HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Michael Heer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 05, 2007, 09:42 AM
RC is Lekker!
Johnson City, TN
Joined Feb 2004
879 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guapoman2000
Thanks for those kind words....I am reviving my GWS Mustang "SUE" and she will fly with the same power setup, RX etc......

Gerry flew his RED BULL at Moon Port Modelers RC Club in Titusville, Florida, a super nice Club with just the best RC Membership you could find.
Very cool, Carlos. I currently have only one GWS plane in my stable. The Formosa that you remember, but I have upgraded to a Park400. I also have a Typhoon 3D, E-flite Jenny, and E-flite E-Stick right now. And of course the Hydrofoam, but it is looking pretty rough.

I have been flying here at a park in the mountains next to a lake. It is amazing! I will have to take some photos of it today if I can.
nitroaddict is offline Find More Posts by nitroaddict
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 05, 2007, 02:52 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,213 Posts
The Red Bull looks great Carlos!

Here's a couple of the A-10 I just finished, plus a few in-flight shots. We managed to get one with both me and my friend in the air together. They almost look real, like hunters on the prowl.

Pat
crxmanpat is online now Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Jul 05, 2007, 05:26 PM
slippy slimey
oklahoma
Joined Nov 2004
1,769 Posts
I so wanna build an a-10 but everyone is out of slope glider kits
booger is offline Find More Posts by booger
Old Jul 05, 2007, 05:33 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,213 Posts
booger,

Epyaya has some painted NPS kits if you're willing to repaint. I guess it all depends on how bad you want one. I was luck and found an SG kit at my LHS on sale for $30.

Pat
Old Jul 05, 2007, 05:36 PM
slippy slimey
oklahoma
Joined Nov 2004
1,769 Posts
was really lookin for the white one I hate the gws paint.can't see paying 12 bucks more for some paint
Old Jul 05, 2007, 06:34 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,213 Posts
Yeah, I hear ya. I hope they get on the ball and get some more of the older SG kits back in stock with the distributors. Lots of new flyers are discovering (or rediscovering, I need another Zero ) the older GWS warbirds. It seems everyone is now out of stock. You have to go to every LHS in your area to see if you can get lucky.

Pat
Old Jul 05, 2007, 06:42 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
I called Toby (dogon1013) and he met me at this Gypsy Field this afternoon at around 5:00pm and we had a blast flying my Hobby Zone Super Cub and his Brushless GWS TM400.

At a couple of times we almost had mid-airs......it was wild flying and in the light rain!!!! Did not stop us even with the thunder a couple of miles away. For those in doubt, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO FLY DURING THUNDER!! I made sure I was close to Toby in case he had a better ground than I.

Because of the large wing area...that TM400 came in just as slow as my Large Super Cub and lined up at the middle of the road with perfect Precision! My Super Cub slowed down at 1/4 throttle very nicely and low such that just a touch of rudder was needed to line her up on that road.

Toby pointed out a Very good Pond at the West side of the property such that those with park flyers with Floats can take off and land there....see pictures!!!!
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
Old Jul 05, 2007, 06:50 PM
slippy slimey
oklahoma
Joined Nov 2004
1,769 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crxmanpat
Yeah, I hear ya. I hope they get on the ball and get some more of the older SG kits back in stock with the distributors. Lots of new flyers are discovering (or rediscovering, I need another Zero ) the older GWS warbirds. It seems everyone is now out of stock. You have to go to every LHS in your area to see if you can get lucky.

Pat
already did that and some one beat me too them
Old Jul 05, 2007, 09:04 PM
100mph club member
NW O-town
Joined Jun 2005
1,653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guapoman2000
So everyone knows....TurboDriven was the one who built and painted this beauty and recently sold it to Gerry (Simano) Very nice paint job!
Good to see she's getting a nice 2nd life. I can also see she still howls like a coyote during mating season.

Edit: Corsair is sold
turbodriven is offline Find More Posts by turbodriven
Last edited by turbodriven; Jul 05, 2007 at 11:00 PM.
Old Jul 05, 2007, 10:21 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
PM Sent!
Old Jul 06, 2007, 07:24 PM
Joined Jun 2006
18 Posts
Tiger moth 400 or pt-17?

cool thread! havent had time to red through all of them (1,2,3) . I was thinking about buying either the TM 400, or the pt-17. I was going to use great planes rimfire 28-30-950 outrunner brushless with a 3s 1500 mah lipo to fly it. I was hoping you could help me decide which plane (I was leaning towards the TM). Also do you think this power system is ok or not. I am also getting floats and will be flying at a local lake, i've never flown off water before. I was also wondering if you need special paint to paint foam. Please reply soon.

Thanks alot, Justin, age 14.
Imakidwhoflies is offline Find More Posts by Imakidwhoflies
Old Jul 06, 2007, 08:01 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Justin,

I would highly recommend the TM400 as it has a more streamline Fuse and slightly sweap back wings for much better flight characteristics....believe me I know as I own the PT-17 Stearman and she has lots of drag and is not as a nice flyer as the TM400. However, if you like the looks of the PT-17 then, well get her.

Yes, indeed the RIMFIRE 28-30-950 is perfect for the TM400 and Stearman GWS models. However, for the Stearman I would select the larger diameter FIRMFIRE (one size up) for better CG balance with same Kv spec's.

Paints I would use nothing but Acylics from Wal-Mart.
Old Jul 06, 2007, 08:25 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,213 Posts
Add my vote for TM over PT17.

Pat
Old Jul 06, 2007, 08:30 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Justin,

To give you an idea of paints....and art work....

I can not take credit for this beauty of a GWS Corsair....I met a nice guy that lives in Apoka (West-North West of Orlando) and we met at the Local hobby store.....like some drug deal....I had $45.00 Cash ready in my pocket and gave it to TurboDriven.

The GWS Corsair is as I understand painted with nothing but Acrylic Paints from Wal-Mart and came with two servos + Y-Connector for the ailerons. She tips the scale at 10oz. with the two servos + Y-connector

Yes, she will be a belly lander.
Old Jul 06, 2007, 08:50 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,213 Posts
Justin,

If you scroll up to post #801, you'll see my Me-109. It was entirely hand painted using water based craft paint from Michael's, and it was masked with regular blue painters tape.

Pat