Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Michael Heer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 22, 2005, 06:04 PM
Joined Sep 2004
2,744 Posts
no need to apologize

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red 61
LOL -- I apologize... Truth be told, I'm one of those "other people" who complain to GWS about the orange prop color. If you search that dedicated thread, you'll probably see my posts.
Again, I apologize. I'm trying to not give "knee jerk" reactions these days -- it's one of my many shortcomings...
No need to apologize; We're all different and various things that are IMPORTANT to us, so you're ok. Like I said, it was FRIENDLY sarcasm, because honestly I thought that his plane DID look good, so I couldn't resist that little "jab".

Apology accepted, but HEY, maybe I SHOULD APOLOGIZE for being sarcastic. Oh well, you and I have communicated aobut fun things before, so youre high on my list; hope that I havn't slipped tooooo far on yours.

regards,
LarryR
LareeRudee is offline Find More Posts by LareeRudee
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 25, 2005, 01:25 PM
Beaverton, Oregon
Joined Jul 2003
249 Posts
Here's my GWS C-130 with a slightly non-scale version of the USCG color scheme:

My C-130 alongside its older brother...

More images:
http://www.jr45.com/rc/C-130/DSCF0008w.jpg
http://www.jr45.com/rc/C-130/DSCF0015w.jpg
http://www.jr45.com/rc/C-130/DSCF0021w.jpg

Regards,
-- Rod
rrobbins is offline Find More Posts by rrobbins
Last edited by rrobbins; Jun 25, 2005 at 01:49 PM.
Old Jun 25, 2005, 02:07 PM
Joined Sep 2004
2,744 Posts
Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrobbins
Here's my GWS C-130 with a slightly non-scale version of the USCG color scheme:

Regards,
-- Rod
That is beautiful.

LarryR
Old Jun 25, 2005, 02:10 PM
Beaverton, Oregon
Joined Jul 2003
249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LareeRudee
That is beautiful.

LarryR
Thanks!

-- Rod
Old Jun 25, 2005, 02:15 PM
Joined Sep 2004
2,744 Posts
non-scale color

Quote:
Thanks! -- Rod
Hey, I'm not a "purist" either, so tho some may object to "mimicing" scale colors while not being TRUE or ACCURATE....... it's not a big deal; I'm proud of you for feeling free to take some liberties to make it look good to YOU. I don't know WHAT the scale color would look like, but this sure is nice.

Do you by chance have a photo of the one that inspired you???? That'd be interesting, and I don't think it would be "off topic", either.

LarryR
Old Jun 25, 2005, 02:21 PM
Joined Sep 2004
2,744 Posts
the "mother' ship

Quote:
Thanks! -- Rod
I don't have much, if ANYTHING to post (photos) but I always think it's interesting (especially those of us who are not so "experienced") to know if it's a kit, scratch built, and the motor/prop/battery setup.

And the following is to everybody who reads this thread:

I also might be a lone ranger on this, too, but I think it'd be interesting to know what was in the contributor's mind when they created some of these beauties; like, YOU might wonder what I AM WONDERING...... well, when I see that plane, I wonder if he's based NEAR this plane, if it's from the past, or if he's presently, or WAS in the Coast Guard, etc..............

For example, who is it, RedDog or sombody who has White Lightning for his avitar??? has interesting stories to tell about HIS avitar and it's place in HIS history; and I'll bet it's true of our models, tooooooo.

Just a thought, not being nosy.

LarryR
Old Jun 25, 2005, 02:29 PM
Beaverton, Oregon
Joined Jul 2003
249 Posts
Quote:
Hey, I'm not a "purist" either, so tho some may object to "mimicing" scale colors while not being TRUE or ACCURATE....... it's not a big deal; I'm proud of you for feeling free to take some liberties to make it look good to YOU. I don't know WHAT the scale color would look like, but this sure is nice.

Do you by chance have a photo of the one that inspired you???? That'd be interesting, and I don't think it would be "off topic", either.

