HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 29, 2005, 05:21 PM
Big Pimpin
Washington DC area
Joined Mar 2005
50 Posts
Flying with your Dog is not always a good idea.

Aaargh and Grrr. My stupid dog. Well I just got back from the field with the TX only. The darn dog wouldn't stop harassing these guys playing soccer (he has a big soccer ball obsession). I tried to bring the plane down on the ground so I could go grab him and glided the ABX gently down into the field lights. Grrrreat.

I hate you so much dog (actually he's a great dog when he's not around soccer balls).
Pimpster is offline Find More Posts by Pimpster
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 29, 2005, 05:41 PM
OCD: Old, Cranky and Disgusted
United States, TX, Sweetwater
Joined Mar 2005
1,593 Posts
At least he didn't think the plane was a chewy toy!

I have a large park, just behind my home. I went out back, today, with my E-powered Goldberg Eaglet 50. Whilst flying off the battery, my dear, sweet ones jumped the fence, and galumphed up to see what "Daddy" was doing. About this time, the timer starts beeping. Hmmmnnnn..... Where to land, and keep the puppies at bay?

Was interesting!
challenger_i is online now Find More Posts by challenger_i
Old Mar 29, 2005, 05:42 PM
Twist n' Shout!
Joined Nov 2004
1,484 Posts
hey man, well its not your dogs fault..but the pilots..should think twice..Besides the ABX can take some abuse ..dogs arent stupid, people are.
Matt Dziubinski is offline Find More Posts by Matt Dziubinski
Old Mar 29, 2005, 07:04 PM
RC Geek
United States, NJ, Stanhope
Joined Dec 2004
813 Posts
Was flying in a small park near our home on Sunday afternoon, and a couple had a few puppies which were off leash and running around. Actually they weren't really running around until the plane got into the air. It was actually kind of funny, but being new I was worried I would crash into the puppies.

They finally lost interest and went back to Mom and Dad which gave me a chance to land lol.

-Scott
Scott_NJ is offline Find More Posts by Scott_NJ
Old Mar 30, 2005, 08:51 AM
Toronto, Ontario
Joined Feb 2005
320 Posts
Pimpster, a little training goes a long way! My other hobby...schutzhund. Look it up.
experimental_pil is offline Find More Posts by experimental_pil
Old Mar 30, 2005, 10:46 AM
Newton, NJ
Joined May 2003
1,884 Posts
Aw, c'mon dogs and planes are fun! Watch the video in my gallery .
BuzzBomber is offline Find More Posts by BuzzBomber
Old Mar 30, 2005, 10:49 AM
Big Pimpin
Washington DC area
Joined Mar 2005
50 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duber
hey man, well its not your dogs fault..but the pilots..should think twice..Besides the ABX can take some abuse ..dogs arent stupid, people are.

Nope I'm pretty sure it was ALL the dog's fault. Couldn't have been me. Hell, I've never made a mistake learnign to fly these planes...... NEVER.

(please note the sarcasm, here)

As far as training, I'm with you. He won't cross the street without permission (even if there's another dog), listens very well to everything, EXCEPT when it comes to soccerballs. Then training goes out the window. Will need to work on some specific "ignore the soccerball" drills.
Old Mar 30, 2005, 11:40 AM
Just "PLANE" crazy
Chennai, India
Joined Dec 2003
1,214 Posts
If your dog chases your plane and lasts longer then its stime to put in those Lipos...
Ps for my dog it's basket balls...
Spy king is offline Find More Posts by Spy king
Old Mar 30, 2005, 12:21 PM
Deletedfor proving Nauga wrong
Joined Mar 2005
15,855 Posts
Umm.. this is why they make ropes.. and your car has a bumper. Then the dog stays where you put him.
fhhuber506771 is offline Find More Posts by fhhuber506771
Old Mar 30, 2005, 03:18 PM
Joined Nov 2004
94 Posts
Next time just take the cat with you .. they generally don't show any interest in RC aircraft.. or large balls.. or people ..and will normally be so traumatized from the ride in the car you won't beable to get them out from under the seat, so they won't be any trouble..

sorry couldn't resist..
Person_X is offline Find More Posts by Person_X
Old Mar 30, 2005, 04:10 PM
Big Pimpin
Washington DC area
Joined Mar 2005
50 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhhuber506771
Umm.. this is why they make ropes.. and your car has a bumper. Then the dog stays where you put him.
The dog stays where you put him assuming the car doesn't move!
For some reason, this really reminds me of National Lampoon's Vacation.

All in all I love being able to take the dog with me, but I definitely learned a lesson here. My bro's dog (great dane) is tons of fun with the plane because he chases it, but my dog just chills (assuming no soccerballs).
Old Mar 30, 2005, 07:11 PM
Louisville KY
Joined Oct 2004
1,069 Posts
Our cats steal my wing hold-down rubber bands and I found a battery under the piano once. Other than that they show no interest in the planes.

I command the dog to sit when I have the wing off a plane at the Park so he doesn't step or lie down on it. Oh, and I take a plastic shopping bag along in case he *****
podavis is offline Find More Posts by podavis
Old Mar 30, 2005, 07:21 PM
Deletedfor proving Nauga wrong
Joined Mar 2005
15,855 Posts
My cats...

Chew sevo leads off servos if I set them down in reach and look away for 5 seconds... I was installing a NEW RX in a plane.. and the cat rushed up and bit the antanna off of it (left me 2 inches... yea.. that works.. NOT..)

Anything they can knock off a tabel hits the floor. Lamps.. trophies... they tried to knock off the 19 inch TV! (darn near got it too... BIG cats..)

Anyone want a cat-skin rug?
fhhuber506771 is offline Find More Posts by fhhuber506771
Old Mar 30, 2005, 07:55 PM
build, fly, crash, repeat ...
Oregon
Joined Jan 2004
1,923 Posts
I got a black Lab that I take flying with me ....well did anyway, the last time I took her with me, she steped smack dab in the middle of the fuse on my park flyer and broke it, snapped it clean in half.

my dogs perfectly happy as long as she's got her tennis ball and someone to throw it
she steped on my plane when she was bringing me her tennis ball to throw
Stuart Linfoot is offline Find More Posts by Stuart Linfoot
Old Mar 30, 2005, 09:59 PM
S.A.D. member
United States, TX, Round Rock
Joined Dec 2004
9,391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhhuber506771
My cats...

Anyone want a cat-skin rug?
Are these YOUR cats? Or maybe they are your significant other's cats?
ivanc is offline Find More Posts by ivanc
RCG Plus Member