HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 05, 2005, 04:44 AM
Springfield Capitol, Illinois, United States
Joined Jun 2004
25 Posts
www.slofly.com has motor mount tube look at the sight and see if it is what you need. Look under burshless parts on the menu. lol Jim
hagus is offline Find More Posts by hagus
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2005, 06:02 AM
John 3:16
Dom. Rep.
Joined May 2003
3,825 Posts
Here is a direct link to the page you want: http://slofly.com/cart/index.php?cPath=0_23_46_53
Daddy-O
*EDIT* BTW, gobrushless.com also sells a mount for their motors. They are here: http://www.gobrushless.com/ccp51/cgi...ef=accessories
Daddy-O is offline Find More Posts by Daddy-O
Old Oct 05, 2005, 08:08 AM
Heli's rule!
Midvale, Utah, USA
Joined Mar 2005
8,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LareeRudee
is that the same plane in the other photo???
Heh no, the first one was a fat beech, but I couldnt get it to fly right, so i scraped it and made another STC, which is whats in the second photo and does great with this motor
I cant imagine why they would only give you 1/16" for mounting, I suggest your either email the GB people or post in the GB forums for help ith that one, since I havent done a GB motor (YET)
dacaur is online now Find More Posts by dacaur
Old Oct 05, 2005, 09:43 AM
Souderton Pa.
Joined Dec 2004
695 Posts
Larry

I have never done this but have seen people use brass bullett cartridges to mount onto the back of the motor and zip tie to the stick mount. If you go to GB site I believe there is a photo of this kind of mount. I think I heard they are SKS brass. Again I think they epoxy the shell to the motor.

HTHs
thumbs1 is offline Find More Posts by thumbs1
Old Oct 05, 2005, 10:08 AM
Joined Sep 2004
2,744 Posts
spent cartridge casings......

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumbs1
Larry
I have never done this but have seen people use brass bullett cartridges to mount onto the back of the motor and zip tie to the stick mount. If you go to GB site I believe there is a photo of this kind of mount. I think I heard they are SKS brass. Again I think they epoxy the shell to the motor.
HTHs
Ha, you're right, but in reading these threads (don't remember WHERE) but the cartridge fell off (got "Unglued" or sumpin') in flight........ so I'll probably try the copper tube trick NOW THAT I KNOW what the SCHEMES are, ha........ I sure have my troubles.

Thanks for the thoughts, and if anybody else has tried this, let us know, ok??

LarryR
LareeRudee is offline Find More Posts by LareeRudee
Old Oct 05, 2005, 10:11 AM
Joined Sep 2004
2,744 Posts
since this is my FIRST.............

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacaur
..............I cant imagine why they would only give you 1/16" for mounting, I suggest your either email the GB people or post in the GB forums for help ith that one, since I havent done a GB motor (YET)
Remember, this is my first, I'll hafta get my camera going and learn to post for OTHER peoples benefit, too........... but I MIGHT BE WRONG........... but presently it SEEEEMS that there will be very little to attach to...... it'll take me a few days to get deeper into it, but I'll let you know so that I DON'T UNFAIRLY criticize any manufacturer............. I'll let you all know later.

Thanks again for all the help.
LarryR
Old Oct 05, 2005, 10:20 AM
Joined Sep 2004
2,744 Posts
Tubing mount; set screw

hagas, daddy-o, that SloFly tube mount looks like what dacaur was "leading me" towards, so I just might do that..... because I like the locking set screw idea, and don't exactly know HOW GBx mount works......

ha, 3.99 is alot, but it might take more gas money to FIND ME a $1.00 piece of copper tubing that works, and it WON'T have a set screw.........

of course, I've got to resolve the issue of "do I have enough 'meat' to grip with the set screw", but I can't imagine there NOT being enough).... hmmmm

Thanks again for everybody's help.

LarryR
Old Oct 05, 2005, 12:19 PM
It Wasn't Me!!!!
Joined Feb 2005
821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LareeRudee
I've got to resolve the issue of "do I have enough 'meat' to grip with the set screw", but I can't imagine there NOT being enough).... hmmmm

LarryR
Meat with a screw and Epoxy too
C-YA RL
InspectorGadget is offline Find More Posts by InspectorGadget
Old Oct 05, 2005, 06:59 PM
Closed Account
Joined Mar 2005
98 Posts
Eagle STC Trainer ready for take-off

This STC completes my ST squadron. Thanks WaterDog for FREE build guide and plans.
I really like building these planes. I first built the STS, then the ST and now this trainer.
I plan on using this plane to teach my God Son to fly. He's only 5 now and that will give me time to get really good at flying.

I'll put this one to the wind as soon as I get the backorder of chrystals for receiver.
Eagle-Eye is offline Find More Posts by Eagle-Eye
Old Oct 05, 2005, 07:59 PM
Joined Sep 2004
2,744 Posts
Quick, tell us your setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle-Eye
This STC completes my ST squadron. Thanks WaterDog for FREE build guide and plans. ...............
what motor, prop, and battery are you using; ESC tooooo.

