|Mar 26, 2002, 07:42 PM|
Herr Fokker D VII
I thought I would share some pictures of my D VII flown by Willi Gabriel.
I built this model 2 years ago.
Its covered with Japanese Tissue.I designed and printed it on my computer.AUW. is 6.5oz, and with 8x270 mAh nimh
it fly's for around 10 to 12 min.
|Mar 28, 2002, 01:28 PM|
First Version:3 channel Throttle, Elevator, Rudder, 2 CS10 Servos, 8x270 mAh nimh (They were the same size as the now 300 mAh nimh.), HY50D Motor 5:1 with a 7.25x4 Modella CO2 prop Hitec 5 speed control, and Carbon fiber Push rods.
Now: Same Everything Except, 8x270 mAh nimh (the new ones, same size as 110 mAh nicad's.)They hold there voltage better. and the GWS 5.9:1 Motor with an 8x6 GWS Prop.
Flight Charateristics are great, and alot of fun to ROG.
|Mar 29, 2002, 11:18 AM|
Nice DVII! You did a great job at keeping the weight low. I'm almost finished with a Guillow's Thomas Morse S4C Scout which is the same size as the DVII and the weight will probably be almost 8oz. I couldn't resist adding ailerons so that added some weight.
Is 6.5oz what it weighs now with the present GWS motor, prop, and, newer 270 (110Nicad sized) cells? I haven't seen these yet. Do you know if they are lighter than the present 300mAH 2/3AAA NiMH cells?
Did you use the kit wheels? If so, are they vacuum formed like the ones in my Herr Pitts Special? I made homemade wheels for my Tommy which came out lighter than the Guillow's kit wheels but they still were a bit heavy at about 4g each.
Any wood replacement or strengthening done to beef it up for e-power?
|Mar 29, 2002, 09:08 PM|
Thanks, Its was a fun Project!
Yes, 6.5oz is the AUW now.
As far as the batteries, they are about the same weight. They didn't have the 300s when I installed the 270s.
I did use the kit wheels which are laminated balsa. I do have a problem with them coming apart so I have to find replacement wheels.
I really didn't see a need to beef up the main structure other then installing the RC equipment. Although, I did change the landing gear, instead of the hard wood just glued to the fuse sides. I cut the hardwood struts per plan, but then glued Carbon fiber rod(.070) 2/3 the length of the inside part of the struts leaving 1/4 inch overhang at the top(to go into the fuse). Then capped each side with 1/16 sq. Balsa and shaped. On the inside of the fuse for hard points, I just glued 1/4sq.x3/8 long balsa then drilled to except the struts. Also, to save weight I used a carbon fiber axle instead of the piano wire. That alone cut half the weight of the landing gear assembly!
I hope that this makes sense.
Good luck with your S4C Scout, I would really like to see pic's , and hear how it fly's.
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Rubber FF to E-RC Herr Fokker D.VII||Zeroaltitude||Scale Kit/Scratch Built||20||Dec 12, 2005 05:32 AM|
|Herr Fokker D-VII FF to RC conversion||Zeroaltitude||Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models||1||Dec 05, 2005 09:31 PM|
|Herr Fokker D.VII for the winter/indoor season, help with paintschemes please!||Zeroaltitude||Scale Kit/Scratch Built||5||Sep 13, 2005 07:57 AM|
|Herr Fokker D-VII 4 ch indoor||Davomatic||Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models||20||Aug 11, 2004 02:54 PM|
|Herr Fokker D-VII (24" Span) to r/c||Lutin||Scale Kit/Scratch Built||3||Oct 06, 2002 02:50 PM|