HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Eddie P, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 07, 2011, 11:17 AM
Watt Waster
Joined Oct 2010
1,850 Posts
Favorite Pusher Design and ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxmanpat View Post
Why yes, yes it [website] is [mine]. (which is why I said I'm biased ) Pat
Rightly so! If I had my own website to sell pusher propeller in a slot jet kits, I would be biased as ..., well you know. I suppose if I had to choose a favorite pusher design, it would be quick and easy to build, required very few parts, and could be used as a test bed for all sorts of ideas, gear, and upgrades. I would also want the design to be scaleable, meaning I can make it bigger or smaller to fit the environment, as in indoor or outdoor. The only design I know of that fits each of those requirements is a wing, as in flying wing. The way I build a wing is about as simple as it gets and doesn't take very long. The slowest part of the build is waiting on the glue to set and cure. The design that seems to go together really fast is often called the Combat Wing, which is used for the purpose suggest in the name. The basic airframe is a top and bottom skin of thin foam and a spar with two elevons attached to each wing half. If you make the combat wing large and thick enough, the electronics can be placed inside the center section. You also have the option of making a center section that is thicker than the wing halves as a sort of fuselage/body part the wings are attached to.

Since there are so many threads for flying wing designs of various sizes and "cuts", I won't try to get into the details. The one I build tends to be a Readi-Board foam core (paper skins removed) with parts from fan fold foam (FFF) board. I do use Depron for the elevons since the foam is stiffer, but FFF also works well most of the time. The spar is often made of FFF or Depron with a thin balsa skin glued on one side or both for stiffness, but others get by with less. A common spar for the Combat Wing is often a hardwood dowel rod, or square, or spruce square/rod, or ... and the list can be rather long. The motor used on a flying wing can be as low as 100 watts, but if speed is the need, the watts of the motor are much higher. The trick is to balance the location of the motor and battery for optimium COG. If you haven't built a wing before, it is wise to start with a 1/2" thick insulation foam board and cut out a glider. Shape the leading and trailing edges a little by sandpaper, and use non-hardening clay on the nose until the best COG is found by glide tests. After that it is a matter of making copies using thinner foam board and attaching the electronics to preserve the COG.
Tsavah is offline Find More Posts by Tsavah
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2011, 01:04 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,344 Posts
Tsavah,

Are you the one that did a spaceship that takes off vertically and looks something like this:
crxmanpat is online now Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Oct 07, 2011, 03:53 PM
Watt Waster
Joined Oct 2010
1,850 Posts
Spaceship Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxmanpat View Post
Tsavah, Are you the one that did a spaceship that takes off vertically and looks something like this:
No, that looks like one of my Internet finds from a guy in China, or at least I think that is where he lives. I posted a few like that one, and each was from a different builder. The craft came from a cartoon, which I think was Japanese. I haven't built one yet, but who knows, maybe one day.
Old Oct 07, 2011, 04:27 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,344 Posts
I drew the one above by looking at a video. I had a hard time getting the CG right and wound up trashing it, so I've done some modifications to try and move the motor and battery a little farther forward. V2 just needs to be cut out and tested and then I'll post up some plans. I'm calling it the Starviper.

Pat
crxmanpat is online now Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Oct 10, 2011, 01:29 PM
X-15 Jockey
Joined Oct 2006
2,443 Posts
Deleted

Deleted
burkefj is online now Find More Posts by burkefj
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by burkefj; Oct 19, 2012 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Not supporting these plans any more
Old Oct 10, 2011, 08:14 PM
If it flies, I will crash it
USA, CO, Westminster
Joined Jan 2008
3,024 Posts
Pretty sweet. Best feature, no chute to repack after recovery. I like it.

Rob...
mxspode is online now Find More Posts by mxspode
Old Oct 29, 2011, 10:16 PM
X-15 Jockey
Joined Oct 2006
2,443 Posts
Deleted

Deleted
burkefj is online now Find More Posts by burkefj
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by burkefj; Oct 19, 2012 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Not supporting these plans any more
Old Nov 01, 2011, 06:40 AM
Joined Oct 2011
2 Posts
Hi all. I searched everywhere, but what I need I found. Need a plan, the Mirage 2000 with dimensions:
Wingspan 40 "
Length of about 60 "
I want it to look like a real fighter planes, tea as a model.
Here I found a thread where the fighter planes but this is small and there is not a plan.
See post by Won W, there is a link:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1308255
I want to fix it as he no larger, making it look like a real fighter.
Thank you in advance for your help.
PS: Excuse me for my English.
peter1207 is offline Find More Posts by peter1207
Old Nov 10, 2011, 02:54 AM
United States, SC, Greer
Joined May 2006
614 Posts
light flier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockey View Post
What would be the best (easiest and slowest) pusher prop jet to build and fly using Depron and one of the plans found on here

Thanks guys

Lockey
I would look at the profile 6mm F22 or the micro version which can also be made from 6mm depron. both are great birds!
superinstaller is offline Find More Posts by superinstaller
Old Nov 10, 2011, 08:56 AM
Watt Waster
Joined Oct 2010
1,850 Posts
Mirage 2000 Plans and ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter1207 View Post
Hi all. I searched everywhere, but ... Need a plan, the Mirage 2000 with dimensions:

Wingspan 40 "
Length of about 60 "

I want it to look like a real fighter plane, ... making it look like a real fighter.
Thank you in advance for your help. PS: Excuse me for my English.
I do not think anyone has started a build thread for a Mirage 2000 of that size. Maybe you will? If you find a build plan you like, put on flash drive and take to a copy store and get it bigger on paper. I did that recently for an unusal plan for an RC airplane model. I got the plan copy made twice as big. It is the easy way to make a small airplane plan bigger so construction can begin. Search in RC Groups by using "mirage 2000" in the search option above. Good luck.
Old Nov 26, 2011, 07:45 AM
Joined Nov 2011
2 Posts
Thanks all for the hard work.
comming soon :-)
Dr_CRX is offline Find More Posts by Dr_CRX
Old Dec 11, 2011, 03:59 AM
Joined Dec 2005
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsavah View Post
No, that looks like one of my Internet finds from a guy in China, or at least I think that is where he lives. I posted a few like that one, and each was from a different builder. The craft came from a cartoon, which I think was Japanese. I haven't built one yet, but who knows, maybe one day.

My friend made this spaceship. He live in Taiwan.

His blog
http://blog.yam.com/rcflying

Spaceship
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=F9GKmjd2BGI

EDF version
http://blog.yam.com/rcflying/article/32453625
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=sKXSJ8Gd_0g
fileopen is offline Find More Posts by fileopen
Last edited by fileopen; Dec 11, 2011 at 06:15 AM.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 10:42 AM
Watt Waster
Joined Oct 2010
1,850 Posts
Great! Thanks for the Update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fileopen View Post
If you can, let him know he has become one of my favorite RC builder/pilots. I just love what he has done already and am looking forward to more.
Old Dec 25, 2011, 05:03 PM
Joined Oct 2011
10 Posts
Looks great! Is there any pictures? I wanna see'm
ji ho Ryoo is offline Find More Posts by ji ho Ryoo
Old Jan 08, 2012, 07:38 AM
MULTI ENGINE FANACTIC
SAO PAULO,S.P.,BRAZIL
Joined Dec 2000
543 Posts
Anxious to see the 1rst video!!!!!!!!!!!!
CESARNOGUEIRA is offline Find More Posts by CESARNOGUEIRA