HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 18, 2005, 07:01 PM
Joined Mar 2005
6 Posts
Question
How to mount 2508 on pager motor

Sorry for newb question but I did search and could not find the answer

How do you attach a 2508 prop to the shaft of a pager motor when there is approximately a .2mm gap in between the two?
PlanesRcool is offline Find More Posts by PlanesRcool
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 18, 2005, 11:33 PM
Time wounds all heels.
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Jul 2001
832 Posts
i have done it 2 ways...one is to take a very thin strip of tissue paper, touch a toothpick in a drop of CA, put a tiny dab of CA on the motor shaft and secure the end of the tissue strip to the shaft, wind the tissue to the desired width, put the prop on and secure with another tiny dab of CA. Its probably not suitable for anything making power but it has worked for me on little stuff.

the other is to put a tip of balsa in the prop hub hole, secure with CA and drill fit or press the pager on. Both methods take a bit of practice to make sure you balance the prop.

And those are just my hack methods, there are better ones out there I bet.
watersharer is offline Find More Posts by watersharer
Old Mar 19, 2005, 01:48 AM
Go Dawgs!!!!!!!
USA, NC, Clayton
Joined Feb 2001
5,860 Posts
Depending on the amount of the gap, I try to find a piece of wire that just does fit in the prop hole, then strip a short piece of insulation from it and CA it into the prop. The I glue the gear or prop on the carbon fiber shaft, or use the friction fit if it is tight enuough. Same idea can be applied to a dd motor, just be very careful not to get any glue in the motors bearings. Sometimes heat shrink tubing can be used the same way.

Later,
David
David Hogue is offline Find More Posts by David Hogue
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 19, 2005, 08:47 PM
a little kid at heart
Poulsbo, Wa
Joined Sep 2004
1,235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hogue
Depending on the amount of the gap, I try to find a piece of wire that just does fit in the prop hole, then strip a short piece of insulation from it and CA it into the prop. The I glue the gear or prop on the carbon fiber shaft, or use the friction fit if it is tight enuough. Same idea can be applied to a dd motor, just be very careful not to get any glue in the motors bearings. Sometimes heat shrink tubing can be used the same way.

Later,
David
Very CLever...I will try that.
Thank You

Bill
poulsbobill is online now Find More Posts by poulsbobill