HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 04, 2005, 08:04 AM
Joined Nov 2004
50 Posts
HET rc. Sniper VS. Rbc (haldor) mig 29

hallo i'm standing in a hard choice. should i get the mig 29 or the sniper... scale dosn't matter i want speed and a nice looking plane and i think i'm going to use minifan 480 and mega 1615/2 or /3 ?? and jeti 40adv + i want to hear about you'r migs and snipers and good and bad things about the planes and witch one who would go fastest whit the setup and i want some pic's

here is some links to the planes ! and the setup

mig 29 http://www.el-fly.dk/rbc-mig29-1.asp

sniper http://www.el-fly.dk/rbc-sniper.asp

please help me guys..

best regards// victor granath

Sweden
Granath is offline Find More Posts by Granath
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 04, 2005, 09:23 AM
EDF Head
Stavanger, Norway
Joined Feb 2000
7,999 Posts
The Sniper would most likely be the fastest EDF of those two.
The MiG29 is the cooler one

-Haldor
Haldor is offline Find More Posts by Haldor
Old Apr 04, 2005, 10:42 AM
ost
Germany
Joined Oct 2004
494 Posts
Hi,
the Sniper is a "real" jet,
the MIGs fan is on the bottom of the plane.
The Mig is a very nice plane, but when the fan is in this position, it will be better to use a prop! (I also hate cheater-holes. A real jet dont need any cheater-hole!)
The aero-design of the sniper is much better,
I have one, its an ARF, very simple and works perfekt.
Im still waiting for the Graupner Kokams.

Bye
Oliver
ost is offline Find More Posts by ost
Old Apr 04, 2005, 11:38 AM
Joined Nov 2004
50 Posts
yeah i aggre the mig 29 is the cooler one but i like SPEED some pic's maybe ? need some more adwice here... help me ?
Old Apr 04, 2005, 12:05 PM
ost
Germany
Joined Oct 2004
494 Posts
Hmmmmm,
Old Apr 04, 2005, 12:06 PM
ost
Germany
Joined Oct 2004
494 Posts
Sorry- or like this?
The Mig- cool?
And my Sniper?
Weight with Het 3W, Tsunami and 4s 3200er Kokams about 1030 gr.
Old Apr 04, 2005, 01:00 PM
smug in granny panties
NorCal Silicon Valley
Joined Aug 2002
11,778 Posts
dont forget to factor in experience. If you have a lot of flight time then a Sniper is fun, if your new to jets, or have low flight time you cant go wrong with the Mig. The Mig can be handlaunched and fly slower in smaller circuts, and is also alot more aerobatic. But if you need speed and have the space to bungee, and fly, then the Sniper is your plane. Guess it depends on what you want to do with it. I have both the Mig and a Pyranha, and think neither one should be missed as a model to have.

Oh! dont forget cells! It's possible, if the sniper is setup like the Pyranha ( I could be wrong on this) that pending on setup you run you will have to get seperate battery packs to balance the Sniper, the Mig only needs a single pack where as the setup I have in my Pyranha didnt eneable me to get a single pack in the nose, so I had to get seperate 2s packs for each side of the fuse.

Barry
monkamarm2000 is offline Find More Posts by monkamarm2000
Last edited by monkamarm2000; Apr 04, 2005 at 01:05 PM.
Old Apr 04, 2005, 02:12 PM
Joined Nov 2004
50 Posts
can the sniper be handlaunched or is it just to forgett ? and i dont need speed but i like speed and then you say that the mig is more acrobatic. the sniper would handle loops rolls etc. without problems or is i wrong ?. i'm realtive new to jet's i had one 3d foamy f18 whit edf and a couple wings.. so i dont think that's the problem i just want a nice looking jet that goes fast can be handlaunched and can take som acrobatics so is sniper my plane or should i go whith the mig 29 ??

by the way "ost" nice looking sniper . i think i go with the sniper but i will here som more from you experts first and should i go with the mega 1615/3 or 1615/2 and how is the het's arf one brushless compered to the mega ? need som help here and more pic's!

best regards victor Granath
sweden
Old Apr 04, 2005, 04:32 PM
Fly R/C writer
Redlands, Ca
Joined Dec 2004
1,885 Posts
Hi Granath,

Well, Unless you have a BIG hill to throw from along with an arm that can throw about 80-MPH, I don't think you're going to be consistently successful at handlaunching a Sniper. I fly the Alfa MiG-15 and the Sniper, and I can easily toss the MiG, but then it weighs half of what the Sniper weighs...and my Sniper is somewhat on the light side at 37 ounces. As for aerobatics, both are capable of all basic manuevers, but the MiG can do it in a bit smaller area because it can fly slower. I sure would not say it is more acrobatic, but certainly can corner in a shorter distance. If this is going to be your first, it's kind of a toss-up between the MiG 29 and the Sniper as far as difficulty, but there are other choices for a first time EDF, like the MiG 15. BTW, here is my version of the Sniper in Thunderbird colors...nice job on your version, Ost!

mlee8249
mlee8249 is online now Find More Posts by mlee8249
Old Apr 04, 2005, 09:15 PM
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Dec 2000
2,558 Posts
Quote:
The Mig is a very nice plane, but when the fan is in this position, it will be better to use a prop! (I also hate cheater-holes. A real jet dont need any cheater-hole!)
Maybe you should be flying turbine then?

"A REAL JET"

Real jets have landing gear....HAA!

Quote:
i just want a nice looking jet that goes fast can be handlaunched and can take som acrobatics so is sniper my plane or should i go whith the mig 29 ??
For what you describe above I would say the Mig29.

Ted
TGoodwin is offline Find More Posts by TGoodwin
Last edited by TGoodwin; Apr 04, 2005 at 10:30 PM.
Old Apr 04, 2005, 10:34 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2002
1,034 Posts
Why not both? They're both very economical. While one is recharging, fly the other. They're both too cool to not have.

Rob
NCC-1701 is offline Find More Posts by NCC-1701
Old Apr 04, 2005, 11:57 PM
Joined Nov 2004
50 Posts
yeah i know in the end i'l probly have both but i have a dealer here in sweden who have a sniper for sale so i think i go with the sniper..
mor pic's

best regard's //victor Granath
Old Apr 05, 2005, 12:15 AM
Suspended Account
Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2004
1,836 Posts
HET rc. Sniper VS. Rbc (haldor) mig 29

Is that a challange for a dog fight???

Well I got the Mig and i love it, If i had the coin i would also get me a Sniper, but i'm in the middle of building the F-35 and a couple of other Projects, and I still have to get around to my F-15 and Twin Midi A-10.

Gene.
kriptonic is offline Find More Posts by kriptonic
Old Apr 05, 2005, 01:32 AM
smug in granny panties
NorCal Silicon Valley
Joined Aug 2002
11,778 Posts
granath, yes the Sniper will do rolls and such, but at greater speeds and with less frequency as speed goes down, where as the Mig does it almost till stall. Really it's Apples and Oranges, but if you want hand toss then it has to be the Mig.

Barry
monkamarm2000 is offline Find More Posts by monkamarm2000
Old Apr 05, 2005, 04:41 AM
Van Nuys
Joined Mar 2004
1,048 Posts
you also might want to try out kevin's baby! I can tell you from first hand it flies superb!
demetrius is offline Find More Posts by demetrius