LarryR
Thanks for your comments. The photo that inspired my own version of the USCG color scheme is the one posted by "David_A" in post #74 of this thread. His rendition is probably more accurate than mine.

Regards,
-- Rod
Old Jun 25, 2005, 04:28 PM
Mesa, Arizona
Joined Sep 2003
253 Posts
This is a pretty accurate rendition of the U.S. Coast Guard C-130 color scheme.

John Fail U.S. Coast Guard (Retired)
jfail is offline Find More Posts by jfail
Old Jun 25, 2005, 04:36 PM
Mesa, Arizona
Joined Sep 2003
253 Posts
This should be a better picture.
jfail is offline Find More Posts by jfail
Old Jun 25, 2005, 04:55 PM
Joined Sep 2004
2,744 Posts
another beauty???

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfail

Hey, if I keep saying "it's beautiful", you're not gonna believe me, but ok, here goes again:

"It's Beautiful"

I can't even find time to do an E-Starter...........

LarryR
Old Jun 25, 2005, 05:07 PM
Joined Sep 2004
2,744 Posts
Have you shown it on the C-130 thread???

Quote:
Have you seen the C-130 thread???? maybe wanna show it there??? maybe already did???

LarryR
Old Jun 25, 2005, 05:08 PM
Joined Sep 2004
2,744 Posts
oops

Quote:
Have you seen the C-130 thread???? maybe wanna show it there??? maybe already did???
LarryR
oops; meant to show the thread:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=384977
Old Jun 26, 2005, 03:10 AM
Beaverton, Oregon
Joined Jul 2003
249 Posts
Quote:
This is a pretty accurate rendition of the U.S. Coast Guard C-130 color scheme.

John Fail U.S. Coast Guard (Retired)

Excellent job, John! Now I'm inspired to make some improvements on mine. I can use the grey strips from the GWS decal sheet on top of the wing, replace the U.S. flag emblems on the tail with the U.S. aircraft insignia, and add some more red to the elevator surfaces.

After seeing your photo, I did some more "Googling" on the USCG C-130 and found some more photos. I should have researched it better...

Originally, I was going to try to duplicate that Evergreen Aviation C-130 in the second photo of my initial posting (post #122) because it's actually located across the road from our model flying field. Once I got started on it, though, it seemed a little blah and ordinary (if there is such a thing as an "ordinary" Hercules...)

I'm glad I went with the USCG scheme. I'll work on correcting it as much as I can, then I'll post new photos. I can't fly it for a while because I managed to break one of the little props on takeoff and my LHS doesn't carry them in stock. I ordered replacements online but I'm sure I won't get them until next week sometime...

Regards,
-- Rod
Old Jun 26, 2005, 03:15 AM
Beaverton, Oregon
Joined Jul 2003
249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwksr
Larry I don't understand the orange prop thing. A black magic marker works and without the added weight of paint....
Duh... Another one of those "Now why didn't I think of that??" moments.

What a great idea! I've been "misting" on a coat of black spray paint onto the orange props, but this idea is just too quick and simple!

Thanks!
-- Rod
Old Jun 26, 2005, 09:40 AM
Joined Sep 2004
2,744 Posts
color of props

Quote:
Duh... Another one of those "Now why didn't I think of that??" moments. What a great idea! I've been "misting" on a coat of black spray paint onto the orange props, but this idea is just too quick and simple! Thanks! -- Rod
i've really misled a bunch of folks on this one; I was using "friendly sarcasm" about those who DO object to the color, and/or don't change the colors they have when they don't like them; orange for example; I'm not good enough to worry about the color of prop, so I'm grateful for any color, and if I wanted gray or black or black w/orange tips, I'd try some things.

So, I understand those who insist on a certain color, but presently I'm just glad that I can find props; ha, if I WAS TO WISH FOR MORE AND BETTER THINGS IN PROPS????? I've already expressed my wishes to GWS (ever see their forum for suggestions to improve their products???) for more and varied "pitch" sizes being made available; diameters are in plentiful supply, but want more options on pitch.

Thanks for the thoughts, tho.

LarryR