HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 31, 2002, 10:05 PM
Minnesota USA
Joined Oct 2001
82 Posts
Look Ma! No Pieces!

Had an excellent night with the Tiger Moth tonight!
Saw the wind had died and decided to head to the ball diamond across the street and give it another try. A little background, I have flown the Moth at least a half dozen times up until now and have always come home with something to occupy my time for a while (broken wing, motor mount stick, cowl, etc.)
This is the first time I came home with no repairs!
I think I am catching on.
Even with repairs to do always came home with a smile on my face! And repairs usually didn't amount to too much( a little epoxy)
This is one of the funnest hobbies I have tried!
Thanks GWS!
E-Minn is offline Find More Posts by E-Minn
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 31, 2002, 10:40 PM
small electrics r BIG FUN
Iowa
Joined Aug 2000
4,317 Posts
Congrats ! It really is a fun plane . Looks like you could use a set of skis for your Moth.

Al
Al P is offline Find More Posts by Al P
Old Mar 31, 2002, 10:53 PM
HobbyKing
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong
Joined Apr 2001
4,507 Posts
Congrats, you are now officially hooked.

Unfortunatly you are going to want more planes. This means you have to go to the hobby shop and buy them. This just totally messes up the inventory and the bank account at the hobby shop.

Your kids will be like "Dad, will you take us to school" Then you reply "Sure, now this school you speak of, does it have an airpl.........er uh.........soccer field."

Your driving will also suffer. You'll be swerving all over the road looking at possible flying sites. Even worse will be seeing people flying and trying to get the car stopped fast enough so you can go shoot the breeze with them.

All nighters will become a common occurance the night before a fly-in.

On the plus side, your wallet will be a lot lighter. No more carrying around all that money that I know we all have lying around.

Life will generally be better.

--Paul
Paul Susbauer is offline Find More Posts by Paul Susbauer
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 31, 2002, 10:56 PM
Minnesota USA
Joined Oct 2001
82 Posts
Just a little of winters last stand.
Goal posts, chain link fences and backstops have given me more grief than the snow.
E-Minn is offline Find More Posts by E-Minn