SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Eddie P, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 11:27 AM
Flash, AAAAAAAAAAAHhhhhhhhhh
United States, UT, West Jordan
Joined Dec 2008
2,531 Posts
anybody have plans for a yak-141? wanting to make one but wanted to know if anybody else has plans so i don't have to start over.
flashkick is offline Find More Posts by flashkick
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 20, 2010, 10:47 PM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
United States, GA, Buford
Joined Nov 2007
6,525 Posts
Working on an EDF and Prop model.
boredom.is.me is offline Find More Posts by boredom.is.me
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RFD900 Case
Old Mar 12, 2010, 09:24 AM
Right of Center
Alabaster, Alabama
Joined Jul 2009
50 Posts
I found this thread for anyone wanting 3-views of all sorts of military planes. They are large images, lending themselves to scaling and tiling with no big pixel issues. http://www.phpbbplanet.com/shipyard/...forum=shipyard
crsteen is offline Find More Posts by crsteen
Old Mar 12, 2010, 09:41 AM
Right of Center
Alabaster, Alabama
Joined Jul 2009
50 Posts
addendum......all pics are on this site. http://s4.photobucket.com/home/kightcat/index
crsteen is offline Find More Posts by crsteen
Old Mar 12, 2010, 05:18 PM
Joined Aug 2009
51 Posts
DH 100 Vampire plans

Plans, templates and stickers for my vampire are here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...hlight=vampire
GrahamCulver is offline Find More Posts by GrahamCulver
Old Mar 13, 2010, 01:34 AM
UH-1 Gunship, AH-1G jock 69-71
So Cal ... Kingdom of Taxes
Joined Nov 2008
458 Posts
Russian planes should be named after Xerox copy machine model numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxmanpat View Post
The new Sukhoi PAK FA. See the Russian Stealth thread in this forum.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1140445

Pat
That's laughable "Russian Stealth" ... Russian planes should be named after Xerox copy machine model numbers, since their nothing more than copies of ours. This one is a blatant rip-off of the F-22. Remember when this virtually rip-off the Space Shuttle when they built that one only Russian version before they went bankrupt?

I wouldn't waste the Depron or EPP on a Russian Copy-Design model
makeitworst is offline Find More Posts by makeitworst
Old Mar 13, 2010, 02:42 AM
Bring It On !!!!!
Newmarket, England.
Joined Aug 2006
689 Posts
Fair comment Comrad..... But.....

The designs on aircraft are not usually the result of a blatant copy.

They're designed purely on needs and requirements at the time and are based on mathematics and capability requirements for a designated role.

Not always do our Ruskie cousins copy but in some cases they are actually at the front on design and produce aircraft which have not and have never been produced by other countries yet offer some amazing performance and capabilities.

In truth, aircraft design went from the well known design of the Crusifix shape to the more streamlined shape of swept wings to combat the sound barrier. At the time it was not fully understood but once designers on both sides of the world had overcome the science of it all, aircraft design became a mathematical procedure.

This will make sense as to why the shapes of modern aircraft are similar to each other when you mention the Buran Shuttle and the Space Shuttle, Concorde and the Tu144, F111 and the Flogger I think it is and very similar in shape is the B52 and the Bear D although powered differently.

Kind regards. Noel
soundcheque is offline Find More Posts by soundcheque
Old Mar 13, 2010, 08:41 AM
Flash, AAAAAAAAAAAHhhhhhhhhh
United States, UT, West Jordan
Joined Dec 2008
2,531 Posts
what about the mig-25/31? or the mig-21? saying their planes are copies is disregarding the fact that they can design planes almost as well as we can. sure a lot look similar but that because they fulfill the same role. they are going to look simliar. most ww2 piston fighters were similar in shape with a few differences. are you sayin gthen that all german fighters or all american fighters were just copies of someone else?
russian planes are gorgous and i almost always build them. with only a couple american planes.
flashkick is offline Find More Posts by flashkick
Old Mar 13, 2010, 02:38 PM
Bring It On !!!!!
Newmarket, England.
Joined Aug 2006
689 Posts
The russians didn't copy this baby either. Beautiful SU34
soundcheque is offline Find More Posts by soundcheque
Old Mar 13, 2010, 05:27 PM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
Joined Nov 2007
6,525 Posts
Also the original Concorde is Russian.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 16, 2010, 01:54 PM
Aurora, Ontario, Canada
Joined Mar 2002
1,614 Posts
Boredom.is.me -- you must be trolling.

The historical record of the Concorde development shows that the Russian "Concorde-ski" was started after the British/French effort, and really got underway once the soviets sent over a bunch of rubber-soled aviaiton experts to take a looks at the factory floor.

Same thing happened with their super-lighter aircraft design (their equivalent to the Galaxy C-5).

What they tend to do is to push the envelope to make the biggest possible version that they can.

No, not running down their inventiveness but their inventiveness to get a technological leap-frog.

To wit: the fist MiG-25 that made it out of the Soviet Union surprised the heck out of the Western experts -- stainless steel where we'd use titanium, flush-screws and basic welds, and vaccum-tubed electronics. The experts were laughing....

Until someone pointed out that the titanium was being used where absolutely needed, everything out of the main airflow didn't need to be super-engineered, and radio-tubes are more stable in a EMP from a nuclear explosion.

Western designs tend to be over-engineered.
byrocat is offline Find More Posts by byrocat
Old Mar 16, 2010, 10:19 PM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
Joined Nov 2007
6,525 Posts
I always thought the Tupolev came first. One thing I know for a fact was that they both made first flight back to back and were introduced back to back, but the Tu was a year ahead in both of those situations.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 17, 2010, 01:17 AM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,682 Posts
Can we get back to pusher jet plans please? Here's one Nick Cara just did for the new Pak Fa:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1208824

Pat
crxmanpat is online now Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old May 20, 2010, 02:46 PM
Flying Hazard
Spain
Joined May 2006
3,045 Posts
Pusher prop fsw hammermight

Hello Bro's, it's been a long time since I first designed this parkjet and promised some day would post the plans. I've had to learn AutoCad but now I'm working on it, they're not finished yet but soon they'll be!

Anyway, in these pictures I'm showing you the older one, and before posting the complete plans I'd rather add some mods to improve its behaviour.

Hope you like it!!
SU-4ever is offline Find More Posts by SU-4ever
Last edited by SU-4ever; May 21, 2010 at 10:22 AM.
Old May 20, 2010, 02:49 PM
Flying Hazard
Spain
Joined May 2006
3,045 Posts
For those who haven't seen it yet:

The flying

Hammermight R/C Jet FSW (12 min 7 sec)

The building

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9w...-r-c-jet_sport
SU-4ever is offline Find More Posts by SU-4ever