SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 17, 2005, 11:35 PM
Joined Jul 2002
242 Posts
Great Planes U-Can-Do 3D Flight-Flex EP ARF

Does anyone have any info on how this plane performs?
rtn9105 is offline Find More Posts by rtn9105
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 18, 2005, 10:27 AM
United States, IL, Bartlett
Joined Jun 2002
450 Posts
I recently bought, assembled and flown this. Stock, it does have some power. For most of us, that is not enough power. I threw a mpjet brushless with a 3 cell 1500 lipo in it and this plane was an animal. Anything you want. It flies really well and lands slow. As for assembly, it went pretty smoothly. There are hinges for the ailerons, and the instructions mention to hot glue them in. Not a good idea. Too easy to get all gummed up. Also, the hardware includes carbon rods and flimsy horns. I broke 3 of them on my 3rd landing in the grass. They just ripped apart, so you may want to change those out. Other than that, I actually recommend this plane.
stamper is offline Find More Posts by stamper
Old Mar 18, 2005, 02:46 PM
Joined Jul 2002
242 Posts
Thanks for the info. What do you recommend for hinges, and control horns?
I'm just about ready to start assembly on one of these. I'm planning to use a brushless motor and a 3 cell lipo as well.
rtn9105 is offline Find More Posts by rtn9105
Old Mar 18, 2005, 02:52 PM
United States, IL, Bartlett
Joined Jun 2002
450 Posts
I used the E-flight control horns for my plane. They are pretty tough plastic and have 3 holes so you can choose the response rates better. They come with a back plate that screws to the control horn. I have used them on 25 of my planes and they work real well.
As for the hinges, I do like the supplied ones, but all I am saying is be careful how you install them. maybe some foam safe CA. I did use the hot glue method, but I had to burn some of that away cause it kinda got everywhere. Next time I will use the CA. You are gonna love the brushless on this plane. The supplied motor will go on a cheapy foam plane I have in mind to make, but this plane begs for a brushless. Good luck.

Scott
stamper is offline Find More Posts by stamper