SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Mar 16, 2005, 03:38 AM
Joined Feb 2005
544 Posts
The hard green enamel makes for high heat/current abilites.. the stators are nice and thick for more iron bells are nice ..2mm thick mags would be better but too late for that now.. would love to see you kit for 12pole stators as nothing is better for 3D dia of stator is a plus over 22.7 stators.. dia adds power/torque .. love to see larger 6pole stators for speed and 12pole for 3D .. 9poles are fine though and the norm. I agree price is high.. for your kits.. as labor is cheap when the end user does all the work but time is not cheap. The kit is well thought out and good value all the same. Would like to see cheaper price on bells.. 15 dollars per bell is alittle too rich for most.
Amp User is offline Find More Posts by Amp User
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 16, 2005, 08:18 AM
You can do it!!!
Joined Mar 2005
688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by latrans
I like the looks of your kit but I have a few questions. First, why do you use 10mm magnets when your stator is only 6.6mm tall? Seems like you could use smaller magnets and get the same performance but with a lighter motor. Second question, please correct me if I misread your building instructions, is it accurate that the shaft is a slip fit into the bell which is then secured with CA? If this is so have you had problems with the shaft slipping or coming loose? My experience tells me that this maybe a weak point in the motor.
Latrans
In order to make our kit easier to assemble especially for beginner, we selected 10mm long magnets for the kit instead of 7mm long magnet. So that, you only need to adjust the distance between magnet to magnet and don’t need to adjust the height of magnet at the same time. As you know that the high graded NdFeB magnet is easy to break. Less adjustment work less chance to break the magnet. If you guys would like us to provide 10 x 7 x 1.5mm magnet for the kit in order to save the weight, it is not a problem. Please post your comment at this point. And, regarding to the main shaft, it doesn’t have slipping and coming loose if you use thick CA to secure the shaft. We did many tests and have no any problem at this point.
Da V. is offline Find More Posts by Da V.
Last edited by Da V.; Mar 16, 2005 at 08:25 AM.
Old Mar 16, 2005, 08:33 AM
You can do it!!!
Joined Mar 2005
688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amp User
Would like to see cheaper price on bells.. 15 dollars per bell is alittle too rich for most.
Regarding to the price of bell, it costs USD8.45only, not USD15.00.

Da V.
Komodo Hobby
www.komodohobby.com
Old Mar 16, 2005, 08:49 AM
You can do it!!!
Joined Mar 2005
688 Posts
Performance Data of KH-278

Here is some of KH-278 performance Data for your reference. Those data shows that the performance of this motor is suitable for Shock Flyers, parkflyers or flying wing. Of course there are many many winding methods to make this motor to perform in different ways.
Last edited by Da V.; Mar 16, 2005 at 08:56 AM.
Old Mar 16, 2005, 11:45 PM
Englishman in Japan
Takasaki, Gunma, Japan
Joined Nov 2003
465 Posts
Looks like a very nice motor and I want one!
Have to agree with the others that it is going to be a tough sell at $27.66
Magnet spacers would be nice and how long is that shaft, bearing holder?
A quote from your website:-
In our e-shop, you can easily find different sizes of bell, stator, permanent NdFeB magnet, enameled magnet wire and upgrade parts. Our service is absolutely to save your time to search parts to build your own brushless motor.

I spent some time looking but could not find any parts listed. Also without knowing the shipping price, I hesitate to place an order.
So how much to ship to Japan or the US???
How about a special introductory offer for us RC groupers? Positive comments on this forum will surely help your business
Spadkun is offline Find More Posts by Spadkun
Old Mar 17, 2005, 05:55 AM
Just Keeping UP
United States, ID, Moyie Springs
Joined May 2004
1,769 Posts
I'd say this looks like a nice kit for the money. There are a lot of items in the kit and they look nicely made. With a 6.6 mm thick stator and 10 mm long magnets, it should have torque in between a normal single 5 mm stator and a double 10 mm stator.

Where can you buy a motor like this for less than $30?

Nick
nfhill is offline Find More Posts by nfhill
Old Mar 17, 2005, 06:59 AM
Crash Master
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Sep 2001
16,632 Posts
Good comments. I agree, that this should make a nice 'tweener' (somewhere between a single and double)

Looks like there may be a 'sweet spot' for a 2s/10a/1047 3D motor somwhere aroung 15-16 turns. Would be great for 2s830 packs, or the new TP730 ProLites, IIRC. Hmmm...

