HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 24, 2005, 08:53 AM
I'm Ginger & called Adam
Hereford, UK
Joined Oct 2002
2,896 Posts
Ian,

I noticed the bi-plane modification - how did you find the EZ* behaves with an extra pair of wings ? I was thinking this will be a usefull modification for AP work as it should enable lower flightspeed.

Adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pullar
Final Steps

Cheers - IP
Ginger Adam is offline Find More Posts by Ginger Adam
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 24, 2005, 09:42 AM
Joined Sep 2004
2,744 Posts
Scottish hamburger chain; Snoopy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pullar
We have a Scottish hamburger chain here (I suspect you have it there too) that gave them away free with certain meals, some years ago. IP
Well, do you remember the name of the chain?? or anybody out there remember??? did you notice that I have a genuine Scottish daughter-in-law???? from Edinburgh; I'll hafta ask her,but she's only been here since early 2002, so don't know if she'll be aware of that chain and Snoopy.

Thx for the idea, tho....... I'll check it out.

larryR
LareeRudee is offline Find More Posts by LareeRudee
Old Sep 24, 2005, 10:35 AM
Joined Mar 2004
5,237 Posts
You can even get matching socks! LOL
rutat is offline Find More Posts by rutat
Old Sep 24, 2005, 11:06 AM
Joined Sep 2004
2,744 Posts
where???

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutat
You can even get matching socks! LOL

envious collection; wow, where DO/DID you get YOURS?????

THX,

LarryR
Old Sep 24, 2005, 02:03 PM
Ontario, Canada
Joined Aug 2003
468 Posts
From his local Scottish burger chain restaurant! You MUST have one pretty close, they're like weeds. I know you can buy them on eBay too. I've seen smaller ones (just the head) that I think you stick on the end of a pencil at Wal-Mart.
CraigF is offline Find More Posts by CraigF
Old Sep 24, 2005, 02:06 PM
Joined Sep 2004
2,744 Posts
Scottish Burger Chain

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigF
From his local Scottish burger chain restaurant! You MUST have one pretty close, they're like weeds. I know you can buy them on eBay too. I've seen smaller ones (just the head) that I think you stick on the end of a pencil at Wal-Mart.
Like weeds, but what is the NAME of the places; I know McDonalds, Arbys, Burger King, Wendys, etc, but don't know of SCOTTISH chains; I'm in USA, Colorado, Denver metro area........

Help, now you've got me HOOOOOKED............

or are you trying to say that the name of the chain is "Scottish Burgers", if so, I'VE never heard of them...................

thx,
LarryR
Old Sep 24, 2005, 02:14 PM
Joined Sep 2004
2,744 Posts
starting (almost) my easy star now

It came Friday, and I've been reading all the long threads, but NOW I'm stuck on the first step; and all the PAST answers are out THERE, and I even know that somebody put all 21 threads onto a pdf search file, but gosh, WHERE IS IT????????????

I remember the capacitor question; Jurgen says they're IN the motor already, but MP sends ANOTHER 47 micro farad pair in a separate package, and say that it's ok "as is" if using THEIR round motor controller, else ADD the 2 extra?????

I'm using the stock Permax motor and prop for "starters" until I can get some experience on THIS plane......... so do YOU people (stock config) use the "PICO Control 400 round UNI-2292" I seem to remember somebody said it's "no good"............ what THEN???????????/ use a different one and THEN ADD the two EXTRA capacitors??????
what motor controller do YOU use???

ok, then batts; KAN-1050?????????// six, seven, or eight cell??? I'm seeming to remember that six is too little, and eight is toooo much, so thus, seven should be right, ha, can't find SOURCE of sevens............... wanna stay with NiMh for now.............

OK, I KNOW this is all repeat, but gosh, so much to search.......

thx,
LarryR
Old Sep 24, 2005, 02:33 PM
Joined Sep 2004
2,744 Posts
industrial velcro at "BJ's"

sarge, or anybody; back in post 66 you mention this great velcro; ok, in Denver metro area, I'm not able to imagine what "BJ's" is................. I'm drawing a blank.........

or anybody else have ideas???

thx,
LarryR
Old Sep 24, 2005, 02:41 PM
Tucson Avra Valley, Arizona, United States
Joined Jul 2002
1,447 Posts
Larry,
Go to Office Max or Depot. They sell Velco in large packages. I use the white one. It's about 2" wide and 6 to 8' long. Works well.
Neal
Nobert is offline Find More Posts by Nobert
Old Sep 24, 2005, 03:03 PM
Ontario, Canada
Joined Aug 2003
468 Posts
Re the wide Velcro: Wal-Mart has it too.

I like the type of Velcro that NOBODY seems to have anymore, except industrial supply places. 2" wide with INCREDIBLE adhesive (much superior to their so-called "industrial" Velcro everybody sells, no CA etc. needed) and VERY flexible (also unlike the industrial Velcro, it's a fine cloth backing) with really dense hooks so you get FANTASTIC gripping. [Have I built it up enough yet? I'm a Velcro nut...] I am extremely frugal with my remaining supply, to the point of silliness, so I gotta get more somehow.

