Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 04, 2005, 01:43 PM
United States, CA, Garden Grove
Joined Oct 2000
11,752 Posts
13 Yr Old Grandson Shows Me Up Yesterday

A beginng flier, he took his Sky Scooter and little plastic Cessna home in one piece. I brung my Switchback, 54" Aeronca and Dare Marionette. The Aeronca dorked in during 15mph crosswind landing. The Marionette lost power during launch, glued back together for the umpteenth time. Switchback survived. Dropped Eclipse 7 xmtr and broke top of antenna. We had a fun session anyway!!
E-Challenged is offline Find More Posts by E-Challenged
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 04, 2005, 01:54 PM
Blissfield, Michigan
Joined Apr 2005
1,100 Posts
Sorry bout that E-C but them young kids will do it every time, don't let it bother you none cause we have seen stuff that those kids could only imagine. Aint you glad you have lived through all the experiences that brought you this far? I feel lucky to have grandkids (20) At least we can get to play with the grandkids in our old age even if we can't keep up with them !!
Maineiac63 is offline Find More Posts by Maineiac63
Old May 04, 2005, 01:49 PM
Trapped in California
United States, CA, Arcadia
Joined Nov 2003
1,856 Posts
People I know have always speculated on why kids fly better. #1 reason, it is believed, is video games, which kids tend to spend more time on than adults, improving hand-eye coordination.

20 Grandkids? Congratulations! Hopefully it will be a while before I get my first!
foamflyer is offline Find More Posts by foamflyer
Old May 04, 2005, 04:04 PM
Janesville,wisconsin
Joined Apr 2005
100 Posts
im 15 and everyonce and awhile i can say i do better than my dad. But when it comes trimming out a plane he's always got me beat with his experience.

I'll bet your grandson couldn't build like you either. With all these new ARF and RTF
radbradbb2 is offline Find More Posts by radbradbb2
Old May 04, 2005, 06:52 PM
Whatever happens..Happens
Sanford, Maine, United States
Joined Aug 2004
628 Posts
there is a some on that flys in the same field as me he is a year or two younger than me(14 or 15) he flys the same plane as his father(tiger .40) and he has gotten a lot better than his father how has been flying months longer. also there is another one that is 15 and he was better than his 70 year old teacher in his 2ed month of flying.

its the video games.
jswjimmy is offline Find More Posts by jswjimmy
Old May 04, 2005, 10:03 PM
Team 3DHS
USA, CA, Garden Grove
Joined Feb 2004
690 Posts
Hey E-challenged, I noticed you live in GG, where do you fly?
RC
rcdrum is online now Find More Posts by rcdrum
Old May 05, 2005, 10:15 AM
Eat, sleep and FLY
Conway, Arkansas
Joined Dec 2002
436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Challenged
A beginng flier, he took his Sky Scooter and little plastic Cessna home in one piece.

We had a fun session anyway!!
First, be ohhhhhh sooooo glad he is interested in R/C. Do everything you can to keep him neck-deep in it. It's a great hobby which will keep him broke but smiling his entire life.

Be glad he's "better" than you are. I have a hunch Tiger is a better golfer than his dad or papaw too. Perhaps you have a future SEFF or ETOC champ-in-the-making there. Help him get there if you can.

This is why we are blessed with grandchildren. We need to steer them in the right directions. Celebrate the 'better' pilot and cheer him on.

BigDave
BigDave is offline Find More Posts by BigDave
Old May 05, 2005, 01:04 PM
United States, CA, Garden Grove
Joined Oct 2000
11,752 Posts
Grandson and dad fly at Katella HS or alternate nearby school with authorized group.I normally fly at Fairview, Costa Mesa with HSS club or out at El Toro, glow and electric. I fly once in a while at El Dorado Park, Long Beach. Most of my scale stuff requires smooth surfaces for ROG's.
E-Challenged is offline Find More Posts by E-Challenged
Old May 05, 2005, 01:21 PM
Team 3DHS
USA, CA, Garden Grove
Joined Feb 2004
690 Posts
I've been flying at Katella for over a year now, and at El Toro for almost a year. We probably have run into each other at some time. What's your grandson's name, I bet I know him,
RC
rcdrum is online now Find More Posts by rcdrum