Pricing doesn't seem bad. Sure, it's not as cheap as a GBv, but it's less than a GBx... Probably real similar performance to the ACW 22x7 DIYMOT... about the same price.

Just checked shipping, and Parcel Post to the US is $3. EMS (recommended by vendor) is $23.42 Ouch! But, I've had no problems with Parcel Post for the most part...
Gene Bond is offline Find More Posts by Gene Bond
Old Mar 17, 2005, 07:30 AM
Englishman in Japan
Takasaki, Gunma, Japan
Joined Nov 2003
465 Posts
Just ordered one
How long will it take to get to Japan?
Spadkun is offline Find More Posts by Spadkun
Last edited by Spadkun; Mar 17, 2005 at 07:49 AM.
Old Mar 17, 2005, 07:59 AM
You can do it!!!
Joined Mar 2005
688 Posts
Photos of Main shaft and Shaft Holder

Attached are the photos to show the size of Main Shaft and Shaft Holder.
Old Mar 17, 2005, 08:01 AM
You can do it!!!
Joined Mar 2005
688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spadkun
A quote from your website:-
In our e-shop, you can easily find different sizes of bell, stator, permanent NdFeB magnet, enameled magnet wire and upgrade parts. Our service is absolutely to save your time to search parts to build your own brushless motor.

I spent some time looking but could not find any parts listed. Also without knowing the shipping price, I hesitate to place an order.
So how much to ship to Japan or the US???
At this point, we can give you some idea what products will be coming up at our site in near future. Whole product line of carbon Fiber Tubes, Carbon Fiber Broad, Digital Multimeter, #30 and #31 Magnet Wires, Firewall Mount for KH-278, Propeller Saver, NdFeB Magnet and etc……. (Some of the products are not allowed to list here by our boss ordered).

Regarding to the size of NdFeB magnet, we will start a campaign of Vote for Your Size of Magnet. In this campaign, you can tell us what size with what grade of NdFeB magnet you want. We will provide the popular size of magnet to meet your needs….

Regarding to the shipping cost, it depends on the weight of your parcel. Our shopping cart system will calculate it automatically. You can see every item is stated the shipping weight on site. Before you confirm the order, our shopping cart system will notice you the shipping cost. You can choose either Standard Parcel Post or Express Mail Post Services to ship your order. And, you can adjust the quantity of your order while you check out. Once you confirm the order, our shopping cart system will send an invoice to you and to our beautiful administrator immediately. Because our products always in stock, so that, we can guarantee your order will be shipped in next working day once the payment is settled. Shopping at our site is 100% secure since we only accept VISA, MASTER via Paypal only. All transaction is handled at Paypal secure site only. If you would like to know more details, please go to this link http://www.komodohobby.com/payment.htm

The following is an example of shipping cost. If you order one motor kit to Japan or US, the shipping cost is USD3.00 (Standard Parcel Post). But if you order three motor kits at once, the shipping cost will be USD4.97. So that, the average of shopping cost per kit is USD1.66. More you order more shipping cost you can save.

Da V.
Komodo Hobby
Old Mar 17, 2005, 08:12 AM
You can do it!!!
Joined Mar 2005
688 Posts
Thank you for your order and payment. Your order will be shipped tomorrow.
Old Mar 17, 2005, 08:29 AM
You can do it!!!
Joined Mar 2005
688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Bond
Just checked shipping, and Parcel Post to the US is $3. EMS (recommended by vendor) is $23.42 Ouch! But, I've had no problems with Parcel Post for the most part...
Normally, it is safe to ship orders to United State. At this moment, all of our buyers can receive the orders after 4-9days wthout any problem.

Da V.
Komodo Hobby
Old Mar 18, 2005, 12:05 AM
You can do it!!!
Joined Mar 2005
688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Bond
EMS (recommended by vendor) is $23.42 Ouch!
I would prefer you to group your order with your friend in order to save money for the Express Mail Service.

Da V.
Komodo Hobby
Old Mar 18, 2005, 07:21 AM
You can do it!!!
Joined Mar 2005
688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spadkun
Just ordered one
Your order has been shipped today. You can check the order status on our site under your order number.

Da V.
Komodo Hobby
www.komodohobby.com
Old Mar 18, 2005, 12:49 PM
The Netherlands, ZH, Arkel
Joined Aug 2004
36 Posts
Prices gone down??
gijs is offline Find More Posts by gijs
Closed Thread