HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 24, 2005, 06:51 AM
Chile
Joined Feb 2005
165 Posts
JetJoe JJ-1200 Turbines

Hi,

I want to know if anyone can tell me if the JetJoe Turbines are ready to fly, I have been reading a lot of thread about this engines but I can not find someone that tell that the engines are ready to fly out of the box without modification. Also this engines are in state to be installed in a plane

Please help because I really one to buy a turbine but i dont want to loose 1000 bucks
AirbusPilot is offline Find More Posts by AirbusPilot
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 24, 2005, 05:25 PM
Cordova, TN
Joined Nov 2004
185 Posts
Try asking Justin at JJ USA. www.jetjoe-usa.com
Lt. Dan is offline Find More Posts by Lt. Dan
Old Mar 28, 2005, 10:45 AM
Chile
Joined Feb 2005
165 Posts
From what I found those are a pretty good engines for the price and I am ready to order one a JJ-1200 MKII, Joe from JetJoe said that this engine have been improved and upgrated so this should run OK!!!.

I will post pictures, videos and what I find from this engine once I have mine in my hands
Old Mar 29, 2005, 12:49 PM
SJ
Denmark EKCH
Joined Apr 2001
1,482 Posts
see pics of my JJ-1400 here : http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/AMD_...2771814/tm.htm

Havn`t run it yet.
SJ is offline Find More Posts by SJ
Old Mar 30, 2005, 04:11 AM
Joined Mar 2005
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Dan
Try asking Justin at JJ USA. www.jetjoe-usa.com

LOL, I don't think calling the COMPANY for a reference is the best idea when he is clearly trying to get OUTSIDE support/info on them. A company tends to NOT be the most reliable source when it somes to analysing themselves.

LOL
-=PLanE CrazY=- is offline Find More Posts by -=PLanE CrazY=-
Old Mar 30, 2005, 04:30 AM
Cordova, TN
Joined Nov 2004
185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=PLanE CrazY=-
LOL, I don't think calling the COMPANY for a reference is the best idea when he is clearly trying to get OUTSIDE support/info on them. A company tends to NOT be the most reliable source when it somes to analysing themselves.

LOL
I don't see what is so funny. The question was are the engines ready for flight. Who better to answer that question than person that is testing and selling them.

Do you ask the Chevy dealer if Ford engines are any good?
Old Mar 30, 2005, 09:16 AM
Multiplex is great!
Maastricht, Netherlands
Joined Aug 2004
139 Posts
Quote:
Do you ask the Chevy dealer if Ford engines are any good?
no i leave buidling cars to the germans
seems our germans are better then your germans (quote: right stuff)
sandor_digitech is offline Find More Posts by sandor_digitech
Old Mar 30, 2005, 01:15 PM
St. Mary, Maryland, United States
Joined Dec 1996
8,290 Posts
I remember that qoute .

The car business gets more international everyday, the new Mustang is designed by a guy from Vietnam who escaped (as a small child) 2 days before Siagon fell and now works for Ford in Detroit and spent time in Germany working for Ford of Europe...
Chris True is offline Find More Posts by Chris True
Old Mar 30, 2005, 02:06 PM
Chile
Joined Feb 2005
165 Posts
I got a JJ-1400 should be sent to me by fedex right now. I will post pictures and info for this engines once arrive.
Old Mar 30, 2005, 02:39 PM
An Aussie in Canada
Belleville, Ontario.
Joined Sep 2003
545 Posts
More JJ fluff ; )

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirbusPilot
Hi,

I want to know if anyone can tell me if the JetJoe Turbines are ready to fly, I have been reading a lot of thread about this engines but I can not find someone that tell that the engines are ready to fly out of the box without modification. Also this engines are in state to be installed in a plane

Please help because I really one to buy a turbine but i dont want to loose 1000 bucks
Save your $1000 and play it safe, would be my advice. I would recommend 'any' of the established legit (ie known) manufacturers and their already well proven designs... theres just too much B/S surrounding JJ IMHO and they are still a big mystery to most of us. Name one well known turbine distributor or unbiased and experienced jet flyer who has seen a JJ even trully perform and even fly reliably? You just have to read the various threads here on RCG and RCU to see what I mean.....
Any company that does not post their manufacturers business address (see JJ website) and at least some sort of bio or turbine engineering credentials as to their expertise and history etc is not very professional IMHO. From my point of view It would appear they are not 100% honest with where the design has been sourced either!!!! definetely looks like a "Wren MW54 rip off" to me...

