HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 31, 2005, 04:48 PM
guillows basher!!
Pittsburgh Allegheny, Pennsylvania, United States
Joined Feb 2004
962 Posts
Need A High Speed Aero Platform For A Mf-480

any and all ideas welcome,i plan on using a mf-480,mega 16/15/3 and a tp-3s2p-4200(cause thats what i got) i was looking at the s-sniper,but want to see if theres any other suggestions.

thanks,john
esb-help is online now Find More Posts by esb-help
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 31, 2005, 08:28 PM
Watts the Point
KY,USA
Joined Jul 2004
1,866 Posts
Anything "High Speed" is probably need either more volts or less turns.
netmechanic is offline Find More Posts by netmechanic
Old Mar 31, 2005, 08:41 PM
East of Lewiston, ID, USA
Joined Mar 2005
12 Posts
How fast are you trying to go??

Nathan
Nathan Wright is offline Find More Posts by Nathan Wright
Old Mar 31, 2005, 10:16 PM
Flamin' BB4U
Chandler,Az
Joined Nov 2004
58 Posts
Can you you tell me waht other components your using in your power
system such as BEC and/or Ubec?

Thanks,
Dave
Checksix! is offline Find More Posts by Checksix!
Old Mar 31, 2005, 11:32 PM
smug in granny panties
NorCal Silicon Valley
Joined Aug 2002
11,779 Posts
not enough volts for anything too big but what about a Wattage Turbo Vector? The cells might be a tad heavy for a Sabre of Mig, but might be able to be slid into a Vector, I know I ran some CP1300's in a Turbo Hawk and they fit. The 3T in the Wattage fan works quite well too, especially on those volts. Then to upgrade it a tad get a Kyosho rotor from Tower Hobbies and turn it down and drop it in. You'd be amazed how fast those things get.

Barry
monkamarm2000 is offline Find More Posts by monkamarm2000
Old Apr 01, 2005, 04:27 AM
guillows basher!!
Joined Feb 2004
962 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Wright
How fast are you trying to go??

Nathan
90-100 WOULD SUFFICE, but i want all i can get out of the setup,i understand a mf has its limits with the 3t and tp pack,thats why i'm looking for a simple light airframe too push around,bungee launch is okay.
Old Apr 01, 2005, 04:29 AM
guillows basher!!
Joined Feb 2004
962 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checksix!
Can you you tell me waht other components your using in your power
system such as BEC and/or Ubec?

Thanks,
Dave
i have a cc-45 esc with bec
Old Apr 01, 2005, 04:35 AM
guillows basher!!
Joined Feb 2004
962 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkamarm2000
not enough volts for anything too big but what about a Wattage Turbo Vector? The cells might be a tad heavy for a Sabre of Mig, but might be able to be slid into a Vector, I know I ran some CP1300's in a Turbo Hawk and they fit. The 3T in the Wattage fan works quite well too, especially on those volts. Then to upgrade it a tad get a Kyosho rotor from Tower Hobbies and turn it down and drop it in. You'd be amazed how fast those things get.

Barry
i do'nt want to buy another fan,+ i've had bad luck with the ky rotors breaking on not so soft belly landings i was thinking maybe something on the line of a bobcat type airframe for this setup,like on ejf,but howbout i put the mf in the 23" model
Old Apr 01, 2005, 05:54 AM
smug in granny panties
NorCal Silicon Valley
Joined Aug 2002
11,779 Posts
you will have a hard time hitting C/G on the small version. And go for a turbo hawk then, it comes with the fan and the fan is safe on top. and Im telling you it's very! fast with that setup

Barry
monkamarm2000 is offline Find More Posts by monkamarm2000
Old Apr 01, 2005, 06:14 AM
guillows basher!!
Joined Feb 2004
962 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkamarm2000
you will have a hard time hitting C/G on the small version. And go for a turbo hawk then, it comes with the fan and the fan is safe on top. and Im telling you it's very! fast with that setup

Barry
thanks barry,i think for now i'll get the s-sniper,i'll play around with some designs and maybe scratch a airframe out in the future
Old Apr 01, 2005, 07:21 AM
Bath, SW, UK
Joined Jan 2004
540 Posts
With a mega 3t on 3s2p the super sniper will not perform anywhere near your expectations. More volts or get a mega 2t for it. IMO its not worth spending the money on a nice kit and using your setup. It just won't perform anywhere near what your looking for.
sibstar is offline Find More Posts by sibstar
Old Apr 01, 2005, 07:39 AM
Racine, WI AMA# 809291
Joined Nov 2003
5,856 Posts
I'm not trying to push someones product here, but take a look at Dynamo Electrics HET-Rc Sniper ad. There is a video of the Sniper flying at 185 kph which works out to about 120 mph. (If my math is right) HET-Rc Sniper

As you go a little further down the ad, there is a link to a single post in the RC Groups Sniper thread from the planes developer describing the power system in the jet when the video was shot. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...3&postcount=73

for the Mega 3T you need a 4S however the 16/15/x series is factory rated up to 55K rpm so you could in theory run a 5S pack with the 3 Turn motor.
RCParkflyer is offline Find More Posts by RCParkflyer