Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
View Poll Results: OK, Place your bets for fun. WILL SHE FLY?
"The force is strong with this one." 195 54.78%
"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts" 100 28.09%
"Negitive.... It just impacted on the surface" 24 6.74%
Pull up! Pull up!! Ba-da-boommmm! 37 10.39%
Voters: 356. You may not vote on this poll

Old Apr 20, 2005, 09:08 AM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,643 Posts
edit*
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 20, 2005, 09:09 AM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeX2
I found this great site which has blueprints for many starwars ships. ,

http://www.drfreund.net/mainframe.ht..._blueprint.htm
now THAT'S cool.... I think a Star Destroyer should be next... you could fake the whole command tower and make it a vertical stab....maybe even take the right and left halves of it and slant them together like a pyramid shape to make a triangular-shaped twin vertical stabilizer... and the top of the command deck could be like the high elevator of a T-Tail jetliner..

Imagine... three ducted fans... (two 40's and one 55....lol).. and the cheater hole could be the bottom docking hatch where they sucked in Princess Leia's ship in the original Star Wars

if you make it big enough you could stick GO-RC's MF to the back of it so he can wait for them to dump their trash

GO-RC.. your Falcon looks amazing!.. I wish you the best.... and I can't wait for Snake's next incarnation
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
Last edited by Akura2; Apr 21, 2005 at 10:06 PM.
Old Apr 20, 2005, 09:41 AM
Rem The Wasp CV-7 9/15/42
Santa Clarita,CA
Joined Apr 2004
1,685 Posts
How big are the vertical stabs on the Falcon?
SammyB is offline Find More Posts by SammyB
Old Apr 20, 2005, 09:57 AM
Flap chap
Most Southern England, Brighton UK
Joined May 2004
1,934 Posts
Thanks Akura, i have the body and mandibles cutout and sanded, and i have some computer graphics for the top of the model. Its gonna look fab!! Keep it up, GO,

James,
snakeX2 is offline Find More Posts by snakeX2
Old Apr 20, 2005, 12:09 PM
Flap chap
Joined May 2004
1,934 Posts
Hehe, here's a sneak peak of my new falcon. Hope it looks ok?
Old Apr 20, 2005, 01:37 PM
Outcast outlaw
As far away from RCGroups and the AMA as possible!
Joined Aug 2004
6,601 Posts
Nice!
Red 61 is offline Find More Posts by Red 61
Old Apr 20, 2005, 02:19 PM
Jacksonville FL
Joined Feb 2005
378 Posts
James, What are you going to do for propulsion this time? Also, you still have us all waiting for a video of your first Falcon.
T-Fly is offline Find More Posts by T-Fly
Old Apr 20, 2005, 04:00 PM
Flap chap
Joined May 2004
1,934 Posts
Sorry i had no vid of the first one, its a little 'old' though intact. But this one is very much the same and will look alot more realistic and i have increased the diametre by 3 or so cm. I swear a vid will be available, if i can ever get it flying a circuit or something. Just stand by!

I will probably use the sp400, seemed good enough for the other and i have lowered the drag on this one and increased the area. One reason i did this was to accomodate a heavier battery pack.

James,
Old Apr 20, 2005, 10:49 PM
Have Bluecore....will fly
Arizona, United States
Joined Mar 2005
320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCaste
I've enjoyed a lot this thread. Your MF is so neatly and beautifully made it has to fly well (or at least fly, because with that shape it well behave quite funny )! Once painted, with a fan inside, and Chewbacca screaming while it flies, it would be like the cherry on top of the cake.
I agree.
GO-RC is offline Find More Posts by GO-RC
Old Apr 20, 2005, 11:31 PM
Arizona, United States
Joined Mar 2005
320 Posts
Well fine tuning is done, battery is charged, forecast looks good for Sunday. I still havenít glued on the cockpit. I think for my first test flights I'll leave it off. After I get her to behave in the air I will glue it on and compensate for the drag.

DWA - Not sure how well she would soar. The model really is an odd flying box(that looks cool ) Test glides for me have had to be fast to keep her flying, be she does soar for a while!

James - Thanks for the link, cool site. If the falcon flyís my next ship might be a Snow speeder or the Republic Gunship. They could be fun parkflyers, is it possible??
I'm glad your going back at it. The printed graphics do look good .Thereís no mistaking what that ship is. Good luck with your new bird!

SammyB - The fins on my Falcon are about 5x6". As big as I could get out of a CD case.

Akura2 - How about the Super Star Destroyer. She even kind of has small wings. You could have a mini Falcon drop off her during flight and glide to the ground. Good idea of the docking bay for the fan intake.

Thanks all for your comments and encouragement.

May the Force be with us all.

GO-RC
Old Apr 21, 2005, 09:03 AM
San Jose, California
Joined Jan 2002
1,199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeX2
I found this great site which has blueprints for many starwars ships. ,

http://www.drfreund.net/mainframe.ht..._blueprint.htm
The Naboo Royal Cruiser would be too easy.

The N1 would be pretty cool. The body would have to provide some of the lift. Now where's my yellow paint?
jbc455 is offline Find More Posts by jbc455
Old Apr 21, 2005, 09:12 AM
Rem The Wasp CV-7 9/15/42
Santa Clarita,CA
Joined Apr 2004
1,685 Posts
I hope the vertical stabs are big enough. Thats why I was asking. Had a B2 that had horrible adverse yaw and yaw problems in general untill I added some verts. But they needed to be pretty large to get any stability. Anyway, I'm sure you have it figured out as it looks too nice not to fly.
SammyB is offline Find More Posts by SammyB
Old Apr 21, 2005, 10:19 AM
Flap chap
Joined May 2004
1,934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbc455
The Naboo Royal Cruiser would be too easy.

The N1 would be pretty cool. The body would have to provide some of the lift. Now where's my yellow paint?

Yes that cruiser is basically a flying wing, and the N1 would be sooo cool, whos gonna build the next? I must admit, with each design of ship, many new problems will occur, these ships were definetely not designed for flying!

The verticle stabs i used were big enough, though the bigger the better. I angled them out a few degrees, on my brief 'flight', they improved handling when angled. GO-RC, im not sure, but maybe those verts are a little too small?

So are you going to paint it once it flys, GO-RC? I suppose you could use your plan and print another to stick on top of the falcon?
Old Apr 21, 2005, 09:09 PM
Arizona, United States
Joined Mar 2005
320 Posts
I'm hoping that the fins will do the job. They should get some help from the hollow passage down the center of the ship. I've also angled them about 15 degrees.

I will paint it for sure if she flys well.
Old Apr 22, 2005, 11:56 AM
crashin with a smile
Los Angeles Industry, California, United States
Joined Jul 2004
1,149 Posts
(Yes that cruiser is basically a flying wing, and the N1 would be sooo cool, whos gonna build the next? I must admit, with each design of ship, many new problems will occur, these ships were definetely not designed for flying!

The verticle stabs i used were big enough, though the bigger the better. I angled them out a few degrees, on my brief 'flight', they improved handling when angled. GO-RC, im not sure, but maybe those verts are a little too small?

So are you going to paint it once it flys, GO-RC? I suppose you could use your plan and print another to stick on top of the falcon?)

I kind of would like to see one of the land walkers fly. If you could do that you are truly a real aero engineer. lol
sirdirk007 is offline Find More Posts by sirdirk007