HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 28, 2002, 09:39 PM
"Experienced-Crasher"
Rex, NC "Extreme Boonies"
Joined Jan 2002
2,355 Posts
GWS4CEO... Some help,please

Mr. Lin, Your scale like 3 and 4 blade props are VERY,Very nice,.. My Hat is off to You. The only thing that was close in the past was the German-made 3-blade for the JH Speed 280 Gearboxes. Their props were designed with individual blades,and had a very scale-like appearance (except of course the hub,which could be covered with a spinner) BUT,... I can't seem to get anyone to listen to me when it comes to twin motor application. Do You think Your company could offer the 3 and 4-bladed props in a LEFT and RIGHT rotational configuration? A Left and right prop on a twin counteract the torque of one another and make motor set-up basically VERY easy for both experienced and inexperienced builders. If You could produce BOTh a left hand and Right hand rotational 3 and 4-blade prop, You would open the door for many,many twin applications in both scale and sport of Your GWS IPS motors,and If we are all building twins, TWICE the sales of props and IPS motors!! Which leads to more sales of a new line of Twin GWS batteries, which leads to new products in More Amp ESC's, More Power=more fuctions+more GWS servos,More retract sales, More 6-channel RX sales,.. In essence,.. You Gain,We are VERY Happy And the world is wonderful! I tried to convince the German JH manufacturers, to produce just a Right and Left rotational blade almost 2 years ago, seeing they had a universal hub,.. but it fell on deaf ears,and they goose-stepped right on by Me I guess that's why I'm not typing this in Deutsche now...)
Demon-Leather is offline Find More Posts by Demon-Leather
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 29, 2002, 07:16 PM
"Experienced-Crasher"
Joined Jan 2002
2,355 Posts
Or,.. perhaps just a thought of future production would give Me some hope,.. unless I already missed it and You are already producing a left and right rotatioal 3-blade,and 4-blade prop.. I do that sometimes,.. I had no Idea GWS was producing 6-channel recievers till the other day,when someon posted a site offering a 6-channel RX (at a VERY reasonable price I might add! ) Bob
Old Mar 29, 2002, 07:25 PM
"Experienced-Crasher"
Joined Jan 2002
2,355 Posts
Does anyone Else want a twin set-up??

Sometimes,... I get things in My head,that I think should be "normal" to everyone,.. However I have noticed that My thinking an be "radical" and far from the norm. (a not-so-beautiful-mind-type-thing...) Of course I'm not "skitzy" ...am I.. . .. Your not all against Me,.. are You?!! You can try to read My mind,.. but,I'm protected! I'm wearing aluminum foil,..Top to bottom,and tin-foil balls in My ears,..give-up! it's useless! I'll never teeeEeellllll!
Old Mar 29, 2002, 07:32 PM
White Knuckle Flier
Spokane Valley, WA
Joined Feb 2002
274 Posts
Whoa.....
_AC_ is offline Find More Posts by _AC_
Old Mar 29, 2002, 07:49 PM
an earth bound misfit, I
St. Pete, Florida
Joined Sep 2001
9,429 Posts
Dude, don't give up hope. Check out this post by Mr. Lin:

Quote:
Originally posted by GWS4CEO
Dear Mr. Bleriot, just look the web you suggested, thanks.

I gusee GWS will make DC3 with size of twin 280 motor. May be can use AA battery which is cheap but good cost performance.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...239#post273239
Basketcase is offline Find More Posts by Basketcase
Old Mar 29, 2002, 08:30 PM
"Experienced-Crasher"
Joined Jan 2002
2,355 Posts
Thanks.....

Thanks for the glimmer of hope,Basketcase! I've been testing the GWS 3 & 4-blade props to get an idea of the output they would have,and let me tell you,.. it's pretty impressive! The 3- blader prop puts out a fair amount of thrust,yet still only mildly heating up a stock GWS IPS motor,.. WITHOUT a heat sink!!
Now,.. the big 4-blade prop puts out (in My humble opinion,and drawing on past experience) about as much thrust as an old Cox .020 glow! However, it starts toasting My IPS motor (almost too hot to touch) whithout a heat sink in about 1 &1/2 minutes,so duration tests will have to wait till I accuire a GWS heat sink. I have an old Dave Platt Grumman Guardian plan for rubber power,with a span of around 42" that this set-up,along with a Qualcomm pack and some GWS retracts,full-function(including retracts would be most awesome,and near-scale in appearence with the 4-blade!) Bob
Old Mar 29, 2002, 09:16 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Jul 2001
2,826 Posts
Demon-Leather,

"Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean that they are not out to get you."

(Perhaps a bit trite, but seems to apply pretty well in this case, don't you think?)
Quacker is offline Find More Posts by Quacker
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 29, 2002, 10:32 PM
an earth bound misfit, I
St. Pete, Florida
Joined Sep 2001
9,429 Posts
DL, yep I agree about the 3 blade 9x7", I've been testing it on my Switchback with the 300 EPS. Works good with the big motor too. Haven't tried it on the TM yet.

Also have a 10.3x4 - 4 blade I haven't tried yet.

BC
Basketcase is offline Find More Posts by Basketcase
Old Mar 29, 2002, 11:48 PM
ny
Joined Dec 2000
1,270 Posts
HA HA! Aluminum Foil hasn't worked since 1998 I think it was July they can now get you thru 3 inches of lead even 6 feet under won't help have you seen "Night of the living dead". Yep they did that beware "only the shadow knows what evil lurks in the minds of men". Is that right???????
russ6421 is offline Find More Posts by russ6421
Old Mar 30, 2002, 12:19 AM
Houng-wen Lin
Shijr, Taiwan. DungGwan, China. City of Industry, California.
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
When you try any different combinations of props on GWS gear drives, you'd better referance test datas
http://www.gws.com.tw/english/produc.../propeller.htm
before doing a over load that possible cause over-heat!

A heat-sink is not only protect your motors, also made motor pump out juice constantly. Every 3~4 degree F mtor can temperature rised up, you lost 1% torque!
GWS4CEO is offline Find More Posts by GWS4CEO
Old Mar 30, 2002, 01:40 AM
Build/Fly/Crash/Repeat
United States, HI, Kapalua
Joined Jan 2002
1,198 Posts
Demon-Leather:
Did you take your pill today?
CoastalFlyer is offline Find More Posts by CoastalFlyer
Old Mar 30, 2002, 01:03 PM
"Experienced-Crasher"
Joined Jan 2002
2,355 Posts
HmmmMMmmm...

Lets see 2 Zanex,1 Zoloft ,2 Lithium,3Valium,....Dang! I missed My Prozac!! It's ok though,..here comes the Nurse with My Demerol injection!