HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 22, 2005, 12:38 PM
slope'n the Colombian Andes
Colombia, Antioquia, Girardota
Joined Mar 2001
4,596 Posts
Tri-Slope Six-Pack on May 21 and 22

The 2nd annual Tri-Slope Six-Pack (3S6P) will take place near Richland, WA, on May 21/22, 2005. Please see http://shredair.com/3s6p/3s6p05.html for detailed information.
We will keep this date constant, which means all future 3S6Ps will happen always one weekend before Memorial Day weekend.

At this time, we ask people to e-mail with registration information as requested here: http://shredair.com/3s6p/3s6p1.html This will help us gauge the levels of interest in the various categories and to allocate resources and volunteers accordingly. Also, we will periodically e-mail registrants regarding used and open frequencies for the categories they wish to fly in. So far, we have a dozen or so people registered, and we expect maybe about 50, if the lift is with us.

This thread is for constructive dialog of the event. If you have questions/comments, please feel free to post them here, and we will answer/discuss them.
Please abstain from posting snide remarks and banter-slander about the "crunchy vs foamy" tirade.

To our knowledge, the 3S6P is the only US slope event whose organizers guarantee an event free of all front-side foamy activity (foamies are allowed for DS only). The remainder of this post lists the four top reasons for us to choose the no-EPP format.

First, we agree there are many beautifully-built EPP planes out there; most are power slope soarers. Usually, the guys who have these EPP planes also have "crunchy" planes, and we don't know any performance-minded pilot who exclusively flies EPP planes. Thus, our EPP prohibition excludes hardly anyone.

Second, while there are EPP planes which could be allowed to participate, to distinguish between acceptable and non-acceptable EPP planes is subjective. We will not put ourselves in the position of judging, or arguing with pilots, about what is and is not acceptable. Instead, we're totally unambiguous: Foam stays home! Built-up, sheeted, bagged, or molded is flown!

Third, we wish to convey a very clear message:
First, to pilots with unique, elaborate, and high-performance planes that our friendly skies will be reserved for them and their cohorts. And while we cannot guarantee that the 3S6P will be mid-air free, we can at least minimize the chance.
Second, to pilots of combat slopers that this is the one weekend where you need not bother to travel here; feel free to do so on the remaining 99.45% of the year.

Fourth, we have a great sense of humor, a thick skin, and we're having lots of fun with the event and its concept and with conveying a clear message.

Dieter Mahlein, ShredAir
ShredAir is online now Find More Posts by ShredAir
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 22, 2005, 01:06 PM
Southern California
Joined Sep 2003
6,882 Posts
Congratulations on getting your point across!!! "Politically correct" is not necessarily a good thing! There can be a time and place for everything!! I'd love to be there-- but as you know-- the next week is our ISR PSS Fest! So, have a great foam free time-- and those guys with PSS foamies--- bring em to Cajon and you'll have an area set aside for YOU to fly all day!!!
Timmig!
timmig is online now Find More Posts by timmig
Old Mar 22, 2005, 01:26 PM
All times are GMT
United States, OR, Florence
Joined Mar 2004
1,075 Posts
Cool,..
wackyd is offline Find More Posts by wackyd
Last edited by wackyd; Mar 22, 2005 at 01:36 PM.
Old Mar 22, 2005, 01:32 PM
Vitruvian JART
San Francisco
Joined Mar 2003
5,018 Posts
Yaysssss!!!! Jes need me a ride and I am there.
Reed is offline Find More Posts by Reed
Old Mar 22, 2005, 01:44 PM
Feeling FrSky
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Feb 2003
19,907 Posts
My only request is that Mr. Wood or Mr. Schiess do us the honor of sticky-ing the thread

Steve
surfimp is offline Find More Posts by surfimp
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Buzz Evo RTF acro glider review
Old Mar 22, 2005, 09:44 PM
slope'n the Colombian Andes
Colombia, Antioquia, Girardota
Joined Mar 2001
4,596 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmig
I'd love to be there-- but as you know-- the next week is our ISR PSS Fest!
We purposely placed the date that way to make it easier on people flying in from afar to possibly be able to attend both events. TFLG and I have joked about how we assure to mutually exclude eachother from attending the other's event... : )
The PSS Fest on Memorial Day weekend definitely is the anchor event, and we're happy to ride on its shirt tails. Also, the lift usually is great then (not 2004).

Dieter Mahlein, ShredAir
ShredAir is online now Find More Posts by ShredAir
Old Mar 22, 2005, 09:47 PM
That Freeking Laird Guy
United States, CA, Riverside
Joined Feb 2002
8,813 Posts
You could always send down the ShredAir Corporate Jet to pick me up

TFLG
TFLG is offline Find More Posts by TFLG
Old Mar 22, 2005, 10:55 PM
Dances With The Wind
United States, FL, Punta Gorda
Joined May 2002
6,408 Posts
I like it happening on consecutive weekends. It makes it easier for me to attend both events.
Brian Courtice is online now Find More Posts by Brian Courtice
Old Mar 22, 2005, 11:06 PM
Oceanside CA
Joined Dec 2004
4,046 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfimp
My only request is that Mr. Wood or Mr. Schiess do us the honor of sticky-ing the thread

Steve
and that Mr. Wood FINISH HIS STINKIN' HALFPIPE ALREADY!!!
Mr. Innocent is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Innocent
Old Mar 23, 2005, 09:27 AM
Vancouver WA
Joined May 2004
1,335 Posts
I'm going to both, woohoo! My main worry is that I wipe out my planes at Eagle and then have to spend several days in Panic Fix Mode before heading down to PSS Fest...

ericm
ericm is offline Find More Posts by ericm
Old Mar 23, 2005, 10:08 AM
Vitruvian JART
San Francisco
Joined Mar 2003
5,018 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfimp

Steve
Starting to sense that our moderators don't like the idea of making this thread sticky. Why?
Old Mar 23, 2005, 10:20 AM
North Hills
Joined Nov 1999
6,073 Posts
Sorry Reed, I was busy sheeting wings instead of checking the forums last night... But we're sticky now.
SchiessCo is offline Find More Posts by SchiessCo
Old Mar 23, 2005, 10:45 AM
Vitruvian JART
San Francisco
Joined Mar 2003
5,018 Posts
Excellent, Pete! I knew if I was irritating enough I'd get my way.

Now, who do I bug to get a ride up there?
Old Mar 23, 2005, 02:12 PM
Vancouver WA
Joined May 2004
1,335 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed

If you can make it to Portland, we can probably get you the rest of the way

ericm
ericm is offline Find More Posts by ericm
Old Mar 23, 2005, 04:49 PM
sewing machine thumb
United States, CA, Palo Alto
Joined Jul 2001
2,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed

I can give you a ride from western Wyoming.
Frank S is offline Find More Posts by Frank S