HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 03, 2005, 09:23 AM
Florida
Joined Nov 2004
6,614 Posts
Hummingbird Elite fixed pitch blade question.

Will the Century semi symmetrical wood blades work on this heli? I would assume they would since the pitch is adjustable. Has anyone tried these? How many degrees of pitch would it take? I am looking to increase the head speed for stability. I have already tried Like 90's.. They like to wobble.
Greybird is offline Find More Posts by Greybird
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 03, 2005, 03:22 PM
veni,vidi, roto volubilis
Aberdeen, Scotland
Joined Jul 2003
6,926 Posts
i'm sure they would work but you will need longer threaded inserts for the pitch links as they don't allow much adjustment as standard. have you balanced your Like90 blades for CofG and on the head? as this is the most common cause of wobble

phil
Happy|Harry is offline Find More Posts by Happy|Harry
Old Apr 03, 2005, 03:30 PM
Florida
Joined Nov 2004
6,614 Posts
How much additional adjustment do you think I would need? I have not balanced the Like 90's on the rotor head. They have caused me a lot of grief, and are retired for now. Do you have any experience with Carbon Fiber blades and forward flight?
Greybird is offline Find More Posts by Greybird
Old Apr 03, 2005, 06:30 PM
veni,vidi, roto volubilis
Aberdeen, Scotland
Joined Jul 2003
6,926 Posts
i'm not sure tbh, but i could just get enough adjustment for my FP woodies, and they have the pitch already built into the blade root!, with zero pitch root blades like the semi's you'd need quite a lot more threaded material between the ball links than is available

phil
Happy|Harry is offline Find More Posts by Happy|Harry