If you look at the Jet Joe website the first contact listing is for 'Jet Joe International' based in New York state?????? with a contact email address- joe@jetjoe.com this all sounds very odd to me! who is 'Joe'? why does 'Joe' not ever appear online here or RCU etc and explane all the questions and/or concerns relating his products and lack of serious details on his website, its common marketing 101 in this day and age if you are a turbine manufacturer to be well visible online with experienced reps etc demonstrating your product..... JJ is 'still' the only manufacturer who remains secretive about who they are? or should I say who 'Joe' is???? and where they are located/manufacturerd? ie business address..... and still has no established experienced distributors or reps supporting their products as listed on the JJ website...

Why on earth would anyone consider buying any expensive product (yes $600 etc is still a lot of money) regardless of how it just 'looks' on some website without knowing at least the very basics about its origins ie who made it? and where? OR especially why the manufacturer? importer?? OR whatever 'JOE' is continue to remain anonymous??????

That said I would certainly recommend any other turbine I know of before the JJ regardless of price simply because of the basic lack of credibility being exibited by JJ and upfront common sense marketing honesty being exibited thus far to date....

Anyway just my personal opinion anyway
Marty C. is offline Find More Posts by Marty C.
Old Mar 30, 2005, 02:51 PM
Chile
Joined Feb 2005
165 Posts
Thank you for your word but it too late, I bought a JJ-1400 Joe said that this is the best and most powerfull engine of his line. I took the risk and bought one I will let know other people here in the forum if i bought a good engine or just a display engine for my shop .
Old Mar 30, 2005, 03:02 PM
An Aussie in Canada
Belleville, Ontario.
Joined Sep 2003
545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirbusPilot
Thank you for your word but it too late, I bought a JJ-1400 Joe said that this is the best and most powerfull engine of his line. I took the risk and bought one I will let know other people here in the forum if i bought a good engine or just a display engine for my shop .
Hi AirbusPilot, well I hope the JJ-1400 does indeed perform as it should for you and I am very keen to hear the results! Is this your first turbine??? please post some pics and maybe even video if possible of it running as I am very interested to see one running by someone not affiliated with JJ...

One question maybe you could answer is who is this 'Joe'? as you mentioned you spoke with him... is he in NY? is it his company? Iam just curious

Good luck
Old Mar 30, 2005, 03:46 PM
Cordova, TN
Joined Nov 2004
185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty C.
Hi AirbusPilot, well I hope the JJ-1400 does indeed perform as it should for you and I am very keen to hear the results! Is this your first turbine??? please post some pics and maybe even video if possible of it running as I am very interested to see one running by someone not affiliated with JJ...

One question maybe you could answer is who is this 'Joe'? as you mentioned you spoke with him... is he in NY? is it his company? Iam just curious

Good luck
Marty, I was told by the USA distributor that 'Joe' is the American name that the gentlemen goes by. Hence the name 'JetJoe'.
Old Mar 30, 2005, 06:52 PM
Joined May 2004
602 Posts
Quote:
Marty, I was told by the USA distributor that 'Joe' is the American name that the gentlemen goes by. Hence the name 'JetJoe'.
Most Chinese I deal with at work do have a "Western" first name. It MAY not be conventional though..."Zillion Chen" comes to mind. "Lucy Fan" is another.

Dave Rigotti
HobbyCNC is offline Find More Posts by HobbyCNC
Old Mar 30, 2005, 07:15 PM
An Aussie in Canada
Belleville, Ontario.
Joined Sep 2003
545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbyCNC
Most Chinese I deal with at work do have a "Western" first name. It MAY not be conventional though..."Zillion Chen" comes to mind. "Lucy Fan" is another.

Dave Rigotti
Yeah, thats obviously easy enough to understand, but that aside this dude lets call him "Joe Jet" then... has an email address and postal address that is based in New York, USA and is trading as Jet Joe International, hence my question as to who then is this guy???? and what is his experience building turbines? and why not list his full name and company address, history etc on the JJ website? thats just simple sense and good marketing that gives credability to your product. All manufacturers do this....

JJ the company as far as I can see and according to the JJ website is in Bejing China! thats what it sounds like to me... so why/who is "Joe Jet" then in the USA? who is then making these turbines in China if Joe is in the USA?
http://www.jetjoe.com/htm.php?nowmenuid=9648

Oh and there is no US distributor listed here on the JJ website for the USA, unless its actually JJ International? hmmmm... I have been in this hobby for more than thirty years now and have not heard of any of the JJ reps/dealers or distributors listed on the JJ website page link above.
Has anyone else! Iam just curious???

I guess Iam the only one who thinks this seems strange....
Last edited by Marty C.; Mar 30, 2005 at 07:31 PM.