HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 30, 2005, 05:58 PM
All times are GMT
United States, OR, Florence
Joined Mar 2004
1,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by target
Isn't the 1.5m "bird" at SUSA pretty much the same as the 1.5<> Epslon, AKA "Sixty"?

T
Yes,.. This is a pic of my Epsilon 1.5 ,.. And heres the specifications http://www.nesail.com/detail.php?productID=2939
wackyd is offline Find More Posts by wackyd
Last edited by wackyd; Mar 30, 2005 at 07:18 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 04, 2005, 01:30 PM
Confirmed Chronic
Pacific Palisades, CA
Joined Jul 2004
9,218 Posts
FYI - they quoted me $35 for FedEx ground shipping of a 2m Spider to Los Angeles. Not bad.
screamin' eagle is offline Find More Posts by screamin' eagle
Old Apr 04, 2005, 05:13 PM
Thermal Wrangler
Launceston Tasmania
Joined Mar 2004
2,080 Posts
Ground Shipping

Ground shipping...that's a wait of up to 10 weeks for delivery

Esprit quoted $75 to deliver to Australia. Which, all things considered, is close to buying it direct from mobimodeli.

I'm looking at around $520AUS delivered ($400US). Which is still agreeable to my credit card.

Chris.
DrFragnasty is offline Find More Posts by DrFragnasty
Old Apr 04, 2005, 05:18 PM
Confirmed Chronic
Pacific Palisades, CA
Joined Jul 2004
9,218 Posts
Fed Ex ground is typically 5 days within the US, so it isn't bad.
Old Apr 04, 2005, 05:35 PM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,425 Posts
Hopefully it would be much quicker; it's only down in OC, if you're talking about HobbyClub.

T
target is offline Find More Posts by target
Old Apr 04, 2005, 05:39 PM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by target
Hopefully it would be much quicker; it's only down in OC, if you're talking about HobbyClub.

T

Ahhh,
My Bad!

I always get Espritmodel and HobbyClub mixed up, Sorry.

T
Old Apr 04, 2005, 10:13 PM
Pompano Hill Flyers
United States, FL, Plantation
Joined Sep 2001
1,108 Posts
Just received a Spider from Espritmodel today. Looks great, carbon and Keylar fuse.
Very thin wing with lots of carbon. Looks like a winner.

Mike
mfwilliams is offline Find More Posts by mfwilliams
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 08-16-14
Old Apr 04, 2005, 10:47 PM
DS JUNKY
DA VALLEY, CA
Joined Jun 2004
1,445 Posts
Mike how is the full flying horizontal stabalizer/elevator setup on that. Does it have a beefy spar to hold it onto the tail? Is the tail prett solid? Does the bell crank look like it has some good torque? I'm thinking about buying one of these mass balancing all the controls and span loading the wing so I can DS it. I'm hoping to go at least 180 with all that. Do you think the tail is stiff enough for that?
Z06kal is offline Find More Posts by Z06kal
Old Apr 05, 2005, 02:29 AM
Frigate
Haiku,Hawaii
Joined Dec 2004
272 Posts
I bought an X Race 2.08m from Airtech about a month ago.
Of course right after I bought it, a thread comes out on where to get a cheaper one closer to home.
I paid $440.00 , but thats with shipping to Hawaii.(everything costs more here).Even at that price I am still quite happy with the quality.This is a nice plane.
DSing?, no I don't think so, it is a little on the lite side.The hardware on the elevator is sturdy, but I wouldn't want to take this thing to 150.Still it looks like its going to be a fun plane.
kawika is offline Find More Posts by kawika
Old Apr 05, 2005, 07:08 AM
Thermal Wrangler
Launceston Tasmania
Joined Mar 2004
2,080 Posts
Build thread Mike! <everybody> Build Thread, Buikd Thread, Build Thread! ;0)
DrFragnasty is offline Find More Posts by DrFragnasty
Old Apr 05, 2005, 07:16 AM
Madrid, Spain
Joined Sep 2004
229 Posts
Hi all,

I bought the X'Race 2.50 a year ago and, although it's the same machine for all vendors (Spider - Tun Modellbau, or Top Light Ultra - Franken Modellbau), the accesories and instructions are different from one "distribution" to another.

My X'Race (from Airtech) came with full instructions and settings, ballast tube, servo covers, horns and pushrods, but Top Light Ultra comes with NOTHING of it.

Here you have my X'Race thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=271839

I have LOTS of photographs of it and its building, if somebody is interested.

Regards,

Al.
Alvaro Silgado is online now Find More Posts by Alvaro Silgado
Old Apr 05, 2005, 09:34 AM
Bro
Southern California
Joined Feb 2003
1,931 Posts
Epsilon=Bird????

Hello all:
Just to clarify..... The Epsilon/Sixty is NOT the Bird. The bird is a different model, from a different source. IN your hands, it would be very clear...

Happy Landings!
Bob
Bro is offline Find More Posts by Bro
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 05, 2005, 10:45 AM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro
Hello all:
Just to clarify..... The Epsilon/Sixty is NOT the Bird. The bird is a different model, from a different source. IN your hands, it would be very clear...

Happy Landings!
Bob

Bob,
Sorry for my starting any mis-understanding; they looked similar to me from the pics. It would be much easier to see the differences side-by-side.
Target
Old Apr 05, 2005, 11:47 AM
DS JUNKY
DA VALLEY, CA
Joined Jun 2004
1,445 Posts
Kawika well how stiff is that tail? Is it real flexy when you put any pressure on the horizontal/vertical? You would be amazed if you saw the homebrew plane I pulled 200mph with. Of course it didn't survive that pass but HEY . I'm not worried about the wing folding cause I'm going to put 2lbs in each wing tip. Going to fully mass balance the horizontal so it doesn't flutter. But my only concern is how the tail will take the turbulance of the sheer. If its pretty stiff it will be okay but if its real flimsy just yanking on it with your hands then that will be the first to fail.
Z06kal is offline Find More Posts by Z06kal
Old Apr 05, 2005, 12:04 PM
Confirmed Chronic
Pacific Palisades, CA
Joined Jul 2004
9,218 Posts
From what I've read, the Epsilon/X'Race series are built more with an eye toward minimizing weight/wingloading than stoutness. For the price of the Spider, though, I'd risk it. Looks like a great deal.

EDIT - Wow! I just checked the site again and prices have gone UP! Spider is now $359!