SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 16, 2005, 06:02 AM
Plane Crazy
UK,Wales,Swansea
Joined Mar 2005
58 Posts
Idea
Making VTOL craft

I have been serching through as many sites as I can find about VTOL planes and seems to be very possible and I would like to get a small profile VTOL to fly ,this would not be to big like an indoor size model or instead of plane a small little type of landing craft or troop carrier like the ones they have on star wars for example.I have a few ideas on this for one having 4 EDFs as propullsion and having sliding pieces of plastic on a servo to limit the amount of air being pushed downwards or having one central fan like kyosho fan like the one the T-33 and having pipes or channels from the fan and one more idea 4 fans with pipes to a central space on the model and having servos open sliders to syphen air to the space to reduce power.All of these ideas are open to me but all ideas would have throttle and i do have a computer handset because this all going to get extreamely completcated and i will try to post a pic of the model I am trying to make. What do you think
Twinjet_Mad is offline Find More Posts by Twinjet_Mad
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 16, 2005, 06:05 AM
Plane Crazy
UK,Wales,Swansea
Joined Mar 2005
58 Posts
This has nothing to do with this but how do you give yourself a little piciture.
Old Mar 16, 2005, 09:53 AM
Plane Crazy
UK,Wales,Swansea
Joined Mar 2005
58 Posts
These are the models I am hoping to make an R/C model of

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/acatalog...RE_TAU_15.html

TAU ORCA DROPSHIP and TAU HAMMERHEADS

I do not know how to add pics so for now I will give you this website
Old Mar 16, 2005, 11:51 AM
Crash Site Instigator
Novato, CA USA
Joined Jan 2002
917 Posts
Welcome to EZone !

To add a picture to a post, enter your text, then hit Manage Attachments, then browse your computer to find the picture(s) you want, hit upload, and close the window. Below is one I copied from www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228235

To add a little picture under your name (avatar), go to My RCGroups (top left of screen), select Edit Avatar, then browse your computer to find the little picture you want. You normally have to use a photo editor to get the avatar small enough to meet the specs (75 pixels square).

Larry
sheerLuck is offline Find More Posts by sheerLuck
Old Mar 16, 2005, 02:44 PM
Plane Crazy
UK,Wales,Swansea
Joined Mar 2005
58 Posts
Wow that is incredable now you got we woundering if my handset has the correct mixers for that type of aircraft and could even incorperate that into my space craft/landing craft theme because that is my ultimate goal.

Thanks a bunch for the pic.
Old May 25, 2005, 05:30 PM
Joined Jun 2004
236 Posts
TwinJet, you into warhammer40k? I think it's really cool, but it's really time consuming (but then again so is building rc planes)
R/C Flier268 is offline Find More Posts by R/C Flier268
Old May 25, 2005, 06:06 PM
United States, CA, Stockton
Joined Jul 2002
187 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=374418

check out this vtol i flew at rcx this year
Labrother is offline Find More Posts by Labrother
Old May 28, 2005, 03:04 PM
"Experienced-Crasher"
Rex, NC "Extreme Boonies"
Joined Jan 2002
2,360 Posts
Oh MAN!...

You want VTOL?... you guys GOTTA see this! and check out the 6 min video in the Gym.. it's.. It's just AMAZING! Bob
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=360980
Demon-Leather is offline Find More Posts by Demon-Leather
Old May 25, 2009, 01:26 PM
This is high school for you...
Longmont, CO
Joined Jan 2009
244 Posts
So what flying modes, etc., would you use for an airplane like this...... could you use your slider to control the pitch?
A10 man is offline Find More Posts by A10 man
Old May 25, 2009, 01:27 PM
This is high school for you...
Longmont, CO
Joined Jan 2009
244 Posts
Did you build that from plans? If so could you send them to me..

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheerLuck
Welcome to EZone !

To add a picture to a post, enter your text, then hit Manage Attachments, then browse your computer to find the picture(s) you want, hit upload, and close the window. Below is one I copied from www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228235

To add a little picture under your name (avatar), go to My RCGroups (top left of screen), select Edit Avatar, then browse your computer to find the little picture you want. You normally have to use a photo editor to get the avatar small enough to meet the specs (75 pixels square).

Larry
A10 man is offline Find More Posts by A10 man