HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 31, 2002, 12:28 AM
San Jose, CA.
Joined Jan 2002
903 Posts
Any flying area and hobby shops in Elk Grove, CA??

I'm planning on moving to Elk Grove, CA from San Jose within a year and was wondering if there are any flying fields in the Elk Grove area, and how about Hobby Shops?

Thanks
ferradas is offline Find More Posts by ferradas
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 31, 2002, 11:28 AM
WattNaught
Sacramento, CA, USA
Joined Aug 2000
280 Posts
Welcome to the Sacramento area! I think you'll like it.

There is a complete hobby shop in Sacramento, RC Country on 61st and Folsom Blvd. Lot's of E-stuff! And knowledgable folks, too. Ask for Gary or Terry.

Flying fields -- let's see -- there's one in Lodi right off of 99, just north of Kettleman Drive. Mostly glow folks. You can see it from the freeway. Don't know too much about it tho.

SAMS is close to you off of Sunrise and Florin.

Mather is another and is about three miles from SAMs. Both of these are mostly glow, but they have lots of e-flyers.
Davis, CA is the site for the Sac. Valley Soaring Society. Electric and sailplanes only. Nice site, but no pavement landing strip if that's important to you.

Sorry, I don't have the URLs, but a quick trip to RC Country will get you their addresses and phone numbers. Or maybe another ezoner has them.

Happy Landings.
R. Green is offline Find More Posts by R. Green
Old Mar 31, 2002, 12:12 PM
San Jose, CA.
Joined Jan 2002
903 Posts
Thanks for the info, I would mostly be intersted in the sailplane and electric field because I'm into sailplanes. I'll make sure I visit that hobby shop when I go visit , thanks.
ferradas is offline Find More Posts by ferradas
Old Apr 01, 2002, 12:38 AM
WattNaught
Sacramento, CA, USA
Joined Aug 2000
280 Posts
When you go to RC Country, ask for Terry. He's a top competitor at the SVSS and can give you more info. I also think the club meets at the hobby shop once a month.

Happy Landings.
R. Green is offline Find More Posts by R. Green