HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Michael Heer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 16, 2005, 08:43 AM
Outcast outlaw
As far away from RCGroups and the AMA as possible!
Joined Aug 2004
6,601 Posts
LareeRudee -- check out this thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=359029
Red 61 is offline Find More Posts by Red 61
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 19, 2005, 02:58 AM
field epoxy tech.
canada
Joined Feb 2004
131 Posts
heres my p-51d with flaps and retactable gear , 5 servos , e-flight 400 brushless motor , 25amp phenoix con. , 1500 3cell kokam batts , robart gear , 6ch. gws reciver , It's almost a year old now time for a new one soon?
modman is offline Find More Posts by modman
Old Jun 19, 2005, 03:03 AM
field epoxy tech.
canada
Joined Feb 2004
131 Posts
better pic
Old Jun 19, 2005, 04:24 PM
Joined Jun 2004
78 Posts
Nice with the Flaps and the gear, what is the weight?
flyingfred is offline Find More Posts by flyingfred
Old Jun 19, 2005, 11:54 PM
Cliff
Chattahoochee,Fla
Joined Dec 2004
205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LareeRudee
hey, tell us more about latex paint; brand and source..... i don't wanna appear foolish, but do you mean, like, HOUSE paint???? I've seen some builders state that they DO use interior latex; I've not tried ANY paint, yet, so am asking seriously.

thx,
LarryR
Larry I'm kinda late here as I'm reading old threads looking for a specific GWS Dc-3 aka C-47 video. All my foamies are painted with house exterior semi-gloss Ben/Moore paints. Thinning for airbrush is simply water. Minwax makes a polycrylic high gloss clear top coat. After decals light spray ensures decal will stay put. Your choice of colors is infinate and the cost very cheap. Fokker Dr-1, Ben/ Moore Heritage red, decals made on computer, applied wood glue little water, and clear coated. Coat for high gloss if prefered. 10 min dry time and wha La. Cliff
cwksr is offline Find More Posts by cwksr
Old Jun 20, 2005, 12:46 AM
put the kettle on....
Paddock Wood, Kent, England.
Joined Sep 2004
264 Posts
Got good shots of my C130 in the air last week, I know it's been in this thread before but I was so pleased with the pics, hope you don't mind. Fly's great.

David.
David A is offline Find More Posts by David A
Old Jun 20, 2005, 09:12 AM
Outcast outlaw
Joined Aug 2004
6,601 Posts
Cliff -- Can you (do you) put your Minwax Polycrylic in your airbrush? I don't know why, but I've been afraid to try this... If so, do you thin it 50/50 like the paint?

David -- AWESOME, dude! Just awesome.
Old Jun 20, 2005, 11:15 PM
Cliff
Chattahoochee,Fla
Joined Dec 2004
205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red 61
Cliff -- Can you (do you) put your Minwax Polycrylic in your airbrush? I don't know why, but I've been afraid to try this... If so, do you thin it 50/50 like the paint?

David -- AWESOME, dude! Just awesome.

Red, it's recommended to not thin but I thin about 25% water 75% clear, with airbrush, flows out nice and dry time is nill. I spent a fortune on Faskolor, Tamiya, and the like but my local hardware store sells me qts of my choice same price. Cliff PS another thought-- next time you buy meat save the foam container, clean well, and you not only have repair material but a test paint area to boot!!!!
Old Jun 21, 2005, 08:33 PM
Joined Jul 2004
1,537 Posts
a Spitfire from a UK flyer

Goolam emailed us the photos.

Share with all of you.
RAY GWS is offline Find More Posts by RAY GWS
Old Jun 21, 2005, 08:57 PM
Joined Sep 2004
2,744 Posts
pretty airplane

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAY GWS
Goolam emailed us the photos.
Share with all of you.
Now THIS plane is pretty, too. It's beautiful even with an ORANGE prop (have you been reading the other threads objecting to the color of props???)

I wonder if this man in the UK has access to some Scotland colors for the Spitfire. I understand that there is one being or has been re-constructed in a museum in Edinburgh??

If he does, I'd be interested in seeing or hearing about it. Oh, my daughter in law is from Scotland. Would do a Spitfire in HER colors if I know what they were.

Seriously, that is a pretty plane.

LarryR
LareeRudee is offline Find More Posts by LareeRudee
Old Jun 21, 2005, 10:50 PM
field epoxy tech.
canada
Joined Feb 2004
131 Posts
Flyingfred

It weighs about 590 grams with the battery .

Thanks

steve
Old Jun 22, 2005, 07:01 AM
Cliff
Chattahoochee,Fla
Joined Dec 2004
205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LareeRudee
Now THIS plane is pretty, too. It's beautiful even with an ORANGE prop (have you been reading the other threads objecting to the color of props???)

I wonder if this man in the UK has access to some Scotland colors for the Spitfire. I understand that there is one being or has been re-constructed in a museum in Edinburgh??

If he does, I'd be interested in seeing or hearing about it. Oh, my daughter in law is from Scotland. Would do a Spitfire in HER colors if I know what they were.

Seriously, that is a pretty plane.

LarryR

Larry I don't understand the orange prop thing. A black magic marker works and without the added weight of paint. Here's the GWS 8X6 prop on the balancer with magic marker.
Old Jun 22, 2005, 08:23 AM
Outcast outlaw
Joined Aug 2004
6,601 Posts
Alternatively, hobby stores could start carrying the BLACK GWS props instead of the orange ones...

Or GWS could stop MAKING orange props -- what's the point of an orange prop anyway? Safety? When that orange prop spins up, you can't see it anyway.
Old Jun 22, 2005, 10:33 AM
Joined Sep 2004
2,744 Posts
OOOPS; not ME complaining :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red 61
Alternatively, hobby stores could start carrying the BLACK GWS props instead of the orange ones...
Or GWS could stop MAKING orange props -- what's the point of an orange prop anyway? Safety? When that orange prop spins up, you can't see it anyway.
that was friendly "sarcasm"; I don't care what color they are; 99% of MINE are orange. I was just alluding to "other people" complaining about the color; there is a whole thread dedicated to that.

Sorry, I'm so often "long winded" that sometimes I venture out and try to be more abbreviated, and THEN it isn't clear.

i'm aware that there are orange, grey, and black props, but presently I'm not a talented enough of a flyer to get fussy about the prop colors, (yet, ha).

Thanks for your concern, tho.

LarryR
LareeRudee is offline Find More Posts by LareeRudee
Old Jun 22, 2005, 11:49 AM
Outcast outlaw
Joined Aug 2004
6,601 Posts
LOL -- I apologize... Truth be told, I'm one of those "other people" who complain to GWS about the orange prop color. If you search that dedicated thread, you'll probably see my posts.

Again, I apologize. I'm trying to not give "knee jerk" reactions these days -- it's one of my many shortcomings...