Larry again: You're kidding about the Snoopy source, right? Re the caps: the motor that comes in the kit isn't exactly the same as the 400 Permax you buy separately, I posted a bit about this in the main EZ* thread a few days ago. The Permax 400 you buy separately has caps from the terminals to the can installed inside the can...you can see them if you look VERY carefully. Still need one across the terminals. The motor that comes in the kit: I can't see the internal caps (well, I think I can see *one*) so I measured with a cap meter. There does seem to be 27nF (0.027uF) on each terminal (that's what I measure, way too high to be "stray" capacitance). Not really enough IMO. So I'd install 47nF to 100nF (0.047-0.1uF) ceramic on each terminal and across them.
Old Sep 24, 2005, 03:40 PM
Joined Sep 2004
2,744 Posts
i'm not saying something right; serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigF
......................Larry again: You're kidding about the Snoopy source, right?.....................
The Permax motor I'm referring to came WITH THE KIT...........

No, i'm really confused; read my snoopy request posts again with a serious eye............... have NO IDEA what is meant by the "Scottish hamburger chain" that is "ALL OVER THE PLACE", bountiful as "weeds", and I mentioned Bk, Wendy's, McD's etc................. and they AINT' Scottish are they???? maybe there's a private or local joke out there, or maybe I'm from the wrong generation............ ok, WHAT IS THE BURGER name??????????????? Do we have them in USA............ in Colorado?????????????? in Denver metro area??????????????

Hey, I'm a senior citizen, and if there was a snoopy "giveaway', I missed it,........... ok, I'M SERIOUS....... but also, if I'm "missing" the joke, then the JOKE IS ON ME......... hey, I CAN TAKE IT............ but explain it to me...........

Simply; I wanna Snoopy like those for my plane.

thx,

LarryR
Old Sep 24, 2005, 04:54 PM
Joined Sep 2004
2,744 Posts
KAN 1050 batteries

What does the KAN mean??? Nimh's

thanks

LarryR
Old Sep 24, 2005, 05:28 PM
Given up counting
Bicester, UK
Joined Sep 2005
2,372 Posts
LarryR,

to put you out of your misery...

it must be McDonalds. McDonald is a Scottish name and those burger joints are as plentiful as weeds. If you look really carefully at the collection of snoopy's you can see the McDonalds logo on the front of at least one of them.

The green one in the middle

p.s. I fly with the ES permax 400 and rondo controller. Not that I've got anything to compare it with, but it seems OK to me so far. Can't blame it for my poor piloting.
alexeames is offline Find More Posts by alexeames
Old Sep 24, 2005, 05:41 PM
Joined Sep 2004
2,744 Posts
OK, maybe YOU got ME, but I think YOU got YOURSELF

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexeames
LarryR,
to put you out of your misery...
it must be McDonalds. McDonald is a Scottish name and those burger joints are as plentiful as weeds. If you look really carefully at the collection of snoopy's you can see the McDonalds logo on the front of at least one of them. The green one in the middle ............
OK, so I'm old, and never dreamed of LOOKING CLOSE........... but here's WHY I couldn't think that you guys were serious........ num one, I know of NO Scottish "fast food" hamburger places.............. ok, LAUGH, (or should I), but I think/thought McDonalds was IRISH........ isn't Mc and Mac IRISH??????????????? come on you Scottish and Irish folks, HELP ME............. I'm ready to blush a LOT, but don't think that I SHOULD be........... come on now, YOU had fun with ME.............. admit it if I AM RIGHT and YOU (plural) are WRONG.............

all said in fun, but want YOU to see MY viewpoint.

Happy Laughing to all of us.

LarryR
Old Sep 24, 2005, 07:30 PM
Ontario, Canada
Joined Aug 2003
468 Posts
Larry: It was a joke. Maybe it's not common, but we say when we're going to a Scottish restaurant or "eating Scottish", it means going to McDonalds. It is probably to everybody's benefit that there aren't any real Scottish restaurants outside of Scotland.

Being of Scottish descent and knowing some of our family's history, it is probably worth noting that many of the "original" Scots, those that inhabit what we call Scotland, came from Ireland and are related to those clans if you go back far enough. Many of the later ones came from France, such as mine (Frasers). Mc and Mac are virtually the same thing, and you will find both in families that call themselves Irish or Scottish. Generally though, you are kind of correct that all the Mc's and Mac's could probably trace their lineage back to Ireland. But we have to draw the line somewhere...

Edit: re the caps, IMO they should have included 3 (unless, of course, there really is just the one installed internally, would be kind of bizarre they didn't put 2). I would install the 2 caps, one from each terminal to the can edge like in the pic that comes with them. I'd put another across the 2 terminals. You can get from Radio Shack, try for same ceramic type.

re the batteries: KAN is a brand name. Cheap Battery Packs has them, and also their "own" CBP 1150 NiMH 2/3A types that are cheaper than KANs and they say are better. I suggest a brick format rather than the stick format like I got, the brick will give you more/better balance options than the stick will. Go for 8 cells I'd say, makes a neat brick and a tad more power for not much more $$.
Last edited by CraigF; Sep 24, 2005 at 08:03 PM.