HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 27, 2005, 03:15 PM
Kansas City Area
Joined Mar 2005
14 Posts
Phx-Link gone bad?

I picked up a Phx-25 and Phx-Link yesterday at my LHS. Got home, loaded the software and driver on my XP machine and it worked fine. Today, I figured the old 98se machine ought to to the basement shop where it might get some use. After software installation, 98se recognized a new USB device, but did not identify it as a Phx-Link.

Moving the Phx-Link back to the XP machine gave the error message: USB Device Not Recognized. Device Manager now shows "Unknown Device" and updating drivers gives the message "The wizard could not find a better match than the software you currently have installed." Lights on the Lnk operate the same as before. I've tried different ports on the XP machine, yet different devices work in the same ports. I've even installed the software on a second XP machine with the same results. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks for any help,
Jon
jon_c is offline Find More Posts by jon_c
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 27, 2005, 06:15 PM
Kansas City Area
Joined Mar 2005
14 Posts
Problem fixed! Disconnected the Link from the cable and reseated. It's a happy board! Pure coincidence that it happened right after trying 98se.

Jon
jon_c is offline Find More Posts by jon_c