Spitfires and Lancaster flying, I get a little shiver down my spine.
I have just googled the RN Corsair and you've definitely got me thinking. I don't think the Mrs will thank you though!!
Old Sep 23, 2011, 11:55 AM
Ex RAF Techie
North East England
Joined Jun 2010
765 Posts
Quote:
Thought I'd post a few GWS planes in their natural element. It is a shame they aren't producing anymore. I would certainly buy more if they built a few more warbirds.

Regards,
Alan
Man I wish I had someone to take in flight pictures for me!
Old Oct 13, 2011, 09:36 PM
USA, NY, Buffalo
Joined Dec 2007
619 Posts
I just finished my new Tigermoth 400. Its got a BP2217 on 3s, reinforced landing gear, and flying wires. It's ready for maiden, which usually means it will be too windy to fly for several weeks.
thrashmaster71 is offline Find More Posts by thrashmaster71
Old Oct 14, 2011, 07:34 AM
Joined Oct 2003
921 Posts
Awesome planes. What happened to GWS anyway?
robster94gt is offline Find More Posts by robster94gt
Old Oct 15, 2011, 09:38 AM
READY!
seattle, wa
Joined May 2008
623 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrashmaster71 View Post
I just finished my new Tigermoth 400. Its got a BP2217 on 3s, reinforced landing gear, and flying wires. It's ready for maiden, which usually means it will be too windy to fly for several weeks.
Compliments on your Moth. You did a great job!
shafferama is offline Find More Posts by shafferama
Old Oct 19, 2011, 02:39 PM
USA, NY, Buffalo
Joined Dec 2007
619 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shafferama View Post
Compliments on your Moth. You did a great job!
Thanks, I'm really happy with the way it turned out. I hope it flies as well as everyone says.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 02:31 PM
Finland, Nastola
Joined Jul 2006
61 Posts
Hi,

This is my first post to whole forum. I have crashed my SpitFire couple times because of radio errors (and you can see that on the plane), but today I moved to 2.4GHz band and now it seems to fly without any glitches.

I really like how the plane flies and feels. Beside that she looks so beautiful on the air.
Spoogy is offline Find More Posts by Spoogy
Old Oct 22, 2011, 05:09 PM
USA, NY, Buffalo
Joined Dec 2007
619 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoogy View Post
Hi,

This is my first post to whole forum. I have crashed my SpitFire couple times because of radio errors (and you can see that on the plane), but today I moved to 2.4GHz band and now it seems to fly without any glitches.

I really like how the plane flies and feels. Beside that she looks so beautiful on the air.
Welcome to RCgroups. Your spitty looks great! It's a great flying plane.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 11:36 PM
Tennessee
Joined Apr 2009
5,518 Posts
Love the Moth Thrash! Scratch one Spitfire. Clipped a tree a week or so ago and into a parking lot.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 12:02 AM
Darwin Australia
Joined May 2002
6,960 Posts
My GWS Spitfire has been repaired five times from crashes that caused more damage that on your model. So get some 5 min epoxy and glue the fuselage back together. The Spitfire can take the extra weight of the repair and still fly well.

Ken
kensp is offline Find More Posts by kensp
Old Oct 23, 2011, 09:01 AM
Tennessee
Joined Apr 2009
5,518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kensp View Post
My GWS Spitfire has been repaired five times from crashes that caused more damage that on your model. So get some 5 min epoxy and glue the fuselage back together. The Spitfire can take the extra weight of the repair and still fly well.

Ken
Yeah it was repairable but i had just done some upgrades and minor repairs and the stick mount had split and the motor was loose. I never was thrilled with the flight characteristics of this one anyway so it got binned. My 109 has been rebuilt several times from far worse.

Regards,
Alan
Old Oct 23, 2011, 03:16 PM
USA, NY, Buffalo
Joined Dec 2007
619 Posts
Quote:
Yeah it was repairable but i had just done some upgrades and minor repairs and the stick mount had split and the motor was loose. I never was thrilled with the flight characteristics of this one anyway so it got binned. My 109 has been rebuilt several times from far worse.

Regards,
Alan
Sorry about your Spitty. I noticed Horizon has the airframes for pretty cheap.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...dID=GWSAE0011A