HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 27, 2002, 03:53 PM
Sailplane Nut
Providence, RI
Joined Nov 2000
344 Posts
I have also heard that the Hitec Eclips does have some sort of problem with flaps. I cant remember if it was camber, or flaps on the throttle stick... in any respect I would avoid it.

I would suggest waiting for the new JR 378 (replacement of the 783) to come out. Its due out any day now from what I hear, but confirm that with horizon hobby. I flew a 783 for a long time and it will do all that you need for a full house ship in all the right places including a three postion launch, reflex switch. Adjustable camber on the throttle stick, and adjustable flaps on the throttle stick. It also has all the necessary other mixes and even some customizable ones. Its a great radio for the price.

You could also look for an 8103 used for a good price. I have also heard some nice things about the futabas, but I have no direct experience with them.

Nick
NickW is offline Find More Posts by NickW
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 27, 2002, 05:25 PM
USA, CA, Watsonville
Joined Jul 2001
454 Posts
Need advice from a radio expert

Hi there,

I am getting into sailplanes that are now requiring me to have a radio that is capabable of of very advanced mixing and features. I have a sailplane with both flaps and ailerons and I would like to be able to mix camber control on all surfaces and have it hooked up to the throttle stick on the TX. Unfortunately my hitec prism no longer cuts the mustard. I really liked the hitec eclipse untill someone told me you cannot use the throttle stick for flap control, does anyone know if this is true? If this radio won't work for me I'm looking at the futaba 9c series. Any comments suggestions, etc... I'm on a serious budget so if there's a way to make the hitec work or if someone knows of another budget radio that will work for me please let me know. Thanks guys!
g00bd0g is offline Find More Posts by g00bd0g