HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 20, 2005, 07:07 PM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
80 Posts
Whoops!
Cessna Scale Plans

I am wanting to construct a fleet of scale cessna planes of different models. If anyone has any plans or knows where i can get them it would be great. I was thinking along the lines of a 180,182,L-19 and 0-2 for starters. The bigger the plan the better as they are going to be farily large scale.
Regards Nathan
bran713 is offline Find More Posts by bran713
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 21, 2005, 01:55 AM
HeliAP'er!
Surrey, UK
Joined Aug 2003
8,210 Posts
I'm distributing Dave Blum's Cessna 182 plans if you're interested (free). Wingspan is 37.5". See my construction thread here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316445
Hogster is offline Find More Posts by Hogster
Old Mar 21, 2005, 07:58 AM
IWC
Joined Feb 2003
2,731 Posts
www.mountainmodels.com

Cessna 180
IWC is offline Find More Posts by IWC
Old Dec 31, 2012, 11:33 PM
Joined Dec 2012
4 Posts
i started a wiki/repository for us to document and revise our builds/information/photos/info.

https://github.com/niftylettuce/cess...ylane-rc-plans

going through pages and pages of forum threads can be extremely time consuming. just started my build a few months ago, will post my progress there too

please feel free to contribute
niftylettuce is offline Find More Posts by niftylettuce
Old Feb 23, 2013, 02:03 AM
Madison, MS
Joined Oct 2004
2,453 Posts
Several years ago, Berkeley Models made a 36" wingspan balsa model of the Cessna 180 as a u-control or free flight flier. It is a reasonably accurate model and is not a weekend project. They are seen on eBay from time to time, but some of the kits for sale may not be complete, and the seller may not know this. An accurate model could be made by referring to photos of real aircraft.

Has anyone ever built/flown one of these kits? Do you have any photos or suggestions for builders?
jeepers1940 is offline Find More Posts by jeepers1940
Old Feb 23, 2013, 12:06 PM
United States, CA, Garden Grove
Joined Oct 2000
11,941 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepers1940 View Post
Several years ago, Berkeley Models made a 36" wingspan balsa model of the Cessna 180 as a u-control or free flight flier. It is a reasonably accurate model and is not a weekend project. They are seen on eBay from time to time, but some of the kits for sale may not be complete, and the seller may not know this. An accurate model could be made by referring to photos of real aircraft.

Has anyone ever built/flown one of these kits? Do you have any photos or suggestions for builders?
I have built a number of Berkeley kits over the years, they generally were robustly designed for glow engine power as free-flight or control line models with more emphasis on scale looks vs lightweight structure. Converting these and similar Sterling model kits to electric powered RC with the expectation of scale-like flying qualities, requires experience in building light, choice of light but adequate power and RC gear and keeping the aft portions light to avoid having to add nose ballast. Avoid inlaying of nose and cabin sides for scale looks at the expense of scale-like flying. Go to Pat's Custom Models for some lightweight scale-like flying designs of the C-series and other lines.
E-Challenged is offline Find More Posts by E-Challenged
Old Mar 01, 2013, 06:12 PM
If it flies, I crash it!
USA, NH, Londonderry
Joined Nov 2006
921 Posts
Cessna L-19 Bird Dog Kit

I have a complete Cessna L-19 Bird Dog Kit originally from Berkley but has the FOX name on the box. Kit is old but complete.
dlazarus6660 is offline Find More Posts by dlazarus6660
Old Mar 02, 2013, 11:20 AM
United States, CA, Garden Grove
Joined Oct 2000
11,941 Posts
If you build it, reduce wing incidence. The 1/2A glow RC version that I built many yar ago, did a big loop and almost got me from behind,
E-Challenged is offline Find More Posts by E-Challenged