Good Luck,
keep us informed
LarryR
Old Oct 05, 2005, 07:59 PM
Heli's rule!
Midvale, Utah, USA
Joined Mar 2005
8,664 Posts
Here is my latest STC... The stc was my first plane, first build, and I didnt know how important weight was, it ended up at 14 ounces, and I had a dual IPS for power... needless to say it wasnt exactly a floater or a good performer.... After than I moved on and made a park shark, it turned out lighter but I had to add an ounce and a half of lead to the nose for it to balance, it was an awsome trainer but couldnt do loops so i moved on, Now Im back to the STC... notice no landing gear, I had one but it added too much weight and didnt really help out, in fact it caused me to bend a motor shaft, even with a prop saver... The place I fly is grass and dirt, obviously cant land on the grass, but the dirt is more tempting, unfortunatly its not hard packed, so almost every time I tried to land it would nose over, getting dirt in the motor and eventualy bending the shaft... So I took it off. With the landing gear I could do one loop if I dived first, without the landing gear I can loop from level flight, and keep looping till i get sick of it Anyway, the current STC has a BP-12, Thunderbird 18, 1200Mah 2 cell Lipo, GWS pico RX and 9 gram servos... Total is about 10.5 OZ (1:1 power:weight with this motor)
dacaur is online now Find More Posts by dacaur
Old Oct 05, 2005, 08:13 PM
Joined Sep 2004
2,744 Posts
Quote:
Here is my latest STC... The stc was my first plane, first build, .................................Total is about 10.5 OZ (1:1 power:weight with this motor)[.............]
Hey, this photo is great........... have you considered posting on THIS site, too???

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...55#post4406939

It's a site to "model your model"............... planes w/humans......... oh, there IS a comotion going on there right now, but some nice, good, decent photos would be welcome right now; the time is RIGHT..................

Oh, did i ask you for your "setup"?

REGARDS,
LarryR
Old Oct 05, 2005, 08:16 PM
Joined Sep 2004
2,744 Posts
ok I see your setup

Quote:
Here is my latest STC... The stc was my first plane, first build, and I didnt know how important weight was, it ended up at 14 ounces, and I had a dual IPS for power... .............................. Anyway, the current STC has a BP-12, Thunderbird 18, 1200Mah 2 cell Lipo, GWS pico RX and 9 gram servos... Total is about 10.5 OZ (1:1 power:weight with this motor)
If you've read the past posts of my "dilemma" you might understand why I might ask for a "closeup" of your motor, gearbox, etc, ATTACHMENT to the plane.................

And did I say that the model HOLDING your model seems like a VERY nice "sweetie".......... I'm gonna hafta get one of my grandaughters to pose. Thanks,
LarryR
Old Oct 05, 2005, 10:16 PM
Crash and burn
Colorado
Joined Aug 2005
8 Posts
Hey LareeRudee,
Did you ever find the Bluecore you were looking for? The Lowes in Louisville, CO had plenty about 6 weeks ago. I drove up from Pueblo because I wanted an STC real bad. I have it built, but i've only flown it twice. The wind is non-stop down here. Guess all I can do is build another and hope for a day without wind sometime soon.

Shaner
shaner3 is offline Find More Posts by shaner3
Old Oct 05, 2005, 10:30 PM
Joined Sep 2004
2,744 Posts
Finding BluCore at Louisville

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaner3
Hey LareeRudee, Did you ever find the Bluecore you were looking for? The Lowes in Louisville, CO had plenty about 6 weeks ago. I drove up from Pueblo because I wanted an STC real bad. I have it built, but i've only flown it twice. The wind is non-stop down here. Guess all I can do is build another and hope for a day without wind sometime soon.Shaner
Yip, most Lowes don't even know what I/we are talking about......... but FINALLY found a way to FIND a way on the Lowes site; all trial and error; trying EVERYONE that is close(est) to me.......... and then ASKING if they have it, and WOW.......... Louisville had/has it.

Went and got a bundle; odd you should ask now......... I'm kinda discouraged, but going ahead with it, it is SO beat up (hand picked a bundle) and SQUEEZED at edges due to wrapping, and after OPENING, it is WAVY............ photos don't show that, is it just MY bundle, or how do we deal with it............. Just choose flattest spots???????? and the sheets are not what I'D CALL FLAT................ man, I wonder how to UN do some dihedral (curving dihedral) etc............. well, I'm a little discouraged, but am planning to cut out two of them; one for me and one for my son (44) for his Oct 31 birthday. (also a Kat foamie, have you seen them?????)........ but THIS should be a piece of cake....... just wondering how all this wavy stuff and bent stuff and etc has been dealt with; man, I never saw THAT mentioned on the whole forum..........

OK, long wided here; but i got it, am planning on doing IT and more, and WILL post pics and results.

What have you done lately........ posting anything??? I'll hafta double check to answer my own queiston.......

oh, did you see all of my questions for mounting GB BL???? ha, I'm STILL not quite there, but think I've been given a lot of good ideas.

thanks for asking,
LarryR