HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 21, 2005, 11:41 AM
Joined Jan 2005
419 Posts
FuLL-fUsE " K`Tana S " *PICS*

i have just finished this pRoject and i consider it Completly SucceSfulL
i have not flown it, but it looks great, doesnīt it..?

Size:
38-1/2" wingspan
32" long
no weight yet

Set-up:
PJS500, E-flite20ampESC, TP 3s1320, APC and GWS 10x4.7
jamonraz is offline Find More Posts by jamonraz
Last edited by jamonraz; Mar 21, 2005 at 12:58 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 21, 2005, 11:48 AM
Joined Jan 2005
419 Posts
color Scheme opiniOns are welcOme
Old Mar 21, 2005, 01:50 PM
40%, 5% whats the diff?
Baltimore Greenbelt, Maryland, United States
Joined Jul 2003
1,341 Posts
WhaTs WiTH YouR TypInG??
TeamSME is offline Find More Posts by TeamSME
Old Mar 21, 2005, 01:54 PM
Norfolk Intl, Virginia, United States
Joined Jul 2002
1,824 Posts
Nice job! I can see that full fuse foamies are the new rage! Let us know some details and flight report!

-Ted
Ted U is offline Find More Posts by Ted U
Old Mar 21, 2005, 04:14 PM
Just fly,its just money.
Joined Oct 2004
1,438 Posts
Color schemes. I got a good new. I like the plane alot. nice job. Heres the link to color scheme I think would look sweet on it.

http://aeroflypro.com/screenshots/af...intro-ss03.jpg

hope it works out. oo yeah go to aeroflypro.com and check out the gallery and models and everything. they got some cool real ones. Hope this helps.

f2k
fish2keel is offline Find More Posts by fish2keel
Old Mar 21, 2005, 05:10 PM
Joined Jan 2005
419 Posts
thanks, great looking scheme, just need to get the foam-paint.

iīm installing the landing gear right now.. do you have an idea about how can i hold a wheel to a Cf rod..?
Old Mar 21, 2005, 06:36 PM
Just fly,its just money.
Joined Oct 2004
1,438 Posts
i think I might. There is some micro wheel collars made by dubro. I have them on my g-ride and they work great. There dont cost that much at all and I used 2 on each wheel. So you will need 2 packs if you do it like mind.
Old Mar 21, 2005, 06:39 PM
Just fly,its just money.
Joined Oct 2004
1,438 Posts
im guessing you know what foam paint to use. There is a thread on here if you dont have an airbrush. here is that thread.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=338329

Hope this helps to get some cool color schemes and this help you. good luck.

f2k
Old Mar 22, 2005, 09:41 PM
Allen, Texas
Joined Feb 2004
3,520 Posts
Plans????
davidsons is offline Find More Posts by davidsons
Old Mar 23, 2005, 02:56 AM
Joined Jan 2005
419 Posts
well, i have 5 flights, it flyS great, really.. really stiff, no twist. very precision movEs, i just moved the CG a little backward and it was hovering hands-off, no wing-rock experience in harriers. it handles moderate wind better than my e-flite ultimate, iīm very satiesfied. ( itīs my Second building experience whit electrics )
Quote:
Davidnsons: Plans????
i downloaded the "Katana S" plans from www.3dfoamy.com , everything is constant except the fuse, nothing extraordinary(just cut two fuselage pieces and glueīem adding squares betweenīem, install the system, and finally close the top and bottom, just let a free cap to introduce batterie.
i love when all the system is inside(servos, ESC, Batt, Rx, Wires, etc..) it just looks like the big ones and flys like the big ones
Old Mar 23, 2005, 04:33 PM
Just fly,its just money.
Joined Oct 2004
1,438 Posts
I love the plane so much. Can we get some pics of it when you get it painted. Oo yeah where and how much foam would i need to make this? You say just cut two fuselage pieces and glue them well to me your fuse isnt no square. It looks difficult for someone that has never done foam before. THanks. Good job as well.

f2k
Old Mar 23, 2005, 04:59 PM
Joined Jan 2005
419 Posts
well, here is a piC after painting, i just went whit the original scheme, i have not finished decorating it, but itīs getting nicer...

fish2keel << about the foam, i didnīt buy foam sheets, they arenīt available here in my city (Culiacan,Sinaloa,Mexico:P), but there is a material called "foamboard" itīs kinda depron/cardboard sandwish itīs 35"x55" and 4mm thick(you can cut the plane from it without problems). i removed the cardboard and thatīs it.. about the squares between the fuse, i donīt have the size, but i can measure them later.
iīm going to take a video and post it this weekend
Jamonraz
Old Mar 23, 2005, 05:47 PM
Just fly,its just money.
Joined Oct 2004
1,438 Posts
thanks abunch. Yeah the foamboard. We have that here in the states. i have some here at my house right now. Your running a PJS500. I was wondering what kinda power this thing is putting out. I have a hacker a20-20l and was wondering if I could get the same if not more performance out of it on that plane? I like the colors still. As long as it flys well. I cant wait to see the video. I love the plane still. i just cant get over how nice it is. Good job.

f2k