HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 26, 2005, 10:00 PM
United States, CA, Stanton
Joined Jan 2004
2,012 Posts
Sneak Peek for what's next from SP

An aluminuim horizontal fin bracket for the T-Rex. Nothing fancy well maybe have them anodized. Still in the works.
mdttb is offline Find More Posts by mdttb
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 26, 2005, 10:54 PM
2013 GRAND SPORT CORVETTE
Golden Gulf Coast
Joined Jul 2002
10,202 Posts
More goodies. HoooooHaaaaa.
Hoverup is offline Find More Posts by Hoverup
Old Mar 27, 2005, 12:22 AM
You win again Gravity!
AZ
Joined Dec 2004
131 Posts
Ohh Boy more bling
Mod-junkie is offline Find More Posts by Mod-junkie
Old Mar 27, 2005, 02:34 AM
Joined Dec 2003
418 Posts
I found using the little hook at the end saws through the cf rod due to mild vibrations, I had to cut mine off.
wildstallion is offline Find More Posts by wildstallion
Old Mar 31, 2005, 12:46 AM
Joined Jan 2004
2,012 Posts
Here's a Polished one. Anodized coming soon est April 6th
Old Mar 31, 2005, 12:59 AM
Cho Oi! Hay Qua!
Here
Joined May 2003
4,033 Posts
YES!! finally!!! I hate the plastic ones. They keep on breaking. I'm hate buying the tail feather replacements just for that little peice. I now fly without the boom brace but I really want that aluminum one...sweeeeet!

-Tomi
tomi is offline Find More Posts by tomi
Old Mar 31, 2005, 01:11 AM
Joined Jan 2004
2,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomi
YES!! finally!!! I hate the plastic ones. They keep on breaking. I'm hate buying the tail feather replacements just for that little peice. I now fly without the boom brace but I really want that aluminum one...sweeeeet!

-Tomi

Tomi sent you a PM
Old Mar 31, 2005, 02:54 PM
Joined Jan 2004
2,012 Posts
Limited supply of non anodized T-rex Tail Fin Mount
Old Mar 31, 2005, 03:15 PM
Watts Rule, Glows Drool
orlando, FL
Joined Mar 2003
3,197 Posts
Any chance you can put that small drilled hole in there too. (just above the hook, like the original piece). I use that hole for my Antenna.

Also might want to think about Lightening the design some too. I'm not to keen on adding weight to the tail area. Since it's aluminum you should be able to thin it up some. (don't know if you can lighten it much though)
dogon1013 is offline Find More Posts by dogon1013
Old Mar 31, 2005, 03:17 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2003
4,747 Posts
If this part actually had an effect, it would proably be more suited to being made out of delrin as aluminium and carbon rubbing against each other is not a good comination for friction reduction.
Also being metal against metal(the boom), that will be the first place the boom snaps or breaks when pressure is at its maximum.
I feel this this is more bling than ding, my 2 cents worth!.
will p3 is offline Find More Posts by will p3
Old Mar 31, 2005, 03:23 PM
Joined Jan 2004
2,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogon1013
Any chance you can put that small drilled hole in there too. (just above the hook, like the original piece). I use that hole for my Antenna.

Also might want to think about Lightening the design some too. I'm not to keen on adding weight to the tail area. Since it's aluminum you should be able to thin it up some. (don't know if you can lighten it much though)

dogon
It's actually thinner then the stock piece.
Old Mar 31, 2005, 03:30 PM
Joined Jan 2004
2,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by will p3
If this part actually had an effect, it would proably be more suited to being made out of delrin as aluminium and carbon rubbing against each other is not a good comination for friction reduction.
Also being metal against metal(the boom), that will be the first place the boom snaps or breaks when pressure is at its maximum.
I feel this this is more bling than ding, my 2 cents worth!.

Will
I had alot of request to make this part out of aluminium because people were breaking the stock one and had to buy the whole tail fin package, only to have to replace it again when it broke. The weight differrence is a gram. I've had booms bend at the place in question using the stock plastic piece.
Your entitled to your opinion.
Old Mar 31, 2005, 03:52 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2003
4,747 Posts
Thanks! as you, and yes this is a nice looking part but does it actually do anything ?other than hinder the pushrod, if the pushrod is to flexy then maybe lighter and more effectice to way solve this problem would be with a thicker pushrod.
I,m not against shops making money at every available twist and turn but it seems the punters really are hooked if they are buying an upgrade to a part that has no effect in its stock form anyway or even maybe considered a hinderance.
I notice on the trex the designers have incoperated some "bigger heli feature" like the fake screw knobs on the skids and this part also i suspect!, for the length and strength used in this chopper i would highly doubt that the pushrod needs any support as the strength in the rod is vertical and this part if performing a function would only serve to confuse the gyro.
If the people want them by all means make them, i am just using the topic as a extension to my hobbie as its the way these things work that interest me.
I dont think i will be using mine.
will p3 is offline Find More Posts by will p3
Old Mar 31, 2005, 04:06 PM
Joined Jan 2004
2,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by will p3
Thanks! as you, and yes this is a nice looking part but does it actually do anything ?
From dogon1013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogon1013
I use that hole for my Antenna.
Seems to have a purpose for him.

dogon I sent you a PM about the hole.
Old Mar 31, 2005, 04:16 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2003
4,747 Posts
LoL!.you